Hindustan College of Engineering also known as Hindustan College of Engineering and Science is a private deemed to be a university with its headquarter in Chennai. The college is a member of the Hindustan group of institutions and accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ Grade. Hindustan College of Engineering was given ‘university status from the academic year 2008-09 by University Grants Commission (UGC) Act, 1953.
The college is known for its highly qualified and experienced faculty and excellent infrastructural facilities. The college is accredited by the NBA for Aeronautical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Automobile Engineering. The institution has 10 research centers and 7 Schools (Aeronautical, Building, Electrical, Management, Mechanical, Science and Humanities).
Chancellor: Elizabeth Verghese
Founder: Dr. K.C.G Verghese
Type: Private and Deemed University
HCE Kollam Rankings
- Ranked 107th among Engineering Colleges in 2020 by NIRF.
- Ranked 20th among architectural colleges.
- Awarded category 2nd in All India Rankings by MHRD.
- Approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
- Awarded with ‘QS E-learning Excellence for Academic Digitisation’ (LEAD) certificate in 2020.
- Outlook: 5th best college in Chennai, 2020.
- Times: 3rd best college in Chennai, 2020.
- 5th best among The Week ranked colleges in Chennai, 2020.
HCE Kollam Key Points
- The architectural programs offered by the college are duly approved by the Council of Architecture, an autonomous statutory body of the Government of India.
- The college is a Member of the Association of BRICS Business Schools.
- The college offers courses in collaboration with various industries like IBM, Volkswagen and ITMR.
HCE Kollam Courses and Fees
The institute offers several courses at Undergraduate and postgraduate level across various streams such as Engineering, Law, Management, Arts, Humanities, Science etc.
|BTech||Aeronautical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering (avionics), Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Comp. Sci&Eng (AI and ML), Data Science, Information Technology, Info Tech. Cyber Security, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Electronics and Chemical Engineering,||
|BSc||Avionics, Aircraft Maintenance Engineering, Automobile Maintenance, Visual Communication, Fashion Design, Food Technology, Physical Education + Health Edu & Sports Allied Health Sciences- Cardiovascular Tech., Perfusion Tech., Anesthesia Tech., Physician Assistant, Food Science Nutrition and Dietetics, Bachelor of Physiotherapy and Bachelor of Optometry.||
||1.68L – 2.63L|
|BBA||Engineering Management, Automobile Management, Business Administration, Banking and Finance, Aviation Management, Hospital and Healthcare, Logistics,||
||2.58L – 4.08L|
|BCA||(Specializations) Computer Applications, Database System, Multimedia and Animation, Cyber Security Integrated with HTC ICMR||
|B.Des||Communication Design, Interior Design, Fashion, and Apparel Design||
|B.A||Economics, English, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, (triple major – Psychology, Eco and Pol Science) and (Triple major – Law, Eco, and Pol Science).||
|BMS||Aviation Services and Air Cargo||
|BCom||Banking Management, BCom (Internship Embedded Program)||
|Diploma in||Optometry, Medical Laboratory Tech., Geriatric care and Management, General Duty Assistant, and Language and Speech therapy.||1.25L|
|LAW||B.B.A LLB (hons), B.A LLB (hons), LLB, LLM||
||LLB- 5.40L B.A,LLB and B.B.A LLB – 10.74L|
For the Postgraduate programs
|MTech||Aeronautical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Technology, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering||
|MCA||Big Data Analytics, Data Science||
|MBA (Available in distance learning)||(Specializations) Finance, Marketing, Human Resource etc||
||4.58L – 5.68L|
|M.Arch||(Executive) and (Housing Executive)||
|MSc||User Experience Design, Chemistry||
|M.A||English Language and Literature||
For the PhD programs
|PhD||Engineering, Humanities and Sciences, Architecture Planning and Design, Management and LAW||eligibility criteria: Should have passed postgraduate degree in the related branches of study with minimum 55% marks/ CGPA 6.1||1L – 2.18L|
- Students seeking admission for undergraduate programs in Hindustan College Of Engineering and Science have to register themselves for the entrance exam (HITSEE) conducted every year in various cities across India.
