Veer Narmad South Gujarat University (VNSGU) is a state-level university situated in Surat. The University was established in 1965 and is recognized by the University Grants Commission. The VNSGU is a follower of the Association of Indian Institutions and accredited by the NAAC with Grade ‘A’. There are 95 governments and 195 self-financed institutes affiliated to the Veer Narmad South Gujarat University which are already existing.
The university has 9 faculties and 27 departments that together provide a whole of 30 courses at UG, PG, Diploma, Certificate, and PhD levels. The faculty consists of Arts, Science, Commerce, Management, Education, Law, Computer Science, IT, Rural Studies, and Architecture.
The university spreads across a 200 acres’ extensive campus with basic amenities. Few facilities are separate hostels for both boys and girls, amphitheatre, seminar halls, gymnasium, canteen, and an indoor stadium.
The university also has numerous cells for managing all the student-centric activities. University has a Redressal Cell for managing grievances of the candidates concerning the examination. It has a career counselling cell that has been recognized to support the learners of the University in their complete development.
VNSGU Surat Admission
VNSGU offers admission to most programs, mainly based on course detailed entrance examinations directed by the College itself. Qualified candidates want to register themselves online for admission over VNSGU’s official website. Mentioned below are limited quick facts concerning VNSGU admissions:
VNSGU Surat Key Points
- Admission to the MBBS program is grounded on the NEET-UG grade score followed by a counselling round.
- The College holds a Fine Arts Entrance Exam to grant BFA admission.
- BID admission is grounded on a student’s performance in Interior Design Entrance Examination which was conducted by the university itself.
- BPT, BOptom, BSc in Nursing and Post-Basic Nursing is based on an entrance exam held by the University.
- Students who are eager to pursue admission to B. Lib.I.Sc. the program needs to be eligible for a written and an oral exam conducted by the university.
- For the MBA program, an effective grade in CMAT is measured.
- Admission to MD or MS programs is grounded on NET PG grade which is followed by a counselling round later.
- M Optom, MSc Medical and Nursing, MRS, MPA, MSW, and MPT admission are grounded on a college-level entrance examination.
- MSc admission is given based on the Undergraduate level merit, followed by a counselling round.
- PhD admissions are given based on a University level is written examination which is then followed by a viva and a presentation round.
VNSGU Surat Rankings
The Veer Narmad South Gujarat University has been ranked few times, some of them are mentioned below:
- 7 rank in Gujarat State 2019 by the Uni Rank
- 219 rank in India 2019 by the Webometrics Ranking Web of Universities
- The University has been awarded 3 stars by GSIRG Rating in 2019
VNSGU Surat Courses Offered
The university provides a total of 30 courses at the Undergraduate, Postgraduate, diploma, certificate, and doctoral levels. These programs are provided in the streams of Business and Management Studies, Science, Humanities, Social Science, Accounting, Commerce, Mass Communication, Media, Architecture and Planning, and numerous others.
The period of these programs differs giving the nature of their curriculum. Given below is a list of some of the top VNSGU courses and specializations with eligibility criteria:
|Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA)||
|Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)||
|Bachelor of Rural Studies||
|Bachelor of Social Work (BSW)||
|Bachelor of Vocational Education (BVE)||
|Bachelor of Performing Arts (BPA)||
|Bachelor of Science (BS)||
|Bachelor of Interior Designing||
|Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA)||
||Entrance Test and Interview|
|Bachelor of Library and Information Science (B Lib Sci)||
||Written test and Interview|
|Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT)||
|Bachelor of Education (BEd)||
|Integrated B Com LLB (Hons)||
|Post Basic Nursing BSc||
||ACPU GMEC rankings basis|
|Master of Education (MEd)||
|Master of Social Work (MSW)||
|Doctor of Medicine (MD)||
|Master of Science (MSc)||
|Master of Library and Information Science (M Lib Sci)||
|Master of Arts (MA)||
||Merit Basis or entrance test|
|Master of Human Resource Management and Labor Relation||
|Master of Labor Welfare||
||Entrance Test or Merit Based|
VNSGU Surat Cut-offs
If there are any vacant seats in the reserved category, they will then be reassigned to the General category. Below mentioned are the reserved categories as decided by the VNSG University:
VNSGU Surat Placements
Placement assistance is provided to each student of the college. The VNSGU provides 100% placement support to the candidates so that the freshers get placed with an efficient salary package according to the market principles. In the year 2019-2020, a total of 30 businesses visited VNSGU for campus placements. The Institution organizes summer internships for the college campuses. The uppermost stipend paid to the candidate of 2019-2020 was verified to be Rs 18,000 each month. The students are provided with a good salary as per the market standards.
Few of the important alumni of the College have been placed in top MNCs around the globe including:
VNSGU Surat Scholarships
The College recognizes the praiseworthy and deserving candidates by offering them many fee-waiver scholarships. Mentioned below is a list of VNSGU scholarships offered to the candidates at several levels:
- Merit scholarships for Postgraduate candidates
- Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minority candidates
- National Merit
- Scheme for postgraduate University Rank holders
- PG Indira Gandhi scheme for Single Girl Child
- Post-Matric Scheme for Minority Communities
- PhD. Fellowship for SC candidates
- Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for SC candidates
- University Protsahan
VNSGU Surat FAQs
Ques. What is the application mode for admission to the VNSGU Surat?
Ans. There are both online and offline modes available for the application procedure.
Ques. Can the students talk or complain about any issue that they face at the VNSGU Surat?
Ans. There is a form mentioned on the official website of the college where the student can complain about any issue that arises or if they feel anything is wrong. The page is http://www.vnsgu.ac.in/dept/complain/complain.php. The complaint will be confidential.
Ques. Is there any decision taken by the VNSGU Surat for the disability criteria applicants?
Ans. The VNSGU has implemented few guidelines for the betterment of the disabled student and the sole reason that they don’t face any issues while writing exams. The guidelines are mentioned on the website.
Ques. What are the reservations for PG programs at VNSGU Surat?
Ans. The reservations for PG programs are given below:
- SC: 7%
- ST: 15%
- SEBC: 27%
- Physically Handicapped: 3%
Ques. How can an interested candidate contact the VNSGU Surat?
Ans. A student can visit the college at the Address Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, Post Box No 49, Udhna Magdalla Road in Surat – 395007, Gujarat. The candidate can contact on Phone No: 9102612227141 and Toll-Free number: 18002333011. They can go on the Website: http://www.vnsgu.ac.in for any queries or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.