Mumbai Univerity Online Admission 2022 is currently underway. The application process for the MAH MCA CET 2022 ended on May 11, 2022. As per the revised schedule notification, the MAH MCA CET 2022 will be conducted on August 4 and August 5, 2022. The exam will be computer-based. The MHT CET 2022 is the entrance exam that is conducted for the admission of candidates to the engineering and medical fields. The application process for MHT CET 2022 concluded on May 11, 2022, and the Maharashtra State Common Entrance Test Cell has released a notification related to the revised schedule. The MHT CET 2022 exam will be conducted from August 5 to August 11, 2022, for the PCM group, and for the PCB group, it will be conducted from August 12 to August 20, 2022.
Students interested in pursuing MBA/MMS from Mumbai University must attempt the MAH CET 2022 exam which is scheduled to take place on August 23, August 24, and August 25, 2022. The application end date for the MHT CET Law entrance exam was June 22, 2022.
Admission to BA, BSc, B.Com, BFA, BEd, BMM, BPA, and BSW courses is granted based on the score obtained in the Common University entrance test (CUET) along with the aggregate score in the 12th class exam. Admission for the PG courses offered by the university is based on the score obtained in the graduation exam and on a personal interview. For some courses, candidates have to write a university-level entrance exam. Candidates aspiring for PhD courses must clear the PhD Entrance Test (PET) to be eligible for pursuing the course.
Mumbai University Admission 2022: Important Dates
|MHT CET 2022 Registration Start Date||April 16, 2022|
|MHT CET 2022 Registration End Date (With Late Fee)||May 11, 2022|
|MHT CET 2022 Exam Date (For PCM group)||August 5, 2022 - August 11, 2022|
|MHT CET 2022 Exam Date (For PCB group)||August 12, 2022 - August 20, 2022|
|MAH MCA CET 2022 Registration Start Date||March 17, 2022|
|MAH MCA CET 2022 Registration End Date||May 11, 2022|
|MAH MCA CET 2022 Exam Date||August 4, 2022 - August 5, 2022|
|AILET 2022 Registration Start Date||January 17, 2022|
|AILET 2022 Registration End Date||May 25, 2022|
|AILET 2022 Exam Date||June 26, 2022|
|NATA 2022 Registration Start Date||April 8, 2022|
|NATA 2022 Registration End Date||July 11, 2022|
|NATA 2022 Exam Date||June 12, 2022; July 3, 2022; July 24, 2022|
|MAH BEd. CET 2022 Registration Start Date||March 24, 2022|
|MAH BEd. CET 2022 Registration End Date||July 7, 2022|
|Release of MAH BEd. CET 2022 Hall Ticket||July 29, 2022|
|MAH BEd. CET 2022 Exam Date||August 21, 2022; August 22, 2022|
|Ph.D. Registration Start Date||1st week of June 2022|
|Ph.D. Registration End Date||4th week of June 2022|
|Ph.D. Entrance Exam Date||1st week of July 2022|
|Last Date to apply for UG Programs||June 20, 2022|
|Last Date to apply for PG Programs||July 04, 2022|
|Last Date to apply for the certificate course in Marathi||July 15, 2022|
|Last Date to apply for PG Courses – (DCJ, Mumbai University)||July 15, 2022|
|Last Date to apply for PhD in English||August 10, 2022|
Mumbai University UG Admission 2022
Mumbai University offers a range of undergraduate courses like BA, BSc., B.Com, B.Ed, LLB, and many more. The minimum eligibility criteria for all the undergraduate courses is clearing the class 12th exam in the relevant subjects with a certain aggregate score. The different undergraduate courses offered by Mumbai University along with the specialization are mentioned in the table below:
|Printing and Packaging Technology|
|Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering|
|BE (Part-Time)||Civil Engineering|
|Film, Television and New Media Production|
|Accounting and Finance|
|Banking and Insurance|
|Bachelor of Chemical Technology||-|
|Bachelor of Chemical Engineering||-|
Mentally Retarded/Hearing Impaired
|B.Ed (Special Education)|
|Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)|
|Learning Disability (LD)|
|BMS + MBA||-|
|Integrated (BA + MA)||Russian|
The eligibility criteria that a candidate must fulfill to secure admission to the Mumbai University for different UG courses are mentioned below:
- Students applying for the courses like BE, BTech, B.Com, BSc, BHM, Bachelor of Chemical Technology, Bachelor of Chemical Engineering, and B.Pharm at Mumbai University must have cleared their class 12 exam with a minimum aggregate score of 45% in relevant subjects.
