The Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business Management (IISWBM) was the first business school in India to provide an MBA degree, having opened its doors in 1953. It is affiliated with the University of Calcutta and is based in Kolkata.
The institute offers 15 different programmes in four different streams. The AICTE has recognised the institute, and it is connected with the University of Calcutta. IISWBM in Kolkata accepts students for postgraduate, PGDM, and research programmes.
- Admission to MRM depends upon the CAT/MAT score.
- Candidates can apply for admission to the PGDM-Sports Management programme by taking a written exam.
- Admission to the PGDM-Fire Safety Management and Media Management at IISWBM is based on academic results.
- Admission to the PGDM-Supply Chain and Logistics Management and the Executive PGDM is based on academic achievement and work experience.
- A valid score in the CAT/MAT/CMAT/ATMA/Entrance Institute’s Test is required for PGDM-Business Analytics admission, whereas the Institute’s Entrance Exam is required for Executive PGDM-Business Analytics admission.
- The Written Test is used to determine admission to M.Phil and MSW programmes.
- CAT scores are required for MBA (Day) admission, while MAT/CMAT/JEMAT scores are required for MBA (Evening) admission.
- The institute admits students to MBA-PS programmes based on their CAT/XAT/MAT/CMAT/JEMAT/GATE/ATMA scores.
- For the final selection of students, the IISWBM in Kolkata conducts GD and PI rounds.
- The MBA Evening Program application form is available both online and offline. Fee for application form: INR 900/-
The list of Selected Candidates for MBA (Day) Admission has been published by IISWBM. Candidates who have been chosen must enrol right away.
MBA (Eve) Admission 2021 is now accepting applications at IISWBM. The deadline for applications is May 31, 2021. To apply, qualified candidates should go to the official website. For the academic year 2021, the Indian Institute of Social Welfare & Business Management (IISWBM) in Kolkata has begun accepting applications for admission to its two-year PG programme in Social Welfare (MSW). Interested candidates can apply by June 16, 2021, via the official website.
IISWBM Kolkata Important Dates
|Last Date of Application Forms||June 16, 2021|
|Shortlisting Students for WT, GD, PI||June 23, 2021|
|WT, GD and PI||June 29 and June 30, 2021|
|Final Result||July 07, 2021|
|Session Begins On||July 28, 2021|
|MBA (DAY)/ MBA HRM|
|Last Date of Application Forms||December 14, 2020|
|Group Discussion, Personal Interview and Result||March, 2021|
|Session Begins on||1st week of July, 2021|
|Last Date of issue and receipt of Application Forms||May 31, 2021|
|Group Discussion, Personal Interview and Result||June, 2021|
|Session Begins on||July, 2021|
|Group Discussion, Personal Interview||April 20 & April 21, 2021|
|Results||April 26, 2021|
|Last Date of Application Forms||November 25, 2020|
|Shortlisted students for WT||December 02, 2020|
|Written Test||December 16, 2020|
|Shortlisted students for Personal Interview||December 18, 2020|
|Personal Interview||December 22-23, 2020|
|Final Result||December 24, 2020|
|Last Date of Admission||January 06, 2021|
|Session Commencement||January 15, 2021|
IISWBM Kolkata MBA Admissions
MBA at IISWBM is a 2 years full time program. The institute offers a variety of courses, including MBA (Day), MBA (Evening), MBA-PS, and MBA (HRM). MBA (Day & Evening) is offered under 4 specializations:
- Marketing Management
- Financial Management
- Human Resource Management
- Production and Operation Management
- Business Analytics & Systems Management
MBA – PS is offered under the following specializations:
- Energy Management
- Environment Management
- Healthcare and Hospital Management
- Transportation and Logistics Management
IISWBM Kolkata MBA Eligibility Criteria;
Candidates must have completed Honours with a minimum of 50% (45% for SC/ST/PWD candidates) or an equivalent course. Graduates of any technical course (engineering, etc.) who have completed a recognised university’s LLB (5-year) programme are also qualifying. In the qualifying test, a minimum of 50% in the aggregate is expected.
For Evening MBA Program, Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years work experience in Executive/ Supervisory level.
IISWBM Kolkata MBA Selection Criteria
The institute takes the CAT/XAT/MAT/CMAT/ATMA/JETAM/GMAT exam score into account when shortlisting candidates. Shortlisted candidates must then participate in a GD and PI round.
The CAT ranking, academic record, and results in the GD and PI rounds are used to make the final decision.
IISWBM Kolkata MSW Admissions
MSW is a two-year specialised postgraduate course in social work. The specializations offered in MSW are:
- Child & Family Welfare
- Correctional Social Work
- Community Organisation & Development Practice
- Labour Welfare
IISWBM Kolkata Eligibility Criteria;
Candidates must have completed Honours candidates or an equivalent course from a recognised university, a graduate degree in any technical field (engineering, for example), and a five-year LL.B from a recognised university.
The qualification accepted by the University of Calcutta, India for admission to the Master’s Degree course in Social Welfare will be used to determine final admission.
