The Registration process at CMC Vellore is done Online, and the printout of the same must be sent to the office Registry office. The application fee must be paid along with the registration fee of the applied course through the Online payment mode. The Candidates must have passed their 10+2 examination in the science stream and must have a valid percentile in the NEET UG examination. For the PG courses, the candidates must graduate in the relevant discipline and must have a valid score in the NEET PG examination.
Here are some key highlights of admissions at Christian Medical College Vellore:
- The MBBS course is offered to the students of CMC Vellore, to which the admission is done based on the score obtained in the NEET UG examination.
- The admission to BPO, B. Sc, BOT, BPT & Diploma courses in Allied Health Science (AHS) courses based on the score in Computer Based Test (CBT) followed by an interview.
- Admission to MS (Bioengineering) & M.Tech (Clinical Research) is granted based on a valid score in GATE while M. Sc, M. Phil, MPH admission is offered on the basis of the performance of the entrance examination conducted by the college.
- CMC offers MD and MS program, for which the admission is based on the NEET PG score
- It also offers DM and M. Ch courses, and the admission to which is done on the basis of performance in CBT.
- The college also offers admission to the Nursing course B.Sc, M.Sc & PG Diploma on the basis of score in CBT and assessment test.
- CMC also offers PGDFM, DFID, PGDG & M. Med programs through distance education mode. Admissions are done on the basis of merit of the previous examinations concerning the relevant experience holders.
CMC Vellore Admission Dates 2021
|Entrance Exam (B.Sc. Nursing/Allied Health Science)||May 12, 2021|
|Entrance Exam (Diploma/M.Sc./MHA/MPH)||May 12, 2021|
|Selection Results (B.Sc./Diploma in Nursing)||August 4, 2021|
|Selection Results for AHS||July 25, 2021|
|Selection Results (AHS Diploma/M.Sc./MHS)||August 6, 2021|
|M.Sc. Nursing Registration||November 20, 2020 - March 9, 2021|
|PG Nursing CBT||May 12, 2021|
|CAT Exam||November 29, 2021|
CMC Vellore MBBS Admission Criteria 2021
The MBBS course is a 5.6 years course, within which a year of internship is included in the course. The total Intake capacity is 100 students, out of this 10 seats are reserved for the CMC staff quota, 16 seats are reserved for the open category and 74 seats are reserved for the minority community.
CMC Vellore MBBS Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must obtain 50% marks in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (or Botany or Zoology) with English.
- A valid score in NEET UG
CMC Vellore MBBS Selection Criteria
The candidates for the MBBS course are selected based on NEET-UG, which is conducted by the CBSE. All the applicants must apply to the Tamil Nadu Selection Committee for the counseling process. The shortlisted candidates are further called for the counseling process, in the Management Quota in Self Financing Medical Colleges.
CMC Vellore M. Tech Admission Criteria 2021
The college offers the two years full course M. Tech course with one specialization, which is Clinical Engineering.
CMC M.Tech Eligibility criteria
- The candidates must have a B. E or B. Tech degree in the relevant discipline
- The candidates must also have a valid score in the GATE examination.
CMC M.Tech Selection Criteria
The candidates are selected based on the score obtained by them in the GATE examination
CMC Vellore UG Programs Admission Criteria 2021
At the UG level, CMC Vellore offers full-time B.Sc. (Nursing), BPT, BPO, BOT, and various Allied Health Science courses. The duration of these UG courses varies from 3-4 years. The minimum qualification is that the candidates must pass the 10+2 examination with the science stream.
To be eligible for admission to the above-mentioned UG programs, the candidates must possess the following qualifications-
|B. Sc||Cardiac Technology, Operation Theatre, and Anaesthesia Technology, Neuro- Electro- Physiology, Accident and Emergency Care Technology, Cardiopulmonary Care Technology, Medical Sociology, Radiotherapy Technology, Radiology, and Imaging Technology, Nuclear Medicine Technology, Dialysis Technology, Critical Care, Respiratory Therapy, Medical Record Science|
|B. Sc Nursing||-|
|Diploma||Nursing, Radio-Diagnosis Technology, Urology Technology, Anesthesia technology, Hand and Leprosy Physiotherapy Technology, Optometry, Medical Laboratory Technology, Hospital Sterilisation Technology, Dermatology Laboratory Technology, Hospital Equipment Maintenance, Clinical Pathology|
CMC Vellore UG Programs Eligibility Criteria
- The aspirants of the UG courses must have passed their 10+2 level examination, with Physics, chemistry, and mathematics as the main subjects, with not less than 45% of aggregate marks
- Must have a valid score in NEET- UG/ CBT
CMC Vellore UG Programs Selection Criteria
The candidates of the UG courses are selected based on the performance of the candidates in the Computer Based Test (CBT) for the Diploma course, and NEET UG scores for the UG course. The shortlisted candidates are compelled to attain the special assessment test and interview.