- Students applying for BA, BMS, BSW, BMM, BPA, and B.Mus courses must clear their class 12 exam.
- Students applying for the B.Arch, Integrated (BA + MA) Russian specialization, B.Pharm, and BFA are required to clear their class 12 exam with a 50% aggregate score in relevant subjects.
- Students applying for B.Ed (Full-Time), B.Ed (Part-Time), and B.P.Ed courses must have completed their Bachelor’s degree while for candidates applying for B.Ed(Special Education) completion of graduation with an aggregate score of 50% is mandatory.
Eligible candidates who apply for the different courses at Mumbai University will be selected based on different criteria. Some of the important selection criteria corresponding to the different courses offered are listed below:
- The selection of candidates for courses like BA, B.Com, Integrated (BA+MA), B.Li.Sc, BSW, BMM, B.Ed, B.P.Ed, LL.B, BPA, and B.Mus are done on the basis of their score in the qualifying examination.
- The selection of candidates for BSc. is based on merit for some specializations. For BSc.(Hospitality) the selection process includes a written test followed by Group Discussion (GD) and a Personal Interview (PI). For BSc. (Nautical Science) the selection is done based on the performance of the candidate in an All India Entrance exam.
- The selection criterion for BE/BTech, Bachelor of Chemical Technology, and Bachelor of Chemical Engineering require clearing the MHT CET exam conducted by DTE.
- Admission to the BArch course at Mumbai University is granted based on the score of the candidate in NATA.
- Candidates must clear an entrance exam conducted by the university for admission to the BMS course.
- For admission to BMS + MBA course, the score secured by the candidate in MUCMET is considered.
- Admission to the BHM course is provided on the basis of the candidate's performance in MAH-B.HMCT-CET which is conducted by DTE.
Mumbai University UG Cutoff
Mumbai University releases the cutoff marks for admission to the undergraduate courses in three rounds. Candidates are granted admission based on these cutoff marks and seats are allocated in the desired college and course. Mumbai University will start releasing the cutoff details for the UG Admission 2022 from the month of June. The following details are provided along with the cutoff details:
- Application Number
- Form Number
- Registration Number
- Candidate Name
- Average CGPA required
- Address of Counselling Venue
The cutoff marks vary from course to course and from college to college. The table below provides details of the expected cutoff marks for UG admission in 2022 for some recognized colleges:
|B.Com||Jai Hind College||Open||84% - 86%|
|BSc.||Jai Hind College||Open||48% - 51%|
|B.Com||Jai Hind College||Minority (Sindhi)||53% - 56.38%|
|BA||Sophia College for Women||Open (In-House)||40.92% - 43.92%|
|BA||Sophia College for Women||Open (Other Colleges)||66% - 70%|
|BA||Sophia College for Women||Minority (Other Colleges)||79% - 82.60%|
|BMM||Sophia College for Women||Open (Arts)||91.52% - 94.20%|
|BMM||Sophia College for Women||Open (Commerce)||87.80% - 90.80%|
|BMM||Sophia College for Women||Open (Science)||85.82% - 88.20%|
|BSc.||Sophia College for Women||Open||103 - 107 (Marks)|
|BSc.||Sophia College for Women||Minority (In-House)||105 - 109 (Marks)|
|B.Com||Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics||Open||91.80% - 94.33%|
|B.Com||Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics||Minority (Gujarati)||86.66% - 89%|
|BFM||Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics||Open||93.33% - 95.83%|
|BFM||Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics||Minority (Gujarati)||88.62% - 91.60%|
|BMS||Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics||Open (Arts)||89.90% - 92.40%|
