Oxford College of Science was founded in the year of 1994. It is affiliated to Bangalore University. The Oxford College of Science is accredited with “A’ grade by NAAC and by International Accreditation Organization (IAO).
At present, the college offers BCA, B.Sc, MCA and M.Sc programs in various specializations at UG and PG level. The college ranked All India 41st by India Today 2021.
Some of the popular course offered by the college includes Post Graduate courses such as M.Sc in Microbiology, Biotechnology, Mathematics, Physics and Statistics. Oxford College of Sciences also offers a very popular Diploma course in Cellular and Molecular Diagonostics.
Application form can be filