IIIT Bhubaneswar is an autonomous institute known for its undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes in the fields of Engineering and Management. The institute offers a total of 4 courses, namely, BTech, MTech, MBA and PhD.
Admissions to Btech, MTech and MBA courses are based on national level entrance tests such as JEE Mains, GATE, CAT/XAT respectively. For PhD admissions, the institute conducts a separate written test followed by an interview round.
IIIT Bhubaneswar provides spectacular placement opportunities to its students with a lowest CTC of INR 3.6 LPA. Dell, Infosys, Microsoft, TCS, McKinsey are some of the top recruiters. The institute also provides a plethora of other facilities for the development of its students and the faculty members with high qualification and experience.
IIIT Bhubaneswar Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2006 | Autonomous|
|Approved by||UGC, AICTE|
|Set by||Government of Odisha|
|Entrance Exam||JEE Mains/GATE/CAT/XAT|
|Courses Offered||4 courses across 2 streams|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance based|
|Top Recruiters||Amazon, Amdocs, Capgemini, Dell|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Classrooms, Laboratories|
|Official Website||IIIT Bhubaneswar|
IIIT Bhubaneswar Courses
Below tabulated are the courses offered by IIIT Bhubaneswar:
IIIT Bhubaneswar Admissions
Admissions to all courses of IIIT Bhubaneswar are based on the candidate’s merit in entrance exams conducted at the national level. Candidates qualifying for JEE Mains will be required to appear for JoSAA counselling while candidates qualifying for GATE will have to appear for CCMT counselling. PhD applicants are admitted on the basis of GATE/ NET or Written Test conducted by IIIT Bhubaneswar followed by Personal Interview. 50% of the seats in all the programmes are reserved for Odisha state students.
How to Apply?
To apply for IIIT Bhubaneswar courses based on national – level entrance exams, candidates first need to appear for various entrance exams conducted for particular courses. Below mentioned are the steps for the application process:
- Visit the official website of the Institute.
- Proceed to the ‘Admissions’ portal.
- Fill the application form with correct and mandatory details.
- Proceed to pay the application fee and submit the application form.
IIIT Bhubaneswar Placements
IIIT Bhubaneswar has a placement cell that reaches out to potential recruiters to visit the institute for campus recruitment. The students are provided with the best placement packages and are recruited in almost all sectors of society. The lowest CTC offered to the 2020 batch was INR 3.6 LPA whereas the highest CTC was INR 44 LPA offered by Microsoft. Placement Highlights of 2020 batch are as below:
|No of On-Campus Recruiters||28|
|Number of Students Placed||335|
|Highest CTC||INR 44 LPA|
|Lowest CTC||INR 3.5 LPA|
|Top Recruiters||Microsoft, Infosys, McKinsey, Mindtree, Turtlemint|
IIIT Bhubaneswar Scholarships
IIIT Bhubaneswar provides financial assistance and scholarships to various category students. The scholarships offered are:
- GB Scholarship: Top three students in each branch of the BTech program of each year will be awarded this scholarship which ranges from INR 10,000 – INR 20,000 per annum.
- CAFAS/ Medhabruti by Department of Higher Education upto INR 10,000 per annum for 4 years BTech program.
- Prerana by SC and ST Development Board for SC/ ST/ OBC students from INR 20,000 – INR 60,000 per annum.
- Scholarship by VIKAS Educational Charitable Trust upto INR 20,000 per annum and may increase as per students need
- Post Matric Scholarship by CHSE.
- Scholarship from NCERT
- Special TFW scheme is available for 3 students of the institute apart from normal TFW as per Government norms.
IIIT Bhubaneswar Facilities
IIIT Bhubaneswar is located in Gothapatna in the outskirts of Bhubaneswar. It is a compact 23 acres campus which will house classrooms, laboratories, library, hostel living quarters, sports facilities, auditorium and more. Some facilities are:
- Classrooms:There are more than 30 classrooms in multiple formats to accommodate a variety of needs of the programmes. The classrooms have state-of-the-art features such as Internet access, Multimedia Projectors and Audio systems etc.
- Laboratories:There are numerous Laboratories as required by the curriculum. In addition, the Institute has built research-oriented laboratories with their own funding. Some of these labs are High-Performance Computing Lab, IOS and OSX Lab with Apple Computers, Data Center Lab etc. The institute has also developed Virtual Labs and Cloud-based Labs for many IT oriental subjects.
- Central Library:The Central Library is a key academic infrastructure of the institute. It provides a large and diverse collection of books, Titles, Journals, E-Books etc.
- IT Infrastructure:The Institute has a state-of-the-art IT infrastructure on the campus. The IT infrastructure is service-oriented with fast Internet access, a large software library of development tools, analytical software, simulation software etc.
- Hostel:The Institute is planning to build two hostels initially. These hostels will be able to accommodate more than 1200 students. The hostels will have a combination of single, double and triple bedded rooms.
IIIT Bhubaneswar FAQs
Ques. How is IIIT Bhubaneswar for undergraduate studies compared to other IIITs?
Ans. IIIT Bhubaneswar is a government institute funded by the Government of Odisha. IIIT Bh has University collaboration with University of Texas, USA and National University of Singapore (NUS) and Industry Collaboration with IBM, Capgemini, Samsung, Dell and Ernst and Young (EnY) etc. Currently it is a compact 23 acres campus with everything you require with almost 1200 students in all. Hostels are well built and maintained with triple sharing rooms.
Ques. How is IIIT Bhubaneswar and what is its ranking in India? How are its placements?
Ans. Compared to many NIT, maximum faculties are having MTech, PhD from NIT Rourkela, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Bhubaneswar, IIT BHU, IISC Bangalore etc. The rankings of the above institutes are in the top 20. So definitely IIIT Bhubaneswar is better than more than 20 NIT’s of the country. Almost 100 % placement is there. The problem is that the max package is not high enough as in NIT’s like INR 18 LPA or INR 25 LPA due this the avg of CSE CE and IT is around INR 5 LPA – INR 5.5 LPA.
Ques. Should I go for IT at IIIT Bhubaneswar?
Ans. Yes. As per your rank if you are getting IT in this college then you definitely think to join it. There is a decent coding environment in the college, which is getting better every year. If you are thinking about placements then there is a decent placement for CSE, IT AND CE branch. Also if you are from any other branch and interested in coding then after scoring more than 8.5 CGPA in the first year, you may change your branch.
Ques. How is life at the IIIT Bhubaneswar?
Ans. Life at IIIT Bhubaneswar is kind of nice you can say. You have seen on your admissions website that the system is quite similar to it, and the next batch will be just the second that will have students from other states. So there is a possibility that you see a local majority here.