|BMS||Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics||Open (Commerce)||94.40% - 97.00%|
|BMS||Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics||Open (Science)||91% - 93.60%|
|BMS||Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics||Minority (Gujarati)||90.90% - 93.00%|
|BSc. IT||Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics||Open||66% - 68%|
|BSc. IT||Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics||Minority (Gujarati)||56% - 58%|
|BA||St. Xavier’s College||Open (Arts Students)||91.11% - 93.31%|
|BA||St. Xavier’s College||Open (Other Students)||97% - 99.42%|
|BA||St. Xavier’s College||Minority (Christian Arts Students)||82.82% - 84.85%|
|BSc.||St. Xavier’s College||Open (Biology Students)||76.68% - 78.08%|
|BSc.||St. Xavier’s College||Open (Non-Biology Students)||77% - 79%|
|BSc.||St. Xavier’s College||Minority (Christian Students with Biology subjects)||49.90% - 52.15%|
|BSc.||St. Xavier’s College||Minority (Christian Students with Non-Biology subjects)||50.50% - 53.69%|
|BMM||St. Xavier’s College||Open (Maharashtra Board)||80.80% - 83.88%|
|BMM||St. Xavier’s College||Open (Other Boards)||84.84% - 87.76%|
|BMS||St. Xavier’s College||Open (Maharashtra Board)||79% - 82.13%|
|BMS||St. Xavier’s College||Open (Other Boards)||86.66% - 89.28%|
Mumbai University PG Admission 2022
Mumbai University offers a range of postgraduate courses including ME, MTech, MA, M.Com, MSc., M.Ed, LL.M, and many more. The eligibility criteria for admission to these courses is the completion of graduation in relevant subjects. Admission for certain specializations is granted based on the performance of the candidates in the entrance exams conducted by the university while for the rest, admission is granted based on merit.
The table below provides details of the various PG courses offered by the Mumbai University along with the different specializations:
|Power Electronics and Drives|
|Electronics and Telecommunications|
|Instrumentation and Control|
|M.Tech||Polymer Technology and Engineering|
|Intermediates and Dyestuff Technology|
|Perfumery and Flavour Technology|
|Fibers and Textile Processing Technology|
|Food Technology and Engineering|
|Oils, Oleochemicals, and Surfactants Technology|
|Pharmaceuticals and Fine Chemicals Technology|
|ME PTDC||Civil Engineering|
|Numismatics and Archeology|
|Entertainment, Media, and Advertising|
|Communication and Journalism|
|Films, Television, and New Media Production|
|Food Processing and Preservation|
|Master of Labour Studies (MLS)||-|
|MEd. (Hearing Impairment)||-|
|History of Arts|
|Master in Theatre Arts||-|
The eligibility criteria for the different PG courses are discussed below:
- Candidates scoring a minimum of 50% in BE/BTech examination are eligible for applying for the ME/MTech course.
- MA Specializations like Entertainment, Media and Advertising, Communication and Journalism, Public Relations, Films, Television and New Media Production, Electronic Media and Film Studies require candidates to complete any graduation degree. For courses like MA (Hons.), MFSM, MSW, and MLS, the university accepts applications from candidates with a degree from a recognized university.
- Courses like MA, M.P.Ed., LL.M, MFA, and MPA require candidates to complete their BA, B.P.Ed, LL.B, BFA, and BPA respectively to be eligible for admission.
- For admission to MCom. and MSc. courses candidates must complete their BCom. and BSc. with a minimum aggregate score of 50% from a recognized university.
- For the Integrated (MSc. + BSc.) course candidates are required to clear the class 12 exam with a 60% aggregate score. For admission to M.Li.Sc. candidates must score a minimum of 50% marks in their B.Li.Sc degree. For admission to M.Ed. course, candidates are required to secure at least 45% (any graduation) and 55% in B.Ed.