- The exam duration is of 2 hours in which 120 questions are asked from Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
- Based on the entrance exam score and qualifying exam, a rank list is prepared.
HCE Kollam Cut-offs
Hindustan College of Engineering and Science releases rank list and Cut-off to enroll students in several courses.
- TANCET MBA: 16.03 ( 2020, General category)
- The total Cut-off was 70%.
HCE Kollam Placements
The students of the college receive placement offers from leading companies in India and abroad. It has international mobility programs including one semester abroad program, students/ faculty exchanges and higher studies. The placement office of the University offers students to attend Campus interviews, In-plant training and prepare its students for Aptitude tests, Group discussions and interviews.
- In the academic year of 2018-19, the University recorded 78.75% of placement with 77 companies visiting the campus for recruitment.
- Top companies visiting the placement drive of HITs are Infosys, Amazon,IBM, DBS, Juspay, IndiGo, HCL, Accenture etc.
- Highest salary package offered: 10 LPA
- Average Salary Package for BTech: 2.4 LPA
- Average Salary Package for MBA: 3 LPA
HCE Kollam Scholarships
The Institute offers Scholarships to financially weak and meritorious students. In the times of Covid pandemic, the college has offered various scholarships to the students who meet the basic laid down norms such as marks in qualifying exams, etc.
- Covid Martyrs Scholarship: Under this scheme, wars of Covid Martyrs, who have lost their lives during the Covid pandemic will be given a complete tuition fee waiver in the discipline of their choice. All the additional expenses will be taken care of by the college and a monthly stipend to be provided during the course.
- Covid Frontline Warrior Scholarship: For the wards of Doctors, Healthcare professionals, Government and Service Personnel who have participated during the Covid19 pandemic. The Scholarship covers a period of 2 years across all courses.
- Dr. K.C.G Verghese Merit Cum Means Scholarship: Provided to the students who are top scorers in plus two from any school/ board/ subject/ class topper at HITS/ Batch topper/ and UG rank holder and prize holders are awarded Scholarship to pursue further studies at HITS. Also available to financially weak students to meet their educational needs
- Dr. Elizabeth Verghese Founder Chancellor Scholarship: Provided to girls with academic potential and belong to lower-income families.
- Hindustan Loyalty Scholarship: Scholarship to the children of alumni, immediate family members of the alumni, Alumni for Higher Studies, Children of the staff of HGI.
- Sports Scholarship: Provided to the students who have performed and achieved accolades at the National, State and Inter-University levels.
- Research Fellowship: Fellowship is available for full time Research Scholars registered for M.S by Research, M.Phil, and PhD.
HCE Kollam FAQs
Ques. What is the admission procedure for PhD in Hindustan College of Engineering and Science?
Ans. Candidates can apply at the official website of the college by registering and filling in the required details along with the application fee. Students seeking admission to Ph.D. programs must have passed their Postgraduate Degree Examination in the related branches of study with a minimum of 55% marks. The University strictly follows the eligibility criteria of the UGC norms. For the Ph.D. programme, students will be admitted as Full-Time scholars, Part-Time Internal and Part-Time External.
Ques. How much is the application fee for the Hindustan College of Engineering?
Ans. To apply for the Ph.D. programs, Hindustan College of Engineering and Science asks students to draw a demand draft of Rs.1000/- and for the rest of the courses, Rs.925 is charged along with other banking charges for HITSEE through online mode.
Ques. Does the Hindustan College of Engineering and Science provide Hostel facilities?
Ans. Yes, the institution has separate hostels for both Boys and Girls. The institution has a total of 7 hostels offering a variety of services like security, communication, dispensary facilities, etc.
Ques. Which exam score does Hindustan College of Engineering accept for MBA?
Ans. The college offers various specializations in MBA and accepts CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT scores for applicants seeking admission in MBA programs.
Ques. What are the courses offered by Hindustan College of Engineering in distance learning?
Ans. The college offers MCA, PGD, and MBA under four specializations namely Finance, Marketing Human Resource and Business Analytics. Admission to these courses is done on a merit basis and a person with a bachelor’s degree in the relevant stream is eligible to apply.