Candidates who have completed their engineering diploma programs can apply for the B.Tech Lateral Entry programs. In most engineering colleges, there’s a reserved seat for lateral entry. One can get admission into direct second year. But in IITs or NITs, there’s no lateral entry seat.
Doing a diploma in engineering itself features a lot of possibilities. you’ll either do a 3-year diploma after your class 12 board exams or apply for diploma programs right after giving your class 10 board exams. With this, you’ll take admission in various industrial training institutes in India like Mechanical Diesel Colleges, Refrigeration & air-con Colleges, Draughtsman ship Colleges in India, etc.
The Diploma holders in engineering are employed as Junior Engineers and Assistant Engineers in any Public and personal organizations.
Difference Between B.Tech & B.Tech Lateral Entry
|Parameters||B.Tech||B.Tech Lateral Entry|
|Course Duration||4 Years||3 Years|
|Admission Type||Entry in First Year||Direct Entry in Second Year or 3 Semester|
|Eligibility||Class 12th with 50% marks in PCM||Diploma in relevant field after Class 10|
Benefits of Engineering Diploma Programs
- Engineering Diploma may be good after 10th or 12th
- The candidate has an Engineering Diploma certificate.
- Candidate features a chance to urge admission in B.Tech. in Second year direct.
- Various job offers after Diploma in Engineering.
- Candidates are going to be offered as Junior Engineer and may apply to many Government and personal sector jobs.
- Various offers in INDIA and Abroad after diploma in EE.
The diploma course is more practical instead of theory and it helps students to become junior engineers. It’s quite suitable for students to prove their competency and skills for industrial jobs. The diploma is extremely useful for each. Cost and time-saving are the benefits extended in these cases.
- Diploma cause you to job-ready
- Diploma students are given same opportunity as regular B.Tech graduate.
- Diplomas are often completed in significantly less time
- A diploma comes at a fraction of the value
B.Tech Lateral Entry: Eligibility
Candidates want to get admission in B.Tech Lateral Entry then they must have successfully completed a 3 year (most colleges only accept full-time diploma) diploma in engineering. Most of the engineering colleges in India need a 60% aggregate in a 3-year diploma program (Engineering – any stream) after the class 10 exam.
- It is up to you when and whether you would like to pursue your diploma in engineering after class 10 or class 12. However, time constraints must be considered as an engineering diploma plus B. Tech lateral entry means six years of rigorous education. Therefore decide carefully once you want to start out your diploma course.
- B.Tech Lateral Entry Program is being offered at universities and engineering colleges enabling students who have completed a 3-year diploma in Engineering or B.Sc. degree or equivalent examination.
- Students must have secured a minimum of 50% marks, and arithmetic as a compulsory subject in school XII, to urge admitted within the second year directly. With this, pursuing B.Tech after the Diploma gets easier and more possible for students.
Engineering After Diploma Through IITs
IITs or NITs does not offer admission into B.Tech Lateral Entry. The IITs are ones that allow students with a diploma in engineering to urge enrolled in B. Tech courses, as long as they follow the standard path to undergraduate admissions. The selection criteria for B.Tech Courses in IITs is as follow:-
- Attempt JEE Main – Candidates need to register and appear for the Joint entrance exam JEE Main which is that the common entrance for engineering admissions into various institutes, as long as not all the institutes allow admissions to diploma holders, just in case a candidate opts to travel for admissions into institutions aside from that of IITs.
- Attempt JEE Advanced – As mentioned just before, the candidates who qualify for the JEE Main examination below 2,50,000 ranks need to apply for the Joint Entrance entrance exam JEE Advanced. The exam is conducted once a year by one among the Indian Institutes of Technology which changes per annum.
- JoSAA Counselling – The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) is that the body that conducts the further counselling process Thus, the JEE Advanced qualified candidates will need to further apply for registration for JoSAA Counselling which is conducted in online mode. Thereafter, the authorities will release the rank list consistent with which allocation of seats will happen and admissions are going to be wiped out IIT.
- First Year B. Tech Admission – because the whole process is accomplished, candidates are going to be required to pay the requisite fee so as to urge admission in IIT after diploma into the primary year of B. Tech as explained above that IITs don’t provide admissions to diploma holders into the second year through lateral entry.
