PGIMER has invited the application form for the D.M./M. Ch, MPH, PGDPHM for the July session 2021. Along with it, the announcement for the MD/MS admission process has been declared by the PGIMER. The tentative schedule for the various entrance exams conducted by PGIMER has been released by the statutory body.
Here are some of the key points related to admission into the various Courses at PGIMER:
- Admission into Master of Public Health (MPH), PG Diploma in Public Health ManagementPGDPHM), D.M., M. Ch is done via Computer Based Entrance Examination(CBT).
- For the B.Sc Paramedical and B.Sc Nursing Program, the entrance exam is conducted separately by PGIMER.
- The dates for the entrance exam for admission into the PhD, M.Sc Nursing, MLT, has been released tentatively however, the application forms for these have not been released yet.
The Application form for all these courses can be filled on the official website of the PGIMER except for MD/MS.
PGIMERChandigarh Admission Important Dates 2021
The important dates for various courses at PGIMER for 2021 session are mentioned below:
|Start of Application Process for D.M./MCh||March 24, 2021|
|Last Date to fill Application form for D.M/MCh||April 24, 2021|
|Start of Application Process for MPH and PGDPHM||March 25, 2021|
|Last Date to fill the Online Application form for MPH and PGDPHM||April 20, 2021|
|Last Date to register for MD/MS||March 31, 2021|
|Application Process for the PhD program||To be notified|
|Application Process for B.Sc Nursing and B.Sc Paramedical course||To be notifiedd|
|Entrance Exam date for D.M./MChMPH/PGDPHM||May 31, 2021|
PGIMERChandigarh Admission 2021: UG Courses
PGIMER Chandigarh offers many UG programs in numerous specializations. The duration of BPhT is 4 years 6 months, B.Sc. is of 3 years, B. Optom and BPH is of 3 years + 1 year internship, MLT is of 31/2 years +6 months internship.
|B.Sc.||Nursing, Medical Lab Technology, Radiodiagnosis and Imaging Technology, Operation Theatre Technology, Perfusion Technology, Radiotherapy Technology, Medical Animation and Visual Creation, Audiology and Speech Pathology, Post Basic Nursing, Embalming and Mortuary Science|
|B. PhT||Physical Therapy|
- B.Sc: Candidate must have passed 10+2 with minimum 50%
- B.PHT: Completed 10+2 with minimum 50%
- BPH: Candidate must have passed 10+2 level
- B.Optom: Completed 10+2 with at least 60%
The admission in all UG programs is on the basis of entrance test conducted by the University itself.
PGIMERChandigarh Admission 2021: PG Courses
The Institute offers a number of courses in numerous specializations. The duration of MD/MS, M. Ch, DM course is 3 years. The duration of MHA, MPH is 2 Years.
|MD||Anaesthesia, Biochemistry, Community Medicine, Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology, Medicine, Microbiology, Nuclear Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynaecology,Paediatrics, Psychiatry, Radio-diagnosis, Pathology, Pharmacology, Radiotherapy, Transfusion Medicine, Forensic Medicine|
|MS||Surgery, Orthopaedics, Otolaryngology, Ophthalmology|
|MDS||Orthodontics, Pedodontics, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery|
|DM||Addiction Psychiatry, Cardiac anaesthesia, Cardiology, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Clinical Pharmacology, Clinical Haematology, Gastroenterology, Hematopathology, Intensive Care, Medical Genetics, Neonatology, Neuro anaesthesia, Neurology, Paediatric Endocrinology, Paediatrics Critical Care, Paediatric Neurology, Paediatric Haematology Oncology, Paediatric Gastroenterology|
|M.Ch||Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery Head and Neck Surgery, Neurosurgery, Plastic Surgery, Paediatrics Surgery, Renal Transplant Surgery, urology, Vitreo retinal Surgery, Surgical Gastroenterology|
|M.Sc||Medical Technology (Biochemistry), Radiology, Microbiology, Medical Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Speech and Hearing, Haematology, Transfusion Medicine, Pharmacology and Physiology, Nursing|
- MD/MS: Candidate must have completed MBBS degree
- MDS: Completed BDS degree
- DM: MD in relevant discipline
- M.Ch: Completed MD/MS in relevant stream
- M.Sc.: Completed B.Sc. in relevant stream with 55%
- MPH: Completed MBBS/BDS/M.Sc./MA with 50%
- MHA: Completed MBBS degree
The selection in MD/MS/MDS/M.Sc./MPH is based on the entrance exam conducted by University. Selection in DM and M. Ch is based on entrance and practical examination.
