Saveetha Engineering College established in 2005, is a leading engineering institute affiliated to Saveetha Institute of Management and Technical Sciences. The institute is accredited with NAAC ‘A’ grade. Currently, SEC Chennai offers B.Tech and B.E at the UG level and M.Tech at the PG level. In addition, it offers PhD at the Research level. The college also offers Lateral Entry into BE and B.Tech. Admissions to all the courses are either merit or entrance-based.
Saveetha Engineering College Highlights
|Established I Institute Type||2001 I Private|
|Affiliated To||Anna University, Chennai|
|Accredited By||NAAC with A Grade|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG and PhD|
|Admission Criteria||Merit & Entrance-based|
|Entrance Exam||TANCET/ CET/ GATE/ MAT / CAT/ XAT/ GMAT/ UGC-NET/JRF|
|Application Mode||Online or Offline|
|Top Recruiters||Capgemini, Sutherland, IBM, Infosys, TCS, IDBI Bank, BYJU’s, Mindtree, ZOHO, Karvy|
|Facilities Available||Computing Center, Hostels, Transport, Wifi|
Saveetha Engineering College Courses
|B.Tech (Lateral Entry)||
|B.E (Lateral Entry)||
Saveetha Engineering College Admission
Admission into UG courses like B.E, B.Tech and Lateral Entry are based on merit. Candidates will have to apply for TNEA counselling conducted by Anna University.
Selection for M.E is based on TANCET / CET / GATE exams while admission to MBA is based on MAT / TANCET / CET/ CAT/ XAT/ GMAT exams.
PhD admission is done on the basis of UGC NET/ JRF followed by an interview round.
How to Apply?
Admission procedure for SEC is available in both online and offline mode. To apply, follow the steps below:
- Candidates must visit the college to acquire the form
- An Admission counsellor will help candidates with the procedure
- Next, fill the application form with the correct details
- After filling the form, pay the application fees
- Lastly, submit the form
- Visit the official college website and click on ‘Apply Now’
- Next, register yourself by providing basic details
- Upon successful registration, login and fill the application form with the required details
- Lastly, pay the application fee
- 10th & 12th marksheets and certificates
- Graduation marksheet and certificate
- Passport size photograph
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
Saveetha Engineering College Scholarships
Saveetha Engineering College (SEC) has various scholarship facilities for its students. Every year it awards Rs. 1 Crore worth of scholarships to meritorious students and students who have excelled in sports. Students can also avail government scholarships.
- Saveetha Engineering Entrance Test (SEET): It conducts an online entrance examination for B.Tech/B.E scholarships called Saveetha Engineering Entrance Test (SEET).
- Post- Matric Scholarships for SC/ST/OBC students: Eligible students must have obtained minimum 50% marks in the previous final examination and whose parent’s annual income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2 lakhs.
Saveetha Engineering College Placement
SEC has a Training & Placement cell which yearly conducts on-campus placements. In the academic year 2020-2021, it held virtual placements in which several well-known companies participated. The highest CTC was 7 LPA which was offered by TCS. The top recruiters were Accenture, Cognizant, Capgemini, Delphi-TVS Technologies and many more.
Saveetha Engineering College Facilities
Saveetha Engineering College, Chennai offers various facilities to students, such as:
- Hostel: The institution offers hostel facilities to the students and has separate hostels for girls and boys. Students can get the services of Wi-Fi networks, indoor games, TV rooms, etc.
- Computing Centre: The institute has a Computing Center with 1200 desktops with internet access and 60 printers.
- Wifi: The entire campus is wifi enabled.
- Transportation: The institute offers bus services to the students, staff, and faculty for their transportation from different parts of the city.
Saveetha Engineering College Faculties
SEC has a total of 354 faculties that are qualified and experienced. Most of the faculty members are PhD holders which demonstrates that they are highly skilled in their respective fields and can guide the students well. The faculties hold the following positions:
- Assistant Professor: 226
- Associate Professor: 52
- Lecturer: 1
Saveetha Engineering College FAQs
Ques. How is the infrastructure at Saveetha Engineering College?
Ans. Saveetha Engineering College is equipped with modern infrastructure such as AC classrooms with the latest teaching aids, Wifi enabled campus, and access to e-resources.
Ques. Does SEC Chennai offer hostel facilities?
Ans. Yes, the college has two separate hostels for both boys and girls which has the capacity to accommodate 500 students each. The hostels have facilities such as a gym, indoor games, wifi connectivity and mess.
Ques. What is the intake for M.E at SEC?
Ans. The M.E intake is given below:
|Computer Science & Engineering||36|
|CAD & CAM||18|
|Communication & Networking||18|
Ques. Who are the frequent recruiters at SEC?
Ans. The frequent recruiters at Saveetha Engineering College are Capgemini, Wipro, IBM, Mindtree, Mphasis, Kaar, SECO, Path Front and many others.
Ques. Are there any extracurricular activities conducted at Saveetha Engineering College?
Ans. Yes, the institute conducts various extracurricular activities such as sporting and cultural events where students have the opportunity to showcase their talents.
Ques. How is the faculty of the Saveetha Engineering College?
Ans. Saveetha Engineering College has brilliant faculty that consists of 354 professors. Out of these, 200 faculties are PhD qualified and 51 are pursuing a doctorate.