Yenepoya Medical College was established in 1999 and affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health, Bangalore for the award of degrees. A batch of hundred MBBS students was admitted in the year 1999. Subsequently, in the year 2005, after obtaining permission from the Medical Council of India, the college started offering some postgraduate courses in seven departments. Currently, Yenepoya Medical College is taking charge to conduct postgraduate courses in 20 departments.
Yenepoya Medical College, Mangalore Quick Facts
- Yenepoya Medical College strives and stands with the students to produce an outstanding group of medical teachers, physicians, and scientists.
- The college has made every effort to advance knowledge about health and behavior so that they can do wonders while discovering the improved version of treatment in the clinical sector.
- The college offers excellent and experienced faculty members.
- In the year 2011, the college initiated a placement cell that aimed to employ every student who is capable of standing out of the box.
Yenepoya Medical College Rankings
- Yenepoya medical college is ranked 10th as per the list of all India ranking of colleges.
- In the Karnataka state ranking, the college was ranked 27th.
- Ranked 4th in University Rankings by K-SURF.
- Accredited by Yenepoya Medical College for patient safety and quality care.
Yenepoya Medical College Courses & Fee
Yenepoya Medical College Courses & Fee
Yenepoya Medical College offers B.Sc, MBBS, BHA, and BPH programs at the UG level. It offers MD, MS, MCh, MPH, MHA, M.Sc courses at the PG level. Apart from this, the college also offers fellowship programs, PG Diploma courses, Post Doctoral Fellowship, and Certification courses. Some of the major courses offered by YMC Mangalore, along with their details are given in the table below:
|COURSES||COURSE DETAILS||SELECTION BASIS|
||University Entrance Exam followed by Counseling|
Yenepoya Medical College Cutoff
The below table shows the cutoff of Yenepoya Medical College for the academic year 2021.
|MD General Medicine||16732-27022|
|MS Obstetrics & Gynaecology||17998-25256|
|MS General Surgery||23096-33981|
|MD Tuberculosis & Respiratory Medicine||29049-29049|
|MD Community Medicine||48168-48168|
|MD Forensic Medicine||54012-54012|
Yenepoya Medical College Placements
The placement officers of Yenepoya Medical College assure that the students of the renowned University are placed in excellent hospitals or medical centers.
- 88 graduating nurses appeared for the written test along with the campus interview at Yenepoya University Campus in the year 2012 out of which 43 candidates were selected by Ruby Hall Clinic, Pune. It was one of the great achievements of the placement cell.
- Apollo Hospitals have also been part of the placement cell Yenepoya medical college by hiring two graduate nurses who appeared and got selected in Hyderabad in February 2012.
- Talking about the Yenepoya nursing college, 7 graduate nurses joined Ruby Hall Clinic, Pune in May 2012.
- Another big achievement was when 20 graduate nurses from the Yenepoya University were selected in the campus interview by the renowned Ruby Hall Clinic, Pune February 2012.
Yenepoya Medical College Scholarships
- The college does not provide any scholarship to MBBS/ MD/ and other postgraduate course candidates except when:
- The candidate belongs to the alumni of the Yenepoya Group of Institutions.
- The candidate is the child of a Yenepoya group employee.
- The employees can choose any two of the children for a scholarship.
- 25% academic scholarship is given to those who score 90% in physics, chemistry, and Biology.
The scholarship program is cleared in the first year of the medical education and continuous for the subsequent years based on the following criteria:
- Academic performance
- Participation in sports activities
- Good conduct or behavior
The scholarship does not cover the examination fee, books, or hostel fee. The student is allowed to take the scholarship in one category only.
When a candidate’s parent is an employee of YMC, Mangalore, they will be provided scholarship as follows:
|YENEPOYA SALARY SCALE||% OF CONCESSION TO THE FIRST CHILD||% OF CONCESSION TO THE SECOND CHILD|
|Up to 3 lakh per annum||70%||35%|
|Up to 6 lakh Per annum||60%||30%|
Yenepoya Medical College FAQs
Ques: Is Yenepoya a good university?
Ans: Yenepoya is a deemed university that offers quality education and brilliant exposure to the students. The faculty members are qualified enough to provide an excellent environment to the students so that they prosper well.
Ques: Is Yenepoya University approved by some renowned affiliation?
Ans: Yenepoya medical university is affiliated with NAAC, which stands for the National Assessment and Accreditation Council.
Ques: What are the methods opted by Yenepoya Medical College to teach the students?
Ans: The methods like a lecture, laboratory, seminar, workshops, and independent study are used to teach the students at Yenepoya Medical College. It is so because the college aims to provide all-around development to aspiring doctors.
Ques: What are the rules of Yenepoya Medical College?
Ans: Yenepoya Medical College has a strict set of rules to follow. If you are living in a hostel, you cannot play loud music or party around. It is not allowed to bunk lectures, and a strict eye is kept on the students who do not perform well in the internal examination. The TV room is open from 5 p.m. to 10 PM only and shuts down no matter what at 10 PM The students are not allowed to stay out of the hostel or college premises after 9 PM.
Ques: How is the Yenepoya Medical College for girls?
Ans: Yenepoya Medical College is a safe place for girls. One evidence is that the college does not hold any cultural events. The boys and the girls are separately accommodated in the hostels, and in the events too, the arrangements are made in a way that they are seated separately.