Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology (MAIT), was established in the year 1999 and developed by the maharaja Agrasen technical education society. MAIT is a private institute for technical studies offering a Bachelor of Technology (B.tech) in eight specializations and full-time Masters in Business Administration (MBA). The institute has been ranked several times in top institutes for technical studies. Dataquest T-school survey ranked MAIT at 10th place among the best engineering colleges in India. The fee varies from 2 LPA to 5 LPA. The students get placement opportunities with the average package of INR 3-4 LPA to the highest INR 50 LPA with the major recruiters such as TCS, Amazon, Cognizant, Accenture, Wipro, Infosys, etc. The admission to the courses at the institute is based on the entrance exam.
MAIT: Quick Facts
- MAIT is a private institute for technical studies, accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA), approved by AICTE, and affiliated with Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University.
- MAIT consists of three departments: Engineering, Sciences, and Management.
- MAIT campus is composed of ten blocks providing facilities such as Library, Auditorium, Canteen, Gym, Bank, Hostel, Medical Centre, Bank, and Sports Facilities, etc.
- MAIT is popular for its B.Tech program which is offered in 8 specializations, in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Information Technology, etc.
- The fee for various courses at MAIT ranges between INR 2 to INR 5 Lacs.
- Institute has a good record of placement with around 80% of placements, with the average package ranges between INR 3-4 LPA and the highest package up to INR 50 LPA. For batch 2021, 42 students have been placed between INR 40 – 50 LPA.
- Hostel facility provides AC and non-AC accommodation and fees range between INR 1.3 Lacs and 1.98 Lacs, including mess charges.
MAIT has always been one of the top engineering institutes in India. It has been placed at the 8th spot by Dataquest CMR in private technical schools.
The following table shows its ranking by different agencies:
|2020||Dataquest CMR||Private tech schools||#8|
|2020||Dataquest CMR||Govt. & Private tech schools (overall)||#17|
MAIT: Courses & Fee
MAIT offers 10 courses across 2 streams. The details of various courses offered at the institute are as follow:
|Courses||Courses Details||Selection criteria|
||JEE Main/ IPU CET score|
||A valid CAT/CSAT/IPU CET Score|
MAIT MBA Cutoff for General category is 208. The information regarding the JEE Mains cut-off rank is provided in the following table:
|B.Tech Course||Cut-off Rank|
|Computer Science Technology||24467||---||---||---||---|
|Mechanical & Automation Engineering||72177||308451||---||72177||72177|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||45459||213505||586748||45459||631829|
|Electricals & Electronics Engineering||59907||246743||603831||59907||59907|
|Computer Science Engineering||32747||142878||376315||24467||683512|
|Computer Science & Technology||48137||220169||---||48137||48137|
|Information Technology & Engineering||53824||220244||---||53824||53824|
MAIT has established a placement cell dedicated to catering to various placement activities and preparing students to crack the placement procedure. It has a good placement record of around 80% of campus placement. The highest package for the year 2021 goes up to INR 50 LPA.
Placement Highlights 2021
- A total of 1033 offers have been received
- 750 students registered with the career development cell
- 42 students placed with the package between INR 20 LPA - INR 50 LPA
- 45 students placed with the package between INR 10 LPA - INR 20 LPA
|Average package||INR 3-4 LPA|
|Highest package||INR 40-50 LPA|
The Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology awards scholarships to meritorious students. Students can avail scholarships under the various central government, UGC, state schemes.
Students can also avail of education loans under the scheme “Vidya Lakshmi” to finance their studies. Easy loans are provided to needy students. It was developed under the Department of Financial Services (Ministry of Finance), Department of Higher Education (Ministry of Education), and Indian Banks Association (IBA).
Ques. MAIT degrees are affiliated to which University?
Ans. MAIT is affiliated with Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, so the degrees are issued by the university.
Ques. What is the admission process at MAIT?
Ans. Applications are invited online for admission to the courses and admission is based on the entrance exam.
Ques. Which entrance exams are accepted at MAIT?
Ans. For B.Tech: JEE Mains/IPU CET
For MBA: IPU CET/CAT/CMAT
Ques. How is the faculty at MAIT?
Ans. MAIT has well-qualified and experienced faculty which is more than 200. MAIT has more than 18 professors, 200+ assistant professors, and more than 15 associate professors.
Ques. Is hostel compulsory at MAIT?
Ans. No, the hostel facility is not compulsory for students. Hostel facility is provided to needy students to accommodate their accommodation needs. It depends upon your requirements.