Wildlife Institute of India (WII), located in Dehradun, Uttarakhand, is an internationally acclaimed institution that offers academic courses and training programs in wildlife research and management.
WII offers M. Sc programs, PG diploma programs, and Certificate courses in Wildlife Management. The M. Sc course offered in Wildlife Sciences is affiliated to Saurashtra University, Rajkot.
Some of the key points regarding admissions to various courses at WII are listed below:
- Courses are open to Indian as well as foreign nationals.
- M. Sc courses are offered for graduates. Admissions to the M. Sc courses are done through the NET entrance exam, a Personal Aptitude Test, and an Interview.
- PG Diploma courses and Certificate courses are offered by WII for Indian Forest Service Officers and State Forest Service Officers that belong to the rank of Deputy Conservator of Forests.
- For selection to PG Diploma and Certificate courses, nominations of eligible candidates need to be sent by State Forest Departments or Foreign Government Agencies.
- After filling up of application forms, they need to be sent along with the necessary documents to the concerned department by the last date of submission.
Wildlife Institute of India Dehradun Admission
Wildlife Institute of India offers several courses in the M. Sc and PG Diploma programs. The eligibility criteria, selection process, and specializations for these courses are stated below.
Master of Science (M.Sc) Course
The M. Sc course is a 2-year course offered for graduate students at WII. The specializations and eligibility criteria of the M. Sc course are mentioned below.
|Master of Science (M. Sc)||Wildlife Sciences, Heritage Conservation and Management|
- The candidates should have a graduation degree in any discipline.
- Candidates should be 25 years old as of July 01. Reserved category candidates are allowed a relaxation of 5 years.
- Foreign candidates must have TOEFL or IELTS scores in case their native language is not English.
Selections for M. Sc courses are done based on the candidates’ performance is the National Eligibility Test (NET). Shortlisted candidates are also called for a Personal Aptitude Test, followed by an Interview.
PG Diploma Course
The Post Graduation Diploma Course is a 1-year course in the specialization of Wildlife Forensics and Nature Conservation. The course is offered to Service Officers and State Forest Service Officers that belong to the rank of Deputy Conservator of Forests. The eligibility criteria are given below.
|PG Diploma||Advanced Wildlife Management, Wildlife Forensics and Nature Conservation|
- Indian Forest Service Officers and State Forest Service Officers that belong to the rank of Deputy Conservator of Forests (DCF) or Assistant Conservator of Forests (ACF) are eligible.
- Equivalent officers working in National Parks or Wildlife Sanctuaries and Indian universities are also eligible.
- Foreign nationals including SAARC countries are eligible.
Selections for the PG Diploma course are done based on recommendations sent by Indian Forest Service Officers and State Forest Service Officers of DCF and ACF ranks who fulfill the eligibility criteria.
WII offers a three-month certificate course in Wildlife Management. The eligibility and selection criteria for this course are given below.
- In-service officers who belong to the rank of Deputy Range Officers or Range Forest officers or equivalent are eligible.
- They must have a minimum educational qualification of 12thstandard and education on the basic course of forestry.
- Both Indian and foreign nationals should be preferably below 35 years of age and a maximum of 45 years as of November 1.
Selections for this course are done based on the candidates’ experience, age, physical fitness, and other relevant qualifications.
Wildlife Institute of India Dehradun Admission Process
For applying to the M. Sc course, candidates need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the official website of WII. Admission link
- Fill in the registration form available on the website.
- An application fee of INR 1000 has to be paid through the payment portal after successful completion of the application form.
- Keep a copy of the payment receipt and filled application form for future references.
The printout of the filled application form has to be sent to the following address:
The Course Director,XVI M.Sc. Wildlife Science Course,Wildlife Institute of India,Chandrabani, Dehradun – 248001 (Uttarakhand).
Important Documents required during registration:
- Recent Passport-size photographs
- Valid passport as age proof
- Scanned copies of School Certificate and Marksheets (of class 10 and 12)
- Graduation Marksheets and degree (of Previous or Final year)
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
Wildlife Institute of India Dehradun Admission FAQs
Ques. Does the college allow admissions to foreign candidates?
Ans. Yes, WII allows admission to foreign candidates to various courses like M. Sc, PG Diploma, Certificate Courses, etc.
Ques. What are the total fees for the Certification courses?
Ans. The fees for the Certification courses are approximately INR 11 lakhs in total.
Ques. Are scholarships provided?
Ans. Yes, WII provides scholarships to 8 Indian students based on their selection merit.
Ques. What are the ways of application fee payment?
Ans. The application fees can be paid through Credit or Debit Card or Net Banking from the payment gateway present in the application portal of the official Wildlife Institute of India website.
Ques. What are the entrance exams allowed by the college for admission?
Ans. WII allows admission based on performance in NET. For the final selection to courses like M. Sc, 50% weightage is given to both the NET exam and the Personal Aptitude Test (PAT).