Delhi School of Music is one of the premier institutions in northern India teaching western classical music to more than 1400 passionate youngsters annually. It is the only non-profit institute in northern India that caters for the training of musical instruments, singing and dancing. DSM provides diploma and certificate courses to students in various disciplines for admissions to which a candidate must have passed 10th examinations at least.
Delhi School of Music provides three types of classes, i.e, individual classes, group classes, and group theory classes. The institute is also focusing on conducting workshops by both visiting artists and other musicians with the purpose of skill enhancement and overall development of its students.
DSM New Delhi Quick Facts
- Delhi School of Music is featured among Top Music Colleges in Delhi NCR providing instructions on musical instruments such as Piano, Violin, Viola, Cello, Guitar, Recorder, Keyboard, Flute, Saxophone, Clarinet and Drums.
- Additionally, DSM also teaches singing and ballet dance with individual and group classes.
- Admissions are conducted every quarter of the year, i.e, January–March, April–June, July–September and October-December.
- DSM is open all days of the week hence, anyone can attend the music classes anytime. Classes of Grade 1 – 7 are conducted for 40 minutes per week whereas classes of Grade 8 are conducted for 55 minutes per week.
- DSM awards scholarships in the form of fee waiver ranging from 25% to 75% to students on the basis of an audition.
- Apart from the regular fee structure, there is an enrolment fee of INR 1500 and an annual maintenance fee of INR 500) which candidates need to pay. There is a 10% fee discount for those who pay the full one-year fee in one go.
- DSM accepts online applications quarterly for admissions to its courses.
- DSM has a well-experienced staff able to teach and develop Western music and relevant music areas.
DSM New Delhi Courses & Fees
The table below shows the detail of different academic programs with their eligibility, duration and fees offered by DSM:
|PROGRAM||PROGRAM DETAILS||SELECTION BASIS|
DSM New Delhi FAQs
Ques. How is Delhi School of Music?
Ans. Delhi School of Music is a wonderful place for anyone interested in learning western classical music. The school is open all the days so it is possible to get a class any time of the week. In most initial grades (be it Trinity or ABRSM) there is one weekly class of 40 minutes and as the grades go higher the classes become of 1 hour/week. The teachers are really co-operative and friendly when it comes to mentoring a musician as well as the school is located in a very calm and silent location making learning music all the more better.
Ques. What is the fee payment procedure at Delhi School of Music?
Ans. DSM accepts online applications, however, full quarterly fees are to be paid by Cheque/ Demand Draft in favour of Delhi School of Music and also by Debit/ Credit Card (Charges extra). The quarterly fees apply also for the periods during which the School remains closed, i.e, Summer Vacation (the month of June) and Winter Vacation (Two weeks). Fees for the quarter, once paid by the students, will not be considered for refund. However, in exceptional circumstances, the Director may permit refund of the fee with the approval of Chairperson, School Committee.
Ques. Is there any attendance criteria that needs to be followed at Delhi School of Music?
Ans. Students shall be required to attend their classes regularly. Students whose attendance is irregular or who absent themselves frequently and for long periods without prior intimation and full justification, would be removed from the rolls. The Director reserves the right to terminate the lessons of students at any time, if their work, application or discipline are found to be unsatisfactory. Attendance at workshops will be deemed compulsory and will be counted in lieu of the regular scheduled classes.
Ques. When are the admissions conducted at Delhi School of Management?
Ans. Admissions at DSM are conducted 4 times a year. Below mentioned are the dates during which candidates can enroll themselves in any interested course offered by DSM:
|July – September||1-15 June|
|October – December||1-15 September|
|January – March||1-15 December|
|April – June||1-15 March|
Ques. Which other institutes collaborate with the Delhi School of Music?
Ans. Delhi School of Music collaborates with the Indian Council for cultural relations, the India International center, and cultural organizations of various foreign institutions. It is also collaborating with various artists and performers of other Indian cities. Candidates can prefer DSM if they want to learn various musical instruments and Western classical music.