Gyatri Vidya Parishad College of Engineering or the GVP college of Engineering, Visakhapatnam established in the year 1996 is one of the top private engineering colleges in South India. The college is affiliated to the JNT University, Kakinda but holds an autonomous status by the University Grant Commission.
GVP College of Engineering is NAAC ‘A’ accredited, the institute has partnered with Government of Andhra Pradesh and government of Germany (GTZ) in establishing and managing the Indo-German Institute of Advanced Technology, Visakhapatnam since 2005.
The college tends to provide several courses across two streams of Engineering and IT& Software, admissions to these courses are conducted through exams like AP EAMCET, ICET and GATE. In addition to these, the college also offers degree programs in basic sciences and humanities.
The prominent programs of B.E. & B.tech was ranked 188th by NIRF in 2020, and 7th best among NIRF raked colleges in Andhra Pradesh in 2020. The AP EAMCET cutoff for B.tech in Computer Science& Engineering in the year 2019 was 7300(by rank, similarly for the year 2018 was 101205. A candidate with PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Math’s) at intermediate level is eligible to apply for admission to the 4 year UG engineering programme.
GVP College, Visakhapatnam: Key Points
- Gyatri Vidya Parishad College of Engineering is among best private colleges of Engineering in South India.
- The institute is Ranked 188th rank by NIRF among its 2020 colleges ranking and 7th best in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- The most prominent streams offered are engineering and IT across 30 courses.
- The institute is affiliate to Jawaharlal Technical University, Hyderabad, but holds the status of autonomous.
- There are several separate department of studies like Department of Chemical Engineering, Department of Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering and many more.
- The placements at the college are outstanding around 300+ students are placed every year.
- Highest placement in the last placement drive was 77.5 Lakhs- PA and the average salary was around 8 Lakhs.
GVP College, Visakhapatnam: Ranking
- The institute is NAAC ‘A’ accredited.
- Gyatri Vidya Parishad College of Engineering was ranked 188th among the top colleges ranking of NIRF in the year 2020.
- The institute’s B.tech programme has been ranked 7th position among the top colleges of Andhra Pradesh.
- The college is AICTE approved and recognized by University Grant Commission.
GVP College, Visakhapatnam: Courses and Fees
|Program||Program Details||Selection Basis|
|B.tech- Bachelor of Technology||
|B.tech- Bachelor of Technology (part- time/ Lateral)||
|M.tech- Master of Technology||
||Candidate is required to Qualify the AP PGECET-Andhra University, Visakhapatnam conducts Andhra Pradesh Postgraduate Engineering Common Entrance Test Conducted by the APSCHE.|
|MCA- Master of Computer Applications||
||Qualification in the state level: APICET-Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test|
GVP College,Visakhapatnam: Cut Offs
|Specializations||Cut- Off Rank|
|B.tech.- Computer Science||77758||9045||62393||77765-105336||-|
|B.tech in Electronics and Computer Engineering||27234||12203||31575-30776||120749-76701||60587|
|B.tech in Civil Engineering||79310||-||79310-112220||119374-60680||-|
|AP EAMCET||7300 By-rank||-||-||-||-|
|B.tech- Chemical Engineering||27998||91855||131276-103031||-||35573|
GVP College, Visakhapatnam: Placements
Gyatri Vidya Parishad College of Engineering offers excellent placement unit, the placement cell owes to organize placement drive in the campus every year, around 30+ Tech Giants and MNCs participate in the placement drive.
The major points of the Gyatri Vidya Parishad Campus placements are as follows:
- Around 450+ offers were extended by the top recruiter towards the job seekers.
- A maximum of 3% students were offered direct placements.
- Around 405 offers aroused in the C.S.E programme with a maximum pay package off 1,900,000/- PA.
- Among 1039 eligible candidates 593 were offered direct placement at the drive.
- Among the total intakes 1317 were from B.Tech and 1467 were from were from MCA or M.tech.
Many reputed companies visited the camous and attracted the best talents. Some of the major platforms offering the best placement opportunities are as follows:
|TATA Consultancy Services||RIKTAM||NINELEAPS Technology||INFOSYS|
|COMMVAULT||Phenom People||SOPRA||HEXAWARE Technologies|
|NCR||MU Sigma||Cognizant||WNS Global Services|
GVP College, Visakhapatnam: Scholarships
- The institute offers several benefits of Loan and Scholarships to the eligible and meritorious students, promoting easy procurement of knowledge to each and every aspirant seeking admission to the college.
- The institute promotes several government scholarships and central govt. scholarships too.
- MHRD scholarship- this scholarship is provided by the Ministry of Human Resource Development to the meritorious who obtained a very good grade at their intermediate level.
- The college provide total fee reimbursement to the students who have scored rank less than or equal to 12000 and are ward of non- government employee.
- Janabhumi, Post-Matric Scholarship, Andhra Pradesh – Key Eligibility
- They must belong to SC, ST, BC, Kapu, Minorities, EBC and Differently-abled communities. For students coming from SC/ST/Differently-abled communities, the annual family income ceiling is INR 2 Lakhs.
- Reimbursement- This facility is available to the students of the SC/ST category who come under the e-pass provided by the Andhra Pradesh, for such candidate the total fee is reimbursed (excluding the hostel fee).
- Students who belong to the categories of SC,ST whose annual parental income is Rs. Two Lakhs or below and BC,EBC,Disabled Welfare Students whose parental income is RS. One lakh or below.
- Students whose attendance is 75% at the end of each quarter.
GVP College, Visakhapatnam: FAQs
Q. How is the IT at Gyatri Vidya Parishad as per placements and education?
Ans: The institute offers a bias free placement to its students, I.T. somewhat shares common prospectus with C.S.E the IT stream offers excellent placement, each streams has its own different faculty so every section is prioritized . Check the link to get the detailed information for the placement.
Q. How is ECE at Gyatri Vidya Parishad, Andhra Pradesh?
Ans: Electronics and communication engineering is a profound course at Gyatri Vidya Parishad, Andhra Pradesh, the faculty is excellent and tends to provide globalized education in the relevant stream, also it holds an excellent placement record for the College.
Q. How are the hostel facilities for girls in Gyatri Vidya Parishad College of Engineering?
Ans: The hostel accommodation facility at the campus is very good, the mess provides pure vegetarian food, it is well equipped with Wifi and offers 24*7 security facility too.
Q. How is the infrastructure at Gyatri Vidya Parishad College of Engineering?
Ans: The college provide excellent infrastructural facilities-
- There are separate hostels for boys and girls.
- The hostel fee is INR 60,000/- only per year at Gyatri Vidya Parishad College of Engineering, [GVPCE] Vishakhapatnam- which is to be paid monthly.
- All other facilities like Classrooms, labs, libraries are good. All the students are provided with Wi-fi access during the daytime.
- The hostel provides a well-equipped library to its students which are accessible anytime.
Q. What is the fee for IT at Gyatri Vidya Parishad, Hyderabad?
Ans: The Fee at Gyatri Vidya Parishad College of Engineering at Hyderabad is almost very less compared to prominent colleges at Hyderabad the fee for B.Tech in information technology is 4,34,200/- for 4 years.