Gobardanga Hindu College, West Bengal was established in 1947. It offers various undergraduate courses in arts, commerce and science streams. The college has a NAAC accreditation at level A.
- Gobardanga Hindu College, West Bengal has published guideline for the admission procedure for the batch of 2022-2022. The total intake capacity for UG Honours courses of the college is 1514 seats including 100 seats for Mathematics, 49 seats for Physics, 40 seats for Chemistry and 40 seats for Biology department.
- The UG courses offered at Gobardanga Hindu College are BA, B.Com and B.Sc. It also offers B.Ed. course and PG courses at some level.
- Candidates should have scored a minimum percentage as required by the college in their 10+2 exams for getting admission in the college.
Gobardanga Hindu College Admission: Important Dates
The following table shows the important dates of admission process:
|Last date of form filling||August 31, 2020|
|Entrance exam date||To be notified|
|Availability of Admit card||To be notified|
|Result declaration||To be notified|
|Display of merit/cut-off list||To be notified|
|1st date of counselling||To be notified|
|Commencement of new session||To be notified|
Gobardanga Hindu College UG Admission 2022
Following are the course details along with its specializations, eligibility criteria, selection criteria and the process of how to apply to these courses:
|B.Sc.||Anthropology, Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Economics and Geography. Students have to choose 2 elective subjects apart from these fixed subjects.|
|B.Sc. (Honours)||Anthropology, Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Economics and Geography|
|B.A.||Bengali, Education, English, History, Journalism, Music, Philosophy, Political Science and Sanskrit. Students have to choose 2 elective subjects apart from these fixed subjects.|
|B.A. (Honours)||Bengali, Education, English, History, Journalism, Music, Philosophy, Political Science, Sanskrit and Tourism Management & Travel.|
Note: Each subject mentioned in B.Sc. and B.A. courses are a group. If a B.Sc. The candidate chooses Physics as a main subject then he has to select 2 elective subjects from Chemistry, Mathematics and Computer Science.
Gobardanga Hindu College UG: Eligibility
- Candidates should pass 10+2 exam or any equivalent examination to be eligible for the UG courses. Candidates should score at least 50% marks in the relevant exam.
- This criteria is of at least 40% for Reserved Category students.
Gobardanga Hindu College UG: Selection Criteria
- Candidates will be selected only on merit basis. The merit list will be released after the registration process is completed.
Gobardanga Hindu College Admission Process
- Candidates need to register themselves on the college website first for filling up the application form.
- After filling the form, select the subjects according to your preferences.
- After adding subjects, pay the required fees online.
- Candidates can modify their details(if any) before clicking on the Payment button.
- After applying, a valid application list will be published on the college website http://www.ghcollege.ac.in/
- Merit list will be published on the college website soon after the valid application list is published.
- Admission will be confirmed after the verification of the original testimonials in the college office.
- Verification will be considered finished only after the college seal is stamped on the back side of the original marksheet.
- Scanned copy of passport size photo
- Higher Secondary Exam certificate
- Mobile number
- Blood Group
Gobardanga Hindu College Admission: FAQ’s
Ques: What facilities are there in Gobardanga Hindu College? How is the infrastructure?
Ans: Gobardanga Hindu College has facilities such as wifi, labs, gym, library. It has an IT infrastructure, convenience stores, etc.
Ques: Is there any scholarship for students in Gobardanga Hindu College?
Ans: Gobardanga Hindu College provides scholarships for students achieving first class grades (60%) in the university examination.
Ques: Does Gobardanga Hindu College provide hostel facility?
Ans: The college has one hostel building for boys and two hostel buildings for girls with facilities such as pure drinking water, canteen, etc.
Ques: Where will be the merit list released?
Ans: Merit list will be published on the college website. Admission is completed only after the verification of important documents by the college official.
Ques: Can a student with a gap of 1 year take admission in Gobardanga Hindu College?
Ans: Yes, a student with a gap of up to 3 years maximum from the previous qualifying exam is allowed to take admission in the college.
Ques: What is the registration fee for Gobardanga Hindu College?
Ans: Registration fees for the college is INR 200 per subject and INR 50 extra for each extra combination.
Ques: Is the admission process in Gobardanga Hindu College difficult?
Ans: No, the admission process is pretty simple. Register and fill the form online and pay the fees too. That’s it. 3 merit lists are generated and candidates can take admission if their name appears in any of the 3 list.