IISWBM Kolkata Selection Criteria
The performance in the qualifying degree is taken into account by IISWBM while shortlisting students.
Following that, the applicants who have been shortlisted must take the Written Test.
In addition, if they pass the exam, the institute will invite them to the GD and PI rounds.
IISWBM Kolkata PGDM Admissions
The 1 year PGDM course offer admission to applicants in 5 specializations which consists of:
- Sports Management
- Fire Safety Management
- Supply Chain and Logistics Management
- Media Management
- Executive PG Programme in Management (EPGPM)
IISWBM Kolkata PGDM Eligibility Criteria
- For Sports Management/ Media Management – A Bachelor’s Degree (10+2+3 system) in any discipline from any university recognised by the University of Calcutta is required for admission.
- For Fire Safety Management – Graduate of a recognised university with a degree in engineering or science, or a diploma in engineering recognised by the AICTE or the Board of Technical Education.
- For Supply Chain and Logistics Management/ Executive PG Programme in Management – Graduates in Science, Commerce, Engineering, and other related fields would be able to participate in the programme. Candidates with prior job experience will be given preference.
IISWBM Kolkata PGDM Selection Criteria
Candidates will be shortlisted based on the results of a written test conducted by the institute. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a GD and PI interview.
IISWBM Kolkata M.Phil/PhD Admission
IISWBM Kolkata offers 2 years of M.Phil in Management and PhD course for 3-5 years
IISWBM Kolkata M.Phil/PhD Eligibility Criteria
Candidates with a Master’s degree in Management, Commerce, Social Welfare, or any other associated discipline from Calcutta University with a minimum aggregate of 55%(SC/ST with 50%) or a minimum aggregate of 60 percent from another recognised university.
IISWBM Kolkata M.Phil/PhD Selection Criteria
Written Tests and Personal Interviews are used to choose candidates.
Candidates who have passed the NET/SET or an equivalent national level exam will be excluded from the written test and invited to an interview.
Teachers of Management Institutes and MBA students will be given priority in seat allocation.
How to Apply?
- Download the DL form, admission brochure, and Challan for IISWBM/State Bank of India Power Jyoti A/c No. 32495656710.
- Deposit the prescribed sum for the course at any State Bank of India branch, along with the duly completed Challan and DL form.
- Please send a hard copy of the completed Application Form, a copy of the Payment Slip, and copies of all relevant documents to –
IISWBM, Management House,
College Square West,
- For the Group Discussion and Personal Interview, the originals will be needed.
- If the application is received after the stated deadline, it will not be considered.
- Class X and XII Mark-sheet
- Certificate and Marksheet of Graduation Degree
- Certificate and Marksheet of PG Degree
- Proof of Date of Birth
- SC/ST/NC-OBC/PWD Certificate (If applicable)
- Certificate of Work Experience (A required)
Ques. How is the placement cell of IISWBM Kolkata ?
Ans. The Corporate Relations and Placement Cell’s main goal is to build good relationships with industry/business and bring new practises to students. Internship in the first year, followed by comprehensive job training and selection assistance in the second year. As part of Corporate Relations, industry leaders/senior alumni are invited to speak to the students and offer their useful experiences/caselets on a monthly basis.As part of Corporate Relations, industry leaders/senior alumni are invited to speak to the students and offer their useful experiences/caselets on a monthly basis. The cell is also in charge of alumni relations and networking.
Ques. How are the MBA (HRM) placements at IISWBM Kolkata?;
Ans. The MBA (HRM) programme at the institute saw 100 percent placement, though the package offered was a little low at around 5 lakhs. Some of the top recruiters were Cognizant, Dabur India, HDFC, Amazon, Deloitte, Mother Dairy, Infosys, YES Bank, Airtel, United Breweries Limited, Ernst & Young, Axis Bank, Tata Steel, Air India and many more.
Ques. Is it worth pursuing MSW from IISWBM Kolkata?;
Ans. Yes, the Institute’s emphasis has always been on developing socially conscious skilled managers, and it is one of the few MSW programmes in India. The MSW curriculum is structured to provide students with a solid theoretical understanding of social work, social care, legislation, policies, and social work fields and domains. It will broaden students’ understanding of the history and growth of social work in India and abroad, as well as current social work trends.
Ques. What are the career prospects after pursuing PGDM in Media Management from IISWBM Kolkata?
Ans. After pursuing PGDM in Media Management from IISWBM Kolkata, candidates can be hired as Media Strategist / Planner, Media Manager / Event Manager / Market Researcher, Brand Management Professional, Marketing Analyst / Specialist, Social Media / Multimedia Specialist, Marketing & Branding Executive and such.
Ques. What extracurricular activities are available to students at IISWBM Kolkata?
Ans. At both the institute and department levels, the institute provides a variety of Cultural Committees and Technical Clubs like Finance Club, Marketing Club, HR Club, Photography Club in which a student can enrol based on his or her interests.