- To be eligible for admission to the MMS course, a candidate must score at least 45% in their graduation exam.
- For admission to MMM, MFM, MIM, and MHRDM candidates must have either of the following:
- An undergraduate degree with work experience of 5 years
- An undergraduate degree with ACA, CAIIB, AICWA, etc. with a work experience of 2 years
- A postgraduate degree or diploma with two years of work experience.
The selection criteria for the different PG courses offered by Mumbai University are provided below:
- For MA(Hons.), MCom., MSc., Integrated (BSc. + MSc.), MMM, MFM, MIM, MHRDM, MSW, MLS, M.Ed., MEd.(Hearing Impaired), M.P.Ed, MFA, and MPA courses, the selection is done based on merit.
- For MA (General), MA (Numismatics and Archeology), MA(Communication and Journalism), MA (Public Relations), MA (Film, Television and New Media Production), MA(Electronic Media), MA(Film Studies), and MA (German Studies) courses, the selection is done based on the candidate’s performance in the entrance exam which may be followed by GD and PI.
- Selection for the MMS course is done on the basis of the score in MAH MBA CET or MMS CET conducted by the DTE.
- For the ME/MTech course, candidates are selected based on the GATE score.
Mumbai University PG Cutoff
Mumbai University releases the cutoff marks along with the merit list in multiple rounds. The cutoff marks are expected to be released for PG Admission 2022 in the month of July. Candidates are granted admission to the desired course only if their score in the qualifying exam or the entrance exam is more than the cutoff marks. The cutoff marks vary from college to college and from course to course. The table below shows the cutoff marks for the year 2021 for different colleges and courses. This will help the candidates in getting an idea related to the Mumbai University PG Admissions.
|MSc (Statistics)||Mithibai College of Arts, Chauhan Institute of Science, Amrutben Jivanlal College of Commerce and Economics||Open||78.67% - 84.25%|
|MSc (Computer Science)||Mithibai College of Arts, Chauhan Institute of Science, Amrutben Jivanlal College of Commerce and Economics||Open||88.38% - 90.38%|
|MSc. (Mathematics)||Mithibai College of Arts, Chauhan Institute of Science, Amrutben Jivanlal College of Commerce and Economics||Open||61.25% - 65.92%|
|MSc. (Biochemistry)||Open||76.5% - 85.5%|
|MSc. (Microbiology)||Open||89.42% - 92.25%|
|MSc. (Physics)||Open||64.38% - 74.31%|
|MSc. (Computer Science)||Minority (Gujarati)||86.69%|
|MSc. (Mathematics)||Minority (Gujarati)||62.31%|
|MSc. (Chemistry)||Minority (Gujarati)||89.75%|
|M.Com (Business Management)||HR College of Commerce and Economics||Open||90.2%|
|M.Com (Accountancy)||HR College of Commerce and Economics||Open||91.83%|
|M.Com (Banking and Finance)||HR College of Commerce and Economics||Open||91.67%|
|MA (Economics)||Open||62% - 62.25%|
|MA (English)||Open||78.57% - 87.33%|
|MA (Psychology)||Minority (Gujarati)||83.33%|
|MMS||Kohinoor Business School||Open||78.9% - 81.79% (MAHCET score)|
|MMS||Welingkar Institute of Management||Open||99.71% - 99.77% (MAHCET score)|
|MMS||SIES College of Management Studies||Open||99.37% - 99.64% (MAHCET score)|
Mumbai University Ph.D. Admission 2022
The doctorate courses along with their specialization are tabulated below:
|Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology Management|
The eligibility criterion for admission to the Ph.D. course requires the candidate to have completed their Master’s degree in relevant subjects with a minimum score of 55%.
- The selection criteria for admission to the Ph.D. course in Education, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology Management is the score obtained in the Ph.D. Entrance Test.
- Candidates clearing the PET are called for an interview. For other disciplines, the score obtained in GATE/NET/SET/CSIR/ICAR/JRF is considered for selection.
