Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, popularly known as CIMAP, is a self-governing organization run under the Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India. The institute offers only PhD program across all frontline areas of agricultural, biological and chemical sciences streams. The admissions are granted on the basis of candidate’s merit in CSIR UGC-NET or equivalent entrance exam. However, candidates must also possess a valid MSc degree in related disciplines in order to be eligible.
CIMAP, Lucknow has scientific collaborations with various organizations both in India and abroad. It also organizes training programs, entrepreneurship building programs, need based industrial training and awareness programs. Additionally, short-term and long-term skill development programs are also stated for candidates.
CIMAP Lucknow Quick Facts
- CIMAP, Lucknow is one of the fastest emerging and leading research institutes in the country offering PhD programs in 6 disciplines.
- The institute enables research scholars to carry out advanced research in the area of Biotechnology/ Bioprospecting/ Genomics/ Plant Tissue Culture/ Bioinformatics/ Plant Physiology/ Metabolomics/ Biochemistry/ Microbiology/ Botany/ Natural Product/ Synthetic/ Analytical/ Process Chemistry/ Pharmaceutical/ Industrial Chemistry/ Chemical Engineering/ Agronomy/ Soil Science/ Agriculture Microbiology/ Plant Nutrition/ Crop Improvement/ Crop Protection/ Agricultural Economics & Extension/ Environmental Sciences etc.
- In order to be eligible for its PhD program, one must have an MSc degree in agricultural, biological or chemical sciences stream.
- Selection to the course is done through CSIR UGC- NET followed by an interview.
- The admissions to the program are conducted twice a year, in the months of January and August.
- Candidates on completion of the program are awarded a degree from JNU, New Delhi.
- CIMAP, Lucknow provides the final year students with internship opportunities in research firms and companies.
- The Faculty members at CIMAP are highly experienced scientists in their area of research and provide extensive knowledge to the students.
CIMAP Lucknow Courses & Fees
Below tabulated are the details of PhD program offered by CIMAP, Lucknow:
|PROGRAM||PROGRAM DETAILS||SELECTION BASIS|
||CSIR-UGC NET/ ICMR-NET/ DBT-JRF/ GPAT or equivalent exam that results in a JRF/SRF fellowship tenable at CSIR-CIMAP|
CIMAP Lucknow Scholarships
Students pursuing their PhD from CIMAP, Lucknow are offered a stipend from the institution or from the government. Some of the scholarships offered to research scholars are:
- Raman Research Fellowship by CSIR
- Dr. P.D Sethi Memorial National Award: A cash prize of INR 15,000 is offered to research candidates.
- Newton-Bhabha Fellowship
CIMAP Lucknow FAQs
Ques: If I qualify for the cut-off CSIR UGC-NET will I automatically qualify for admission at CIMAP, Lucknow?
Ans: No, you may be eligible for admission at CIMAP but that doesn’t guarantee your admission. The final selection of students is done on the cumulative performance of candidates in last qualifying examinations, entrance scores and personal interview conducted by the institute itself.
Ques: What are the research facilities at CIMAP, Lucknow?
Ans: The Lucknow experimental farm (covering 25 acres) serves as a primary location for agricultural research and field experiments including the introduction of new crops as well as the creation and assessment of improved kinds. It has MAP conservatories (similar to the ‘Manav’ park), a field gene bank, processing facilities, vermicompost units, a meteorological station, and a water collecting facility, and many other facilities.
Ques: Does CIMAP, Lucknow have tie-ups with other educational institutions?
Ans: Yes, for good research and academic approach CIMAP Lucknow has collaborated with many research and educational institutions throughout India and abroad. Some of which are: JNU, GB Pant University of Agriculture & Technology (GBPUAT), Pantnagar, Chandra Shekhar Azad University of Agriculture & Technology (CSAUAT), Kanpur, Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Allahabad University, and Lucknow University.
Ques. What is the PhD 2021 admission procedure at CIMAP, Lucknow?
Ans. The PhD admissions for the academic year 2021 are conducted online. Candidates need to download the application form from the official institute website. After filling the application form, processing fee of INR 500 (INR 300 for SC/ST/OBC/PWD) must be paid in online in favour of CSIR-CIMAP Account (Account No. 30267691783, IFSC SBIN0000125). Candidates have to attach copies of academic/ educational certificates and also proof of award of fellowship in pdf format with their application and sent by mail at email@example.com on or before the last date.