PGIMER, Chandigarh is one of the country’s top training, medical and educational institutes consistently ranked 2nd among Top Medical Colleges in India for past three years by NIFR. PGIMER is widely known across the country for its Medical, Para-Medical, Nursing, Residency, Short-term Training, Elective Training, MHA, MPH, PGDPHM and Fellowship courses which are among the top 50 medical courses offered by the institute. Admissions to all courses are granted on the basis of institute level entrance exam followed by counselling. However, NEET PG and INI CET are also accepted by the institute for admissions to MD/MS and MDS programs respectively.
PGIMER provides its students with a high-quality curriculum and the resources they need to become highly trained medical teachers, doctors and physicians. Along with providing extensive educational facilities, PGIMER also equips its students with practical knowledge through internships and training.
PGIMER, Chandigarh Admission Updates
- B.Sc Nursing & Post Basic Entrance Exam will be conducted on July 31, 2021.
- B.Sc Paramedical Entrance Exam is likely to be conducted on August 10, 2021.
PGIMER, Chandigarh Quick Facts
- PGIMER, Chandigarh is ranked 2nd in the Medical Colleges category in NIRF 2018, 2019 and 2020 Rankings.
- PGIMER accepts WHO-delegated candidates as well.
- It is an autonomous institute and conducts its own university level entrance exam for admissions to its courses. Final selection of the candidates is done on the basis of university level counselling.
- Admission to DM/ M.Ch courses is done twice a year for the January and July session. The entrance examination is conducted through CBT in the month of May/June & November/December and the sessions commence from July and January respectively each year.
- The fees for every course is much lower than any other medical college in the country and every student can afford it easily.
- The Faculty members at PGIMER Chandigarh are highly educated, dedicated and supportive of students in all areas.
- PGIMER also hosts a Saturday talk, which is a one-of-a-kind experience. Students have the opportunity to engage with their teachers and professors during this class. The discussion is based on professional behavior and medical challenges that are not included in their program.
- Both UG and PG candidates are provided with placement opportunities during their final year of their study. PGIMER, Chandigarh Placements 2019 highlights are:
- Median CTC offered to UG students: INR 5.71 LPA
- Median CTC offered to PG students: INR 11 LPA
PGIMER, Chandigarh Rankings
- Ranked 2 for Medical by NIRF 2020
- Ranked 2 for Medical by NIRF 2019
- Ranked 2 for Medical by NIRF 2018
- Ranked 990 in Best Global Universities.
- Ranked 250 in Best Global Universities In Asia.
- Ranked 19 In Best Global Universities In India.
PGIMER, Chandigarh Courses & Fees
Below tabulated are the most popular courses offered by PGIMER along with other details:
|PROGRAM||PROGRAM DETAILS||SELECTION BASIS|
||University level Entrance Exam|
|B.Sc Nursing Post Basic||
||Entrance Test followed by PI/ NEET PG|
||Entrance Test followed by PI|
|M.Sc Nursing (Medical, Surgical and Community Health Nursing)||
||Entrance Test followed by PI/ INI CET|
||Entrance Exam followed by Practical Examination|
|Post MD Certificate Course||
PGIMER, Chandigarh Cut-Off
Below tabulated is the category wise cutoff of PGIMER for the July session 2019 for MD/MS courses:
PGIMER, Chandigarh Scholarships
PGIMER, Chandigarh provides scholarships to students based on their eligibility, category, performance in the academic years etc. At the start of the academic year, students may register for the scholarships under the following categories:
- Merit Based Scholarships
- Relaxation in fees to students belonging to poor economic background
- Need Based Scholarships to eligible candidates
- Eligible students can also avail scholarships offered at state or national level
- One can apply for educational loans provided by State Bank of India, HDFC Bank, Punjab National Bank, Axis Bank, ICICI Bank or any other bank branch.
PGIMER, Chandigarh FAQs
Ques. In the entrance exam for PGIMER Chandigarh, for questions with multiple answers is it necessary to mark all correct options to get marks in that question?
Ans. No, it’s not true. You will get a portion of the total mark allotted for that question even though you answer one correct option. You will get maximum marks if you answer all of the questions correctly. The inverse is also real. You would receive a portion of a negative mark if you mark even one incorrect decision.
Ques. How do I prepare for getting a PG in PGI Chandigarh?
Ans. The preparation strategy for every student may be different but here’s the standard one. Read the full syllabus for 6 months. When you write the final test, sit down for three hours and solve one of the previous papers. As a result, the trick is to keep the number of incorrect responses to a minimum in order to achieve high scores. If you’re unsure about a choice, skip it rather than marking it. Also, make sure you’ve gone over all of the previous questions and answers. I hope this has been of assistance to you. Best wishes.
Ques. What are the best things about pursuing PG in PGIMER, Chandigarh?
Ans. PGI is known for its excellence in imparting best clinical knowledge to its resident doctor. It is done through a thoughtfully structured academic curriculum consisting of journal clubs, interdisciplinary meetings, bedside clinics designed by each department. Infrastructure in terms of number of specialties -clinical, paraclinical, allied medical science is best in regions backed by research institutes. All departments have state of art set in terms of the latest medical technologies.
Ques. Does PGIMER, Chandigarh conduct its own exam?
Ans. Yes, PGIMER Chandigarh conducts it’s entrance exam for MD/MS courses twice a year, in May and November. The question paper constitutes 250 questions, each having 5 options. Multiple options can be correct and scores are awarded accordingly. And yes, the examination center is only at Chandigarh.
Ques. Is PGIMER MCI recognised?
Ans. Yes, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research is the Medical Council of India recognised. It is a Central government funded institute based in Chandigarh. It is also an autonomous institute in that it doesn’t come under any university and degrees are awarded directly by PGIMER. PGI Chandigarh was established in 1962 and till date has produced approximately 9,000 M.Ch surgeons, 6,000 – 7,000 DM physicians. In addition it has produced a total of more than 20,000 total Post graduate specialist doctors and has offered countless Ph.D degrees, fellowship degrees and has a National Institute of Nursing education that has produced many top class Nursing staff.