Government Kamla Raja Girls Post Graduate (Autonomous) College (KRG College) was established in 1937. The college was elevated to postgraduate level in 1970 and was granted autonomy in 1995. The college is affiliated to Jiwaji University, Gwalior and is recognized by UGC under section 2(f) and 12(b) of the act. The college was accredited by the NAAC in 2010.
It offers many courses in Law, PGDCA, BCA, Commerce, Home Science, Arts and Science with seven departments in science, thirteen departments in arts, one department in commerce and three departments in home science.Twenty four departments offer master degrees in around 7 subjects. A PG Diploma and Ph.D. courses are also offered at the college. Apart from this, it offers some short term courses in different streams.
Students are admitted on the basis of merit through a Centralized Admission Process as conducted by the Department of Higher Education (DHE), Madhya Pradesh[Sk1] .
The curriculum at the UG level has been designed by the Central Board of Studies, Bhopal and the college has its own Board of Studies to design the syllabus for PG courses. The college hosts many cultural, sports and extracurricular activities including NSS and NCC.
KRG College Gwalior Admission
The admission form for Ph.D candidates has been released on the university’s website.
- Owing to the COVID-19 pandemic, the college administration has decided to waive the process of visiting the campus for the payment of admission fee or counselling as per CLC Round Admission Process. Candidates can access necessary information and pay the admission fee via the admission portal.
- Newly admitted candidates in college-level counselling and those admitted in the first round of counselling have to mandatorily choose their syllabus.
- Preference lists will be updated every evening at 5:00 pm. Candidates may check their status online and pay the admission fee accordingly.
KRG College Gwalior Key Points
It is the only institution in Madhya Pradesh where Urdu is taught at graduate level.
- The college has 108 qualified regular and 63 guest faculty members.
- One of the faculties, Dr. C.S. Goswami was felicitated by Late. Laxman Singh Gour awarded from M.P. Higher Education.
- Some of the recently launched courses include B.Sc. with Bioinformatics + Chemistry + Zoology, Five year B.A.L.L.B. and B.Sc. with Bioinformatics + Chemistry + Botany[Sk2] .
- Most of the faculty are Phd qualified.
- Dr. Sandhya Pandey, an Arts faculty, had exhibited her paintings in Germany.
- Major (Dr.) Asha Mathur (Ex-Principal) has been awarded Bharat Excellence Award.
KRG College Gwalior Courses and Fees
|PROGRAM||PROGRAM DETAILS||SELECTION CRITERIA|
||10+2 with relevant subjects.|
||10+2 + BCI norms|
||10+2 with Mathematics|
||B.Com/B.com (Hons.)/B. Ed|
||Graduation + Post Graduation|
||Test + interview + coursework + RDC|
KRG College Gwalior Placements
Government Kamla Raja Girls Post Graduate (Autonomous) College placements are managed by its Employment Counseling Cell that is known as Swami Vevekanand Rojgar Prakosht.
- This cell released 25 monthly magazines for students based on competitive examinations.
- It arranges competitive exam classes for students.
- The placement cell enlightens students regarding CV building, computer skills, resume writing, and trains them under PM Kaushal Vikas Yojana.
- As a unique offering, the placement cell conducts “Earn while you Learn” workshops, bank and civil services training workshops for students.
- The students also learn the art of creative writing, Mushroom Cultivation and Food Preservation to pursue a career in the same.
KRG College Gwalior Scholarships
- Life Sustenance Allowance and Transportation Charges Scholarship: This scholarship is extended to the needy disabled students pursuing Computer and Management subjects.
- Government Kamla Raja Girls Post Graduate (Autonomous) College scholarships also include State Government scholarships under Pratibha Kiran, Gaon ki Beti, and Avagaman Suvidha Yojna. Students belonging to SC/ST/OBC categories get fee concessions as scholarships based on their eligibility[Sk6] .
How to apply for a scholarship?
Once the advertisement inviting applications for scholarships is released in major newspapers, interested students may apply for the scholarship in the Geography Department by submitting three photocopies of the following documents-
- Proof of residence
- 10th and 12th mark sheet
- Caste Certificate
- Income Certificate of parents
- Aadhaar Card
- College ID and admission receipt
- Xerox of bank passbook
- Certificate of disability issues by a competent officer
KRG College Gwalior FAQs
Ques. Does Government Kamla Raja Girls Post Graduate (Autonomous) College provide residential facilities?
Ans. There are three hostels at the campus with a capacity of 200-225 in each. Hostels have all modern facilities including Dining hall, washing machine, medical room and Wi-Fi.
Ques. Does Government Kamla Raja Girls Post Graduate (Autonomous) College offer admissions to international students?
Ans. No, such provision has not been made by the college administration as of now.
Ques. Has Government Kamla Raja Girls Post Graduate (Autonomous) College adopted the Choice Based Credit System (CBCS)?
Ans. The college follows the rules of the Department of Higher Education, Government of Madhya Pradesh for evaluation. It will offer the CBCS system only on certificate courses.
Ques. How many seats are reserved in Government Kamla Raja Girls Post Graduate (Autonomous) College for students from reserved classes?
Ans. There is a provision for 15% and 7.5% reservation for SC and ST students respectively. 27.5% seats are reserved for OBC students.