CMC Vellore Medical PG Courses Admission Criteria 2021
CMC offers PG courses across various specializations. The details of the courses are mentioned below.
|Surgery||Breast Surgery, Colorectal Surgery, Head and Neck Surgery, Upper GI and Bariatric Surgery, Phlebology,|
|Rheumatology||Advanced Arthritis, Rheumatism, and Autoimmunity|
|Respiratory Medicine||Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology, Pulmonology|
|Radiology||Cardiovascular and thoracic Imaging, Cross-Sectional Imaging, Neuro, and Vascular Interventional Radiology, Pediatric Radiology|
|Psychiatry||Child and Adolescent Psychiatry|
|Plastic surgery||Cosmetic Surgery, Cranio-Maxillo Facial and Microsurgery|
|Pediatrics||Developmental Paediatrics, Pediatric Infection Diseases, Pediatric Intensive Care, Pediatric Nephrology, Pediatric Neonatology, Paediatric Emergency Medicine|
|Pathology||Cytogenetics, Laboratory Hematology, Haematopathology, Neuropathology|
|Orthopedics||Pediatrics Orthopaedics, Short Fellowship in Pediatric Orthopaedics, Spinal Disorders Surgery, Hand and Reconstructive Microsurgery|
|Neurosurgery||Neurosurgery Spine, Pediatric Neurosurgery, Skull Base Neurosurgery, Pediatrics Neurology,|
|Nephrology||Interventional Nephrology, Renal Transplantation|
|Medicine||Clinical Genetics, Emergency Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, Microbial Medicine, and Infection Care, Neurocritical Care|
|Hematology||Bone Marrow and Stem Cell Transplantation, Clinical Haematology, Molecular hematology|
|Gastrointestinal Science||Advanced Gastrointestinal Endoscopy|
|ENT||Rhinology, Laryngology and Phonosurgery, Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology, Implantation Otology, ENT- Head- Neck- Skull Base Surgery, Audio Vestibular Diseases|
|Endocrine Surgery||Endocrine Surgery|
|Dermatology||Pediatric Dermatology, Advanced Medical Dermatology, Dermatosurgery|
|Critical Care||Critical Care Medicine|
|Dental||Advanced Training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery|
|Cardiology||Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology|
|Anesthesia||Cardiac Anaesthesia, Neuro Anaesthesia, Advanced Clinical Anaesthesia, and Perioperative Medicine|
|M. Phil||Hospital and Health System Management|
|MPT||Physiotherapy in Orthopaedics|
|Fellowship in Nursing||Family Nurse Practice, Haematology Nursing, Respiratory Nursing, Pediatric Critical Care Nursing|
|Post Basic Diploma in Nursing||Critical Care, Emergency and Disaster, Neonatal, Neurology, Oncology, Operating Room, Psychiatric, Orthopedic and Rehabilitation, Geriatric, Renal, Burns|
|Post Basic Nursing||-|
|M. Sc in Nursing||Medical-Surgical Nursing, Pediatric Nursing, Obstetrics and Gynecological, Community Health Nursing, Psychiatric Nursing|
|PG Diploma||Family Medicine|
|M. Med||Family Medicine|
|PG Diploma||Histopathological Lab Technology, Medical Microbiology, Cardiac Technology, Cytogenetics, Genetics Diagnosis Technology, Assisted Reproductive Technology, Community Health Management, Hospital Administration Technology, Community Health Management, Hospital Administration, Health Economics Policy and Financial Management, Clinical Pastoral Counseling, Dietetics|
|MS||Otorhinolaryngology, General Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics|
|MD||Emergency Medicine, Transfusion Medicine, Respiratory Medicine, Radiotherapy, Radiodiagnosis, Psychiatry, Physical Medicine and Rehab, Physiology, Pharmacology, Pathology, Pediatrics, Nuclear Medicine, Microbiology, General Medicine, Family Medicine, Dermatology Venereology and Leprosy, Community Medicine, Biochemistry, Anatomy, Anaesthesiology|
CMC Vellore PG Eligibility Criteria
The general eligibility for the PG course is that the candidates must pass the Graduation Degree in the relevant discipline to be eligible for the PG course, and he/ she must have a valid score in the NEET PG examination for PG courses, and CBT for Diploma courses.
