National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER), Guwahati, is one of the best pharmaceutical institutes in India approved by AICTE. It has been announced as an autonomous body by the Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Government of India. NIPER Guwahati has been ranked 11th by NIRF in the Pharmacy category.
The institute offers several Postgraduate courses in many fields related to pharmaceutics like Biotechnology, Pharmacology and Toxicology, Pharmacy practice, Pharmaceutics, Medicinal chemistry, and Pharmaceutical Analysis. It offers MS and M.Pharm, M.Tech degree, and PhD courses. Admissions are done based on the GPAT exams and NIPER JEE (organized by NIPERs), each year.
Being a renowned institute, NIPER Guwahati offers successful placements, maintaining a record of 90% placement rate throughout the recent years. Well- known Pharma companies like Sun Pharma, iMED Global and Sphera recruit students from this institute.
NIPER Guwahati- Key Points
NIPER Guwahati Quick Facts:
- NIPER Guwahati has been ranked 11th in the NIRF 2020 rankings.
- This institute offers MS, M.Pharm, M.Tech, and Ph.D. programs on this campus. Admission is based on the marks in the NIPER JEE exam followed by an interview.
- This institute provides different placements in companies like Sun Pharma, Novartis, iMED Global, Sphera, and many more.
- Scholarships are provided to students based on the marks in the qualifying examination. A monthly stipend of Rs-8000/- is given for two years in Master’s degree courses.
NIPER Guwahati- Courses & Fees
NIPER Guwahati offers several PG courses in the field of Pharmacy and related subjects. It also offers PhD courses in eight different specializations. The courses offered by the institute and their respective details are listed below.
|M.Pharm (2 years)||
|MS (2 years)||
|M.Tech (2 years)||
NIPER Guwahati Cut Off
NIPER Guwahati accepts students for its various courses on the basis of marks scored in the entrance exam, NIPER JEE. The cut off for two of the most popular courses offered by the institute is given below.
|MS (Pharm)||>700(General); >300(Reserved category)|
|M.Pharm||>700(General); >300(Reserved category)|
NIPER Guwahati Placement
NIPER Guwahati carries out recruitment every year from the month of November to July. The placement cell in this institute invites several well- known companies for campus recruitment. The institute has maintained a 90% placement record, with students getting selected for different positions amongst 50-60 companies. Master’s students get jobs that pay up to 5-6 lakhs per annum while Ph.D. students are offered packages worth 10- 20 LPA.
- Sun Pharma
- IMED Global
- APCER Life Sciences
NIPER Guwahati Scholarships
- Several scholarships are given on merit and need basis by NIPER Guwahati.
- Students receive scholarships for all four semesters in Master’s degree and first four years in Ph.D.
- Scholarships are also given based on the marks in GPAT and JEE NIPMER.
- Scholarship can be stopped at any point if the student has not performed satisfactorily in their academic records.
- Around Rs-8000/- is given by the institute per semester to the master’s degree students.
NIPER Guwahati FAQs
Ques. How good is the M.Pharm course in NIPER Guwahati?
Ans- NIPER is one of the best pharmacy colleges in India. It ranked 11 in 101 top pharmacy colleges in India by NIRF 2020. Every year, almost all the students get placements offers in several prestigious companies like GSK, Cipla, Glenmark, etc. The faculties are well educated. Laboratories are well equipped, which gives good quality practical experiences. Placement cells each year make sure that each student gets placed.
Ques. How is the hostel facility at NIPER Guwahati?
Ans- The hostel facilities provided by NIPER Guwahati are well maintained. The monthly rent is Rs-2000/-. There are separate buildings for boys and girls hostel. There are also faculty quarters and a guest house present in the campus.
Ques. Does every student get placed in NIPER Guwahati?
Ans- Yes, almost all the students get placed from NIPER Guwahati. The recruitment process goes on every year from November to July. The placement cell in this institute invites many companies for campus recruitment. Almost 50-60 companies come each year, and 90% of students get selected for different positions. Master’s students get jobs that pay up to 5-6 lakhs per annum and Ph.D. students are offered packages worth 10- 20 LPA.
Ques. What is the strength of all the courses in NIPER Guwahati?
Ans- The number of seats offered by NIPER Guwahati for various courses are:
- M.S. (Pharm.)
- Pharmacology & Toxicology -18
- Biotechnology -10
- Pharmaceutics- 20
- Pharmaceutical Analysis -25
- Medicinal Chemistry- 12
- Pharmaceutical Technology (Formulations)- 12
- Pharmacy Practice- 12
- Medical Devices- 16
Ques. How is the faculty at NIPER Guwahati campus?
Ans- The faculties at NIPER Guwahati are well educated. All of them are highly- experienced and make sure that students receive both theory and practical training with proper care.