For Under Graduation level of Examination, Punjab Agricultural University conductsCET ( Common Entrance Test ).followed by counseling to offer admission to BSc (Hons) programs except for BSc (Architecture/Fashion Design). Students must appear for a national-levelAATconducted by IIT Delhi to secure admission to BSc (Architecture) program. For BSc (Fashion Design), Students must appear for the Design Aptitude Test conducted by NID. Admission to BTech is based on the score in CET, except for BTech (Agricultural Engineering), for which a valid score in JEE Mains mandatory
Admission to Integrated MSc is based on the scores obtained in Punjab Agricultural University Common Entrance Test. For admission to MTech, MBA, MCA (regular + lateral entry), MJMC, and MSc programs, Punjab Agricultural University conducts the Master’s Entrance Test (MET) for each course individually, followed by a Personal Interview (PI) round. Students with a valid score in CAT need not appear for MET-MBA conducted by Punjab Agricultural University and sit directly for the PI
Ph.D. admission is based on the scores obtained in Punjab Agricultural University Written Test and a PI round. Although, ICAR-qualified candidates are directly eligible for the PI round.
PAU BTech Admission Criteria 2021
PAU offers Bachelor’s degree in engineering with 3 specializations.
|B.Tech||Biotechnology, Food Technology, Agricultural Engineering|
10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / Biology / Agriculture with at least 50% marks in aggregate OR Certificate in Food Processing from SLIET Longowal
CET conducted by Punjab Agricultural University and Counselling and JEE Mains also
Punjab Agricultural University Offered various Bachelor courses so, below the table we will discuss Under Graduation Courses:-
PAU UG Admission 2021
|B.Sc Hons||Agriculture, Community Science, Nutrition and Dietetics, Architecture, Fashion Designing|
|Diploma||Hybrid Seed Production Technology, Agriculture|
- For B.Sc, candidates are required to pass in 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / Biology / Agriculture with at least 50% marks in aggregate OR Diploma in the relevant discipline for the duration of two years.
- For Diploma, candidates must be pass in class 10th from a recognized board
- B.Sc admissions will be based on CET conducted by Punjab Agricultural university followed by Counselling or Interview.
- Admissions to DIploma program will be based on Interview or Counselling conducted by Punjab Agricultural university
PAU M.Tech Admission 2021
PAU offers M.Tech in the following specializations:
|M.Tech||Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Farm Machinery and Power Engineering, Processing and Food Engineering, Soil and Water Engineering|
60% in Bachelor of Engineering or Technology in a relevant subject from a recognized university.
Selections of the candidates will be based on the score in MET conducted by Punjab Agricultural University and Interview
PAU PG Admission 2021
Here below the table, we will discuss all information about post Graduation:-
|M.Sc||Agricultural Meteorology, Agronomy, Entomology, Extension Education, Food Technology, Forestry, Horticulture, Plant Breeding and Genetics, Soil Science, Bio-Technology, Agril Economics, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Physics, Sociology, Statics, Zoology, Apparel Textile|
|M.Sc (Integrated)||Biochemistry, Botany, Chemistry, Microbiology, Zoology|
|MBA||Business Administration, Agri-Business|
- For M.Sc, 60% in B.Sc. Agri. / B.Sc. Agri. (Hons) / B.Tech. Food Technology / B.Sc. Food Science (4-year) and / or Food Technology / B.Sc. Home Science (4-year) with electives in Foods & Nutrition are required.
- For M.Sc. Integrated, 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/ Biology/ Agriculture with 50% marks in aggregate is a must.
- For MCA and MBA, candidates must have obtained 60% in graduation from any recognized University of India
- For M.Sc., MCA, and MBA programs, scores obtained by the students in MET conducted by PAU and Interview are considered.
- For Integrated M.Sc admissions, Entrance Exam Conduct by Punjab Agricultural University
PAU PhD Admission 2021
The details regarding Ph.D. course and admissions is given below:
|PhD||Agriculture Meteorology, Agronomy, Biotechnology, Entomology, Extension Education, Food Technology, Horticulture – Floriculture & Landscaping, Horticulture- Fruit Science, Horticulture- Vegetables Science, Plant Breeding & Genetics, Plant Pathology, Soil Science, Energy Science & Technology, Farm Machinery & Power Engineering, Processing & Food Engineering, Soil & Water Engineering, Agril. Economics, Biochemistry, Botany, Business Administration, Chemistry, Microbiology, Sociology, Zoology, Apparel & Textile Science, Family Resource Management, Extension Education & Communication Management, Human Development & Family Studies|
Candidates must have secured a minimum of 70% aggregate marks in masters’ degree in relevant stream and 55% minimum marks in bachelors degree in relevant stream.
Selection to the PhD program will be based onScore in Written Test (PET) and Interview OR ICAR score.
PAU Ludhiana Reservation Criteria:
|COURSE NAME||NUMBER OF SEAT RESERVED||RESERVED FOR|
|B.Sc Agricultural||4||Kashmiri Migrants|
|B.Tech Agriculture Engineering||3|
|B.Sc Hons.Community Science||2|
|B.Sc Hons. Agriculture||2|
How to Apply for Punjab Agricultural University?
- A hard copy of the application Form
- A printed copy of application Memo
- College copy of admission fees paid ( if by challan )
- TC ( Transfer Certificate ) original
- Original certificates of Mark sheet of 10+2 from any board.
- Migration Certificate from university/board from Punjab or India.
- The eligibility certificate of the candidates is outside of Punjab.
- Character certificate from the head of the Institution.
- Two recent passport size photographs.
- Caste certificate if applicable.
Application forms can be filled by online and offline both ways.
- Visit the official website of the colleges.
- Fill the application form and fill in all personal detail as required in the form and pay the application fees:- 5320
- Take a printout of the duly filled form.
Prospectus and application form can be obtained in person on payment 2120, in cash at the counter form.
PAU Admission FAQs
Ques: Is this Necessary for every student to come to regular class in college after Admission?
Ans:Yes of course this is necessary for every student to come regularly to college to grab maximum knowledge from teachers and get the best attendance record.
Ques: is Punjab Agricultural College providing Education loans for students?
Ans:-NO, this institution does not provide any type of education loan to any candidates. You have to take a loan facility from any bank or Loan Giver Institution.
Ques: After graduating from this institution what was the scope for the Candidates?
Ans:After Graduating from Punjab agricultural University students have various scope in the job section such as if a candidate passes from B.Tech so it can do a job in the IT and Mechanical sector and electrical sector also. After all, the student can become a teacher also or be an Entrepreneur also and if a candidate studies BBA so HE/she can open a Business also and run it.
Ques: Which all courses are offered by Punjab Agricultural University?
Ans:The university offers UG, PG, and Ph.D. programs under 32 academic departments with Agriculture, Horticulture, and Forestry being the top choices for aspirants.
Ques: What are the eligibility criteria for BTech in Agricultural Engineering at PAU?
Ans:Candidates must qualify for JEE Mains with a decent rank and have a minimum aggregate of 50% in Class 12 to apply for BTech in Agricultural Engineering.
Ques: What is the qualifying exam for admission to the BSc program at PAU?
Ans:Candidates seeking admission to BSc (Hons) must appear for PAU-CET and BSc Architecture, candidates must appear for AAT conducted by IIT Delhi.
Ques: What is the total seat intake for BTech in Agricultural Engineering at Punjab Agricultural University?
Ans:The annual intake of the institute is 82 for BTech Agricultural Engineering.
Ques: What is the online application fee for admission to Punjab Agricultural University?
Ans:For all the entrance exams, the online application fee is Rs 5,640.