The course-wise eligibility for the courses are given below:
- For MD, MS, M. Ch, Diploma, the candidates must have qualifies for the MBBS Degree/ Postgraduate diploma pass certificate Completing Rotating Residential Internship and Obtained full registration, must also qualify the NEET- PG
- For DM/ M. Ch, the candidates must pass in MS/MD/ DNB in the General Medicine/ Paediatrics
- For M. Phil, the candidates must be a professional of the healthcare industry with an MBBS degree or Integrated degree of BITS with one-year post qualification work experience.
- For MPH, MHA, the candidates must qualify MBBS, BDS, BVSc, BSc, Nursing, BPT, BOT, Post Graduation in statistics
- For PG Diploma, the candidates must get 50% marks in B. Sc in the relevant discipline.
- For Diploma, the candidates must pass their 10+2 examination with science stream
- For M. Ed, PGDG, the candidates must pass the MBBS degree and must hold a fellowship
- For DFID, the candidates with MD/ DNB in General Medicine/ Family Medicine/ Internal Medicine
- For M. Sc in Nursing, the candidates must pass the B. Sc Nursing or Honours with 55% of aggregate marks
- For Post Basic B. Sc Nursing and Post Basic Diploma in Nursing, the candidates must have passed the Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery course or other UG courses in Nursing
- For Fellowship in Nursing, the candidates must qualify the B. Sc in Nursing/ Post Basic B. Sc in Nursing
- For M. S, the candidates should have the UG in Engineering, Electrical Electronic, Mechanical, Computer Science or equivalent, Must also Qualify GATE
- For MPT, the candidates must pass the BPT Degree.
- For Anaesthesia, the candidates must be an MD or a DNB in Anaesthesia
- For Cardiology, The candidates must pass DM/ DNB Cardiology
- For Dental, the candidates are required to have MDS
- For Critical care, Dermatology, Endocrinology, Endocrine surgery, ENT, Gastrointestinal Science, Hematology, Hepatology, Medicine, Nephrology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Obstetrics, and Gynaecology, Orthopedics, Pathology, Pediatrics, Plastics Surgery, Psychiatry, Radiology, Respiratory Medicine Rheumatology, and Surgery the candidate must have passed MD/ DNB in the respective discipline
CMC Vellore PG Selection Criteria
The candidates for the courses of CMC Vellore are selected based on the aggregate performance of the NEET-PG / Computer Based Test score, the interview, and the admission test conducted by the College.
CMC Vellore Application Process
The candidates willing to apply to the CMC Vellore must register Online. they can follow the below steps while registering Online
- Visit the Official Website of the College
- Then register yourself with correct details
- Pay the administrative fee along with the course-wise registration fee Online through Debit Card/ Net banking/ Credit Card
- Then sent the printout of the filled application form to the below address:
The Office of Registrar
CMC, Vellore- 632002
- Marksheet of Class X, XII, and graduation
- NEET scorecard
- Identity Proof
- Caste Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Passport-sized photograph
CMC Vellore FAQs
Ques. Is there any Stipend given to the PG students of the CMC Vellore?
Ans. The Post-graduation students are offered INR 25000 as a stipend. Other than this, the students from the Backward classes are offered scholarships so that they can pursue their higher studies.
Ques. What is the course-wise registration fee for the course?
Ans. The applicants must pay the application fee of INR 800 along with the course-wise registration fee. The below-given chart shows the course-wise registration fee
|Course Name||Registration Fee (INR)|
|MBBS/B. Sc (Nursing) & Allied Health Science (AHS) Courses||500|
|M.Sc. (Nursing)/Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing/ Fellowship in Nursing||750|
|Diploma (Nursing) & Diploma (AHS)||100|
|Post Basic Diploma in Nursing||400|
|MPH/ M. Sc||500|
Ques. Is NEET Compulsory for CMC Vellore admission?
Ans. The candidates must appear for the NEET examination, to get admission to the CMC Vellore. In Addition to the NEET examination, they are required to sit for the aptitude test for the shortlisted candidates and Personal Interview rounds for some courses.
Ques. What are the entrance exams accepted for admission in CMC?
Ans. The UG students must apparat for the NEET examination, the Diploma candidates must sit for the Computer Based Test. And the PG students must sit for the NEET PG examination. The college conducts aptitude test for the shortlisted candidates and personal interview for some courses
Ques. What is the range of the fees of the courses offered in CMC Vellore?
Ans. The range of the annual fees lies between INR 20,000- 45,000. The table showing the details of the annual fee for each course is given below
|MBBS||INR 48,330 (1st Year Fees)|
|B.Sc||INR 23,280 (1st Year Fees)|
|B.P.T||INR 22,130 (1st Year Fees)|
|BOT||INR 22,630 (1st Year Fees)|
|B.Optom||INR 23,255 (1st Year Fees)|
|BASLP||INR 23,255 (1st Year Fees)|
|BPO||INR 23,255 (1st Year Fees)|