Institute of Chemical Technology offers 55 specializations across all the undergraduate, post-graduate, and Ph.D. courses. All are full-time courses where an Undergraduate degree is for four years, a Masters’s program is for two years while a Ph.D. degree is for five years duration. Candidates should fulfill the eligibility criteria and fill the application for admission to ICT. Admissions to UG Programmes are done through MH CET or JEE Mains whereas any Masters Programme in the Institute of Chemical Technology requires GATE, GPAT, GAT-B. However, those who wish to pursue Ph.D. Programs can get admission through DBT, GATE, NET, CSIR, JRF, GPAT scores. ICT Mumbai has collaborated with IIT Kharagpur and offers a two-year e-MTech Course during the industrial internship. ICT is recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC) and is accredited with NAAC with A++ Grade. ICT Mumbai has been ranked #18 in the engineering category by NIRF.
ICT, Mumbai: Important Dates 2022 (Tentative)
Candidates who want to pursue M.Tech in Bioprocess Technology, Food Biotechnology, and Pharmaceutical Biotechnology can still fill the application form and apply in ICT. The Important Dates are as follows:
|Start date of Online Application for PG Programmes||August 30, 2022|
|Last date to submit the Application Form for PG Programmes||September 8, 2022|
|Provisional List of Eligible Candidates||September 11, 2022|
|Reporting of Grievances||September 12, 2022|
|Final Merit List||September 13, 2022|
|Admission Round||September 15, 2022|
|Start date of Application form for all programs||May 2022 (Tentative)|
|Last date of Application form for all programs||June 2022 (Tentative)|
ICT, Mumbai: B.Tech Admission 2022
ICT offers B.Tech in various specializations details are given below:
|B. Tech||Fibers and Textile Processing Technology, Food Engineering and Technology, Oils, Oleochemicals and Surfactants Technology, Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Technology, Dyestuff Technology, Polymer Engineering and Technology, Surface Coating Technology|
- The minimum eligibility to apply at B.Tech Courses in ICT is 10+2
- The candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects in 10+2
- For admissions to B. Tech and B.E, candidates are eligible through MHCET/JEE Main scores
- For admissions to B. Pharm, candidates are eligible only through MH CET scores
- Candidates are selected on a merit basis and the scores are obtained in MH CET/JEE Mains. Thereafter, a merit list is prepared.
- Those who have a good merit background and positive JEE Main scores are required to go through counseling.
How to Apply?
- Apply for MH CET or JEE Mains Entrance Exam
- Apply to the official website of ICT
- Fill the application form and select a course
- Pay the application fee
ICT, Mumbai: M.Tech Admission 2022
The selection and eligibility criteria for M.Tech at ICT is provided below:
|M.Tech||Dyestuff Technology, Oils, Oleochemicals and Surfactants Technology, Food Engineering and Technology, Polymer Engineering and Technology, Surface Coating Technology, Fibres and Textiles Processing Technology, Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Technology, Perfumery and Flavour Technology, Green Technology, Bioprocess Technology, Food Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Biotechnology|
For admissions in M. Tech- Bioprocess Technology, Food Biotechnology, and Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, the candidates have to give the Gratitude Aptitude Test Biotechnology (GAT-B) conducted by the Department of Biotechnology.
Candidates are selected through the Entrance examination GATE.
How to Apply?
- Candidates who wish to pursue the M.Tech program should fill the application form available on the official website.
- Admission to any specialization in Masters is done on the basis of scores obtained in GATE/GPAT.
- Candidates who wish to study Masters in Technology should give GAT-B first in order to be eligible for the same.
- Fill in all the necessary details and pay the application fee.
ICT, Mumbai: PG Admission 2022
|M.Sc||Chemistry, Engineering Mathematics, Physics, Textile Chemistry|
- The minimum eligibility of candidates applying to any PG Programme is to have a bachelor's in the respective specialization.
- Candidates should have completed their bachelor from a recognized university with a minimum of 66% in aggregate or equivalent GPA.
The admission to PG programs is done merit-based.
How to apply?
- Candidates interested in applying for any Masters’s program should fill the application form available which is available over the official website.
- Pay the fees and submit all the necessary details needed.
ICT, Mumbai: Ph.D. Admission 2022
|Ph.D. (Tech)||Bioprocess Technology, Chemical Engineering, Dyestuff Technology, Fibres and Textile Processing Technology, Food Biotechnology, Food Engineering and Technology, Green Technology, Nano Technology, Oils, Oleochemicals and Surfactants Technology, Perfumery and Flavour Technology, Pharmaceutical Technology, Polymer Engineering and Technology, Surface Coating Technology, Plastic Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Agrochemical Engineering, Petrochemical Engineering, Lipid Engineering, Energy Engineering, Polymer and Materials Engineering|
|Ph.D. (Pharmacy)||Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy|
|Ph.D. (Science)||Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Food Science, Mathematics, Physics, Textile Chemistry|
- Candidates who want to pursue Ph.D. in any domain should have completed their Bachelors in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy or any other specialization.
- They should also have completed their Masters in the respective specialization they want to pursue their Ph.D. in with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate from a recognized university.
- Admissions to PhD programmes are done through scores obtained in DBT/ GATE/ NET/ CSIR/ JRF/ GPAT
Candidates who are interested to pursue Ph.D. are selected on the basis of written tests and interviews done by the college.
ICT, Mumbai: FAQs
Ques: How are the placements at ICT Mumbai for an M.Tech?
Ans: For M.Tech in Chemical Engineering, more than 80-85% of students get placed. Huge chemical companies like Glenmark, HPCL, ONGC, SRF, Hikal, BPCL, and DNL visit every year and hire a lot of students. The average package is INR 5 lacs per annum and the highest package is around 8 to 9 lacs per annum.
Ques: What is the selection process for ICT Mumbai?
Ans: ICT Mumbai doesn’t consider JEE Advance ranks, only asks for JEE Mains. Candidates are only selected through MH CET for Maharashtra Candidates and JEE Mains for All India Quota. 75% of the total seats are reserved for Maharashtra candidates and the rest 25% are reserved for others.
Ques: Is there any Management Quota in ICT Mumbai Admissions?
Ans: No, there is no management quota in ICT Mumbai. It is a highly reputed university which is at par with other engineering colleges in our country.
Ques: Is hostel compulsory in ICT Mumbai?
Ans: Hostel is not compulsory in ICT Mumbai but it is the cheapest option available. It is inside the campus so it saves a lot of time and travel. For that, you need to pay fees which include hostel and mess.
Ques: What is the scope of BTech in Dyestuff Technology from ICT Mumbai in terms of placements and opportunities for higher education?
Ans: Dyestuff Technology is a detailed study of dyes. Although it is useful if you have a family business of dyes. The placements are good and you can also get admission to good colleges abroad.