ICFAI Business School, Kolkata is one of the Top Management Colleges in India which bagged 169th position for MBA in IndiaToday 2019 rankings. IBS Kolkata offers a PGPM program which is considered equivalent to its MBA program. The admissions to PGPM are granted on the basis of IBSAT or any other state level or national level management entrance exam followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview. However, candidate’s past academic records including 10th and 12th are also taken into consideration. The qualifying cutoff for IBSAT 2021 for IBS, Kolkata is expected to be around 58-62 whereas the 2020 cutoff was 60.
IBS, Kolkata has collaborations with several national and international firms to train its students in specialized areas in information technology, business analysis and research. The institute has adopted various teaching methodologies including case studies and live interactive sessions to facilitate easy grasping.
IBS, Kolkata Quick Facts
- IBS, Kolkata is one of the top private management institutes in the country with an excellent placement record and academic activities.
- IBS, Kolkata admits candidates to its residential PGPM course on the basis of their past academic record, group discussion and personal interview. Candidates must also have a graduation degree with 50% aggregate marks in order to be eligible.
- The institute accepts CAT, NMAT, GMAT, SNAP, XAT, MAT, CMAT, CET (Maharashtra) or any other state level entrance tests for admissions. However, IBS also conducts its own entrance test, namely, IBSAT for admissions.
- IBS, Kolkata charges a total of INR 8.01 Lakhs for its PGPM program which can be paid in 5 installments. However, candidates are also subjected to various state level scholarships and loan facilities offered by the institute.
- In 2020 placement drives, 99% of the students were placed and the average CTC offered was INR 5.79 LPA. The 2021 placements are ongoing in online mode and so far IBS, Kolkata has achieved over 90% placement assistance.
- The Faculty at IBS, Kolkata is highly qualified, well experienced and most of them even hold a doctorate degree in a specialised area. The faculty members have work experience ranging from 5 years to 20 years.
IBS, Kolkata Ranking
- Ranked 17th in All India category by Silicon India
- Ranked 2nd in Eastern Zone by Silicon India
- Ranked 11th among Top New Generation B-Schools
- Ranked 2nd among Zone wise by Digital Mailers
- Ranked 2nd in West Bengal among B-Schools of excellence by CSR GHRDC
- Ranked 4th in Eastern Region among B-Schools of excellence by CSR GHRDC
- Ranked 108th All India by Business Today
- Ranked 169 for MBA in India Today 2019 rankings
IBS, Kolkata Courses & Fees
Below tabulated are the courses offered by IBS, Kolkata along with other details:
|Program||Program Detail||Selection Basis|
||CAT/ NMAT/ GMAT/ SNAP/ XAT/ MAT/ CMAT/ MAH CET/ IBSAT followed by GD & PI|
IBS, Kolkata Cut-Off
Below tabulated is the previous year’s IBSAT cutoff for IBS, Kolkata:
IBS, Kolkata Placements
IBS curriculum’s design is to train students to take a multi-disciplinary point, and their choice of careers also reflect the same. The campus provides over 80% placement assistance to students every year. Most common recruiting areas are Banking, Financial Services, Consulting, Technology, Media, Research and E-Commerce. Below mentioned are the placement highlights of 2020 batch:
- A total of 38 companies participated in the placement drive and 99% of the students were placed.
- The average CTC offered was INR 5.79 LPA whereas the highest domestic CTC offered was INR 10.70 LPA.
- The average CTC offered to top 10% of the students was INR 8.49 LPA
- The average CTC offered to the top 25% of the students was INR 7.42 LPA.
- Highest percentage of students were placed in Banking sector followed by Financial Services and IT/ITES.
- The top 10 recruiters were Ernst & Young, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, ICICI Securities, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Edelweiss Broking Ltd, BYJU'S, Puma, Bharti AXA General Insurance and Deloitte Shared Services India P Ltd.
Sector Wise Placements 2020
Tabulated below are the sector wise placements of 2020 batch:
|Sector||Placement Percentage (%)|
|Media & Research||3|
Tabulated below are some of the top recruiters of IBS, Kolkata:
|Anand Rathi Securities||Axis Bank||Barista Coffee Company||Bayer Pharmaceuticals|
|Capital IQ||Citi Bank||Coca Cola||Wockhardt Limited|
|Citigroup Global Markets||Credit Suisse||Colgate-Palmolive (India)||Zydus Wellness|
|Bank of America||Bank of India||Britannia Industries||Dr. Reddy's Laboratories|
|Ernst & Young||Kotak Mahindra Bank||SBI||D E Shaw|
|Edelweiss Broking||Deutsche Bank||HDFC Bank||ICICI Bank|
Ques. Is IBS Kolkata good for an MBA and placement too?
Ans. IBS Kolkata offers PGPM which is equivalent to an MBA. So if you are interested in a management program, the faculty is good and they have visiting faculties also from various industries and other B-Schools and colleges. They have summer internships, also the institute will ensure your summer internship but if you want to be placed in a good company then you may have to compete as companies offer sip to limited students.
Ques. Is there any financial assistance for programs at IBS, Kolkata?
Ans. The candidates selected for IBS Programs avail educational loans from Public/ Private Sector Banks. IBS has entered into MOUs with the following financial institutions:
- Eduvanz Financing Pvt. Ltd
- AVANSE Financial Services Pvt. Ltd.
Additionally, IBS offers Bridge loan to students admitted into the programs till they receive the sanction and disbursement of an educational loan from a bank. Students are required to pay the admission fee by the specified date from their own resources.
Ques. Is there any weightage for work experience in the selection process at IBS, Kolkata?
Ans. There is no weightage for work experience in the selection process. However, during the Personal Interview the panel members assess the candidate taking into consideration all the factors like work experience, etc.
Ques. Does IBS Kolkata have extracurricular activities and festivals?
Ans. Yes they do have a sports room including various indoor and some outdoor games. Also, I have a library and Wi-Fi. Various clubs which are related to academic and non-academic verticals are available for students, which are represented by students themselves, also they have a cultural festival named BRIO and casual freshers and Desi Day.
Ques. Where do I purchase the IBS Kolkata application form (PGPM 2021 Bulletin)?
Ans. Application form (PGPM 2021 Bulletin) may be purchased either through Online or Offline mode by paying application fee of INR 1800.
Online: Online registration for the programs is available on admissions.ibsindia.org/pgpm2021/registration/. After successful transaction, candidates will receive a mail with details of application number and password.
Offline: Offline Applications are available at IBS Marketing Branches - For nearest branches you may visit the website ibsindia.org/contact_us/. On purchase of application form you will receive a scratch card containing application number and password.