PGIMERChandigarh Admission 2021: PhD and Fellowship PGI Programs
PGIMER offers Fellowship and Doctorate programs in various specialisations. The admission is conducted twice a year, July and January. The specialisations are mentioned in the table below:
|PhD||Medical and Non-Medical Disciplines|
|Fellowship PGI||Head and Neck Oncosurgery, Breast Surgery, Medical Parasitology, Musculoskeletal Radiology, Interventional Radiology, Pediatric Radiology, Trauma Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, PET Imaging, Glaucoma, Brachytherapy, Cytopathology, Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Spine Surgery, Pediatric Orthopaedic|
|Post Doctoral Fellowship PGI||Pediatric Cardiac Anaesthesia, Skull Base Surgery, Vascular Neurosurgery, Paediatric Neurosurgery|
- PhD: Masters degree with at least 55% marks
- Fellowship PGI: Completed MD/MS in relevant discipline
- Post Doctoral Fellowship PGI: Completed DM/M.Ch in relevant stream
- Selection is based on the qualifying entrance exam conducted by the PGIMER followed by the Practical/interview process.
- Candidates must have completed two years of Senior Residency for the Fellowship PGI Program.
PGIMER Application Process 2021
Candidates who are interested in getting admission to this institute need to follow the below given steps:
- Visit the official website of the PGIMER Chandigarh.
- Click on the link for the specific course chosen by the candidate.
- Candidates can fill the online application form and upload all the necessary documents required to establish the eligibility criteria.
- Pay the Application fee as per the candidate’s specific category and keep in note the login credentials.
- Carefully check the filled information and click on the ‘Submit button.
PGIMER Chandigarh Admission FAQs
Ques. What is the examination pattern for the entrance exam of the Fellowship PGI course at PGIMER?
Ans. The examination pattern for the D.M. and M. Ch course includes both theory and practical exams. The theory part consists of 30 Multiple Choice Questions from the MD/MS/M. Ch/DM level in the relevant subject. The next 30 questions are based on the fellowship PGI and Post-doctoral PGI. One mark is awarded for a correct answer and 0.25 marks are deducted for an incorrect answer.
Ques. What is the Application Fee for the PGIMER Registration Process?
Ans. The Application fee for all the courses except MD and MS program is INR 1,000 for the General Category and INR 800 for the SC/ST candidates. Candidates can pay the fee via online mode.
Ques. How to prepare for the PG Entrance Exam of PGIMER?
Ans. Candidates need to prepare religiously for the PG Entrance exam. It is necessary to understand the syllabus well for scoring more on the entrance test. Along with it, solve as many mock papers and previous years papers as time management is needed for the entrance exam.
Ques. How is MD in Radiodiagnosis at PGIMER?
Ans. MD in Radiodiagnosis is an excellent branch to be pursued at PGIMER. There is good exposure both in the field of academics and clinical. The CT Scan and MRI equipment are of good quality and interventional radiology cases are also considered.
Ques. Is MD in Medicine worth doing from PGIMER?
Ans. MD in Medicine is a great choice for students at PGIMER. Generally, work exposure is more and the faculty is excellent. The work environment is healthy to work in and pays a decent internship per month. The presence of a specialist from the DM field provides a good platform for MD(Medicine) Students.