B.Tech Lateral Entry: Exam Accepted
Some B.Tech Lateral Entry Entrance exams are-
|2||Odisha Joint Entrance Examination [OJEE] Lateral Entry Test|
|3||Punjab Technical University Lateral Entry Entrance Test [PTU-LEET]|
|4||Kerala B.Tech Lateral Entry Entrance Examination [Kerala-LET]|
|5||Puducherry B.Tech Lateral Entry Test|
|6||Bihar Lateral Entry Entrance Exam [BCECE-LE]|
|7||Uttarakhand State Entrance Exam [UKSEE]|
|8||West Bengal University Joint Entrance Exam for Lateral Entry [JELET]|
Thus, it is often concluded that however students who wish to pursue B.Tech from IIT after diploma suffer the loss of a year, doing engineering from a top institute isn’t in the least a matter of loss. So if the scholar thinks that he or she is decided enough to crack the JEE Advanced examination, there should be no space for second thoughts.
B. Tech Lateral Entry: Selection Procedure
The selection procedure for B.Tech Latery entry is based on the score in entrance exam followed by the counselling process. Aspirants should have qualify one of the following entrance exam to be eligible for counselling process. Most of the government and private colleges take admission based on the state level entrance exams. While some colleges conduct their own entrance exams for admission into B.Tech lateral entry.
B. Tech Lateral Entry: Top Colleges
|1||Anna University, Tamil Nadu|
|2||Jadavpur University, Kolkata|
|3||Thapar Institute Of Engineering & Technology, Punjab|
|4||PSG College Of Technology, Coimbatore|
|5||Amity University, Uttar Pradesh|
|6||Delhi Technological University [DTU], Delhi|
|7||Pondicherry College Of Engineering [PEC], Puducherry|
|8||Ramaiah Institute Of Technology [MSRIT], Bengaluru|
|9||BMS College of Engineering, [BMSCE], Bengaluru|
|10||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi|
|11||Kalinga Institute Of Industrial Technology, Bhubaneswar|
|12||PES University, Bengaluru|
|13||Sikkim Manipal Institute Of Technology, Sikkim|
B. Tech Lateral Entry: Jobs & Salary
Average salary offered to them is Rs 250,000 per annum and Rs. 150 per hour in any industry. Entry level positions start at rs 168,000 per annum while most experienced workers structure to rs 1,282,500 per annum . Diploma engineers with exceptional capabilities can also earn higher unlike others. Students who pursue B.Tech LE get the same opportunities in industries as regular B.Tech graduates.
- The diploma makes a student half engineer.
- This path is a smaller amount competitive to urge into Engineering compared to the trail of PUC
- A diploma degree are going to be sufficient for junior engineering jobs
- Successful candidates can found out their own industry
- Excellent job opportunities in gulf countries
- the simplest option for college kids keen on studying technical subjects immediately after school.
B. Tech Lateral Entry: FAQs
Ques. what’s the admission process for B.Tech lateral entry?
Ans. For B.E/ B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission, you need to pass a Diploma from any of the AICTE, UGC, or Government recognized Institutions. If you would like to hitch engineering colleges apply for the doorway exams. State domicile students, reserved category students will get additional benefits of reservation policy criteria in seat allotments. Students with an honest score within the entrance test or diploma degree as per their merit will have the advantage of selecting the simplest colleges for admission & seat allotment.
Ques. How to apply for entrance exams for B.Tech lateral entry admission?
Ans. Information about the admission procedure, list of schools participating within the counseling, seat matrix, engineering specializations, date of the doorway examination, and counseling is formed available within the information brochure released by the state’s technical admission authorities. Private Engineering Universities will announce the exam details on their official websites.
Ques. what’s the schooling fee For B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission?
Ans. Most of the universities charge fewer tuition fees for Second Year Direct Admission. It varies from 30 thousand INR to 60 thousand INR once a year for all Government & Private Colleges participating in counseling. Top Deemed private Universities might charge higher tuition fees for B.Tech lateral entry admission thanks to limited seats. Generally, the entire package with the schooling fee, & miscellaneous charges is around 2 to three Lakh INR. aside from the school fee, students must even have to pay the hostel fee that varies from 50 thousand to 1 lakh INR if they want to hitch the school hostel.