Gudlavalleru Engineering College or GEC Krishna is one of the renowned private Engineering Colleges of Andhra Pradesh and is situated at Krishna and was established in 1998. GEC Krishna has a total intake of 180 students which is now extended currently to – 1200 students in courses UG BTech, 186 students in P.G B.Tech as well as in MBA. Gudlavalleru Engineering College is affiliated to NAAC with ‘A’ Grade and also AICTE approved. The college is an autonomous institute (by UGC, New Delhi) since the academic year 2014-15 with permanent affiliation to JNTUK, Kakinada.
Gudlavalleru Engineering College has recently introduced new popular courses from the year 2020-21 onwards in BTech – Artificial Intelligence and Data Science and Internet of Things (IoT).
Gudlavalleru Engineering College offers admission to undergraduate, postgraduate programs through EAMCET which is organised by Andhra Pradesh State Council Higher Education with the help of Andhra Pradesh Govt. or ICET, CET or by the College itself. Basic eligibility along with the score of the entrance exam is required for admission to Gudlavalleru Engineering College.
There is a 5% relaxation provided for the reserved categories. The college offers excellent management courses for students; well-built infrastructure, consist of well-equipped labs, highly hygienic cafeterias, availability of 24 hrs medical centre, Central Library, Seminar hall, Wi-Fi facility, transportation and many other facilities.
Gudlavalleru Engineering College Key Points
- The College is provided with the AAA’ Grade by careers 360 in April, 2019.
- The College has received the “Partner in Growth “awardee. And ISTE Award (Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan National Award) in 2019, is the best Engineering college with the best performance in 2019
- The College has collaborations with top companies like CISCO, Infosys, Microsoft, IBM, Oracle etc.
- The College placements for the year 2019-20: 591 total placements took place.
- For the year placement of 2021, the highest CTC offered is 7 LPA by TCS- Codevita. Approx. 273 students were placed at various recruiting companies.
Gudlavalleru Engineering College Rankings
- The College has ranked 6th best Engineering College in the state of Andhra Pradesh and 31st within All India Top Engineering Colleges of Excellence by the Competition Success Review – GHRDC July 2019
- Ranked within 140 Top Engineering Colleges of India by Time Engineering Institute rankings 2019.
- Ranked within 100 Top Engineering Colleges of India in July 2018 – by Silicon India
Gudlavalleru Engineering College Courses & Fees
Gudlavalleru Engineering College offers 12 specializations in specializations under BTech, MTech and MBA courses. The courses are mentioned in the detailed table below:
|PROGRAM||PROGRAM DETAILS||SELECTION BASIS|
||AP EAMCET/ JEE Main|
||AP PGECET/ GATE|
Gudlavalleru Engineering College Cut-offs
JEE Main 2020 Cutoffs is given below:
|Common Rank List||90.3765|
|Economically Weaker Sections||70.2435|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC-NCL)||72.8887|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||50.1760|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||39.0696|
|People with Disability||0.0618|
AP EAMCET Cutoffs 2018
Gudlavalleru Engineering College Placements
The package offered in the placement cell for the batch of 2021 is:
|Highest CTC||7 LPA|
|Lowest CTC||1.8 LPA|
|Students accepted from 13 top companies||273|
The total placement took place in GEC for the other sessions are:
Various top and reputed recruiters visit the Gudlavalleru engineering college for placement purpose. For the year 2021, 13 companies visited GEC in the placement cell offering the best opportunities to the student. Some of them are:
|Sundaram Fasteners Ltd (TVS)||APTORID||Hexaware Technologies|
|Virtusa||CTS- Genc Next||TCS – Ninja|
The table shows the number of students placed company-wisealong with their package
|NAME OF THE COMPANY||PACKAGE (IN LPA)||TOTAL STUDENTS PLACED|
|TCS – Ninja||73||3.4|
|CTS – Genc Next||4||7.0|
Other top-notch recruiters of GEC Krishna are Bosch Ltd, Chi, Capgemini, IBM, Amazon, Reliance Communications, Sonata Software, TATA Consultancy Services, Tech Mahindra, TVS Electronics, L&W Constructions, ATOS- SYNTEL and many more.
GEC Krishna Scholarships
Scholarship facilities provided by GEC for the students:
- Gudlavalleru Engineering College offers scholarships to students to economically poor students.
- The college provides an amount of INR 10.000 to the merit students each from each branch in each year
- All students scoring a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate are eligible for the scholarship
- The EAMCET ranks hold eligibility for a candidate to get a scholarship in the first year
- Students from the minor category get full fee reimbursement under the sports quota.
Gudlavalleru Engineering College FAQs
Ques. Are there any relaxations for reserved categories at GEC Krishna?
Ans. Gudlavalleru Engineering College gives a 5% relaxation in marks during admission to the reserved categories. Students from these categories can also get scholarships based on their merit.
Ques. What is the review of GEC Krishna?
Ans. Gudlavalleru Engineering College is considered to be one of the top 5 colleges in Andhra Pradesh. The college is well known for its undergraduates and postgraduate courses. The faculty is well educated and well experienced in their relevant fields and are known to be friendly and helpful. The placement wing is good as per the records of the last few years. According to 2020- 591+ students were placed into reputed companies. Scholarship facilities are provided by the college to the backward and reserved categories. The entire campus is Wi-Fi enabled and other amenities are also available for students. Various Sports facilities are there like Cricket, Badminton, tennis, Football, etc.
Ques. What is the criterion of BTech lateral admission at GEC Krishna?
Ans. In Gudlavalleru Engineering College, in BTech Lateral entry which is based on ECET exam rank. An additional 20% of candidates are given admission in Diploma and BSc streams.
Ques. Does BTech require any kind of previous experience for admissions to GEC Krishna?
Ans. Gudlavalleru Engineering College requires no previous experience to take admission in a BTech course. Candidates can take admission based on their merit in 10+2 examinations with at least 45% marks. 70% of the seat intake in BTech is based on EAMCET Examination. The rest of the 30% is based on the intake through online- admission by the AP government.
Ques. What are the reservations set for NRI students at GEC Krishna?
Ans. GEC Krishna has set 5% reservations for the NRI students. The students are required to have 50% or its equivalent to be eligible for the courses at GEC Krishna.