Mumbai University Ph.D. Cutoff
The cutoff marks for Ph.D. admission are based on the composite passing marks required to pass MU PET 2022. The table below depicts the minimum cutoff marks required to acquire admission to the Ph.D. course.
The admission process for the undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma, and integrated courses offered by the Mumbai University is online and involves the following steps:
- Candidates aspiring to get selected for the UG, PG, Diploma, and Integrated courses offered by Mumbai University must first meet the eligibility criteria.
- They must then register themselves online through the official website.
- Then the candidates are required to fill out the application form.
- If the selection is done based on merit, the suitable candidates are selected, and a merit list is released. In the case of an entrance exam, the merit list is released after the exam is conducted.
- After seats are allotted to the candidates, they are required to visit the campus wherein the document verification process and fee payment is done.
Mumbai University Admission Login
Candidates can manage their activities such as filling out the application form, downloading the admit card, checking results, and others using the login page of the Mumbai University official website. To access the login page of the Mumbai University website, candidates must first register their details. Once the registration process is complete, a registration ID along with a username is created. Candidates must log in using these details and then fill out the application form.
Mumbai University Admission Fees
The fees for the different courses offered by Mumbai University are mentioned below:
|Diploma||INR 44, 898 for first-year|
|MA||INR 34,405 for first-year|
|MSc.||INR 11,325 for first-year|
|Ph.D.||INR 21,720 for first-year|
|BSc.||INR 27,265 for first-year|
|BCom.||INR 3,680 for first-year|
|BA||INR 3,680 for first-year|
|ME||INR 30,000 for first-year|
|MCom||INR 2,226 for first-year|
|MArch.||INR 9,130 for first-year|
|M.Ed. (Hearing Impaired)||INR 6,526 for first-year|
|Ph.D.||INR 21, 720 for first-year|
Mumbai University Admission Merit List
Candidates who have registered for admission to courses offered by Mumbai University must regularly check the official website for the Mumbai University Merit List 2022. Mumbai University is expected to release three merit lists in 2022. The Mumbai University Merit List 2022 will contain the names of the shortlisted candidates who are selected for the next stage of the admission process. The Merit list is prepared based on the score obtained by the candidates in the qualifying examination. In the case of the entrance exam, a merit list is prepared based on the score obtained in the exam. The dates for Mumbai University Merit List 2022 are as follows:
|Release of First Merit List||June 2022|
|Release of Second Merit List||June 2022|
|Release of Third Merit List||July 2022|
Mumbai University Admission FAQs
Ques. What are the eligibility criteria for admission to the MSc. course offered by Mumbai University?
Ans. The eligibility criterion for admission to the MSc. course offered by Mumbai University is the completion of the BSc. degree with a minimum aggregate score of 50% from a recognized university.
Ques. How can international students seek admission for a course offered by Mumbai University?
Ans. International students seeking admission to courses offered by Mumbai University must apply through the official website by providing all the necessary details. They must upload all the required documents like passport details and pay the application fees of $50 while applying.
Ques. Is Mumbai University admission open?
Ans. Yes, Mumbai University admission 2022-23 is open and the admission process is underway for the various undergraduate and postgraduate courses offered by the university. The last date for Mumbai University online admission is July 31, 2022, for most of the courses. To be selected for the different courses, candidates must be well aware of the eligibility criteria for the course, selection criteria, and the admission process.
Ques. What are the criteria for selection for Ph.D. courses offered by Mumbai University?
Ans. The score of the candidates in the Ph.D. The Entrance Test (PET) is the main criterion for selection. However, the score obtained by the candidate in the GATE/NET/SET/JRF exams is also considered while providing admission and such candidates are exempted from PET.
Ques. What are the different specializations offered with B.Sc course by Mumbai University?
Ans. The different specializations offered with the BSc. course by the Mumbai University are as follows:
- Home Science
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Nautical Science
- Sports Management
- Hospitality Studies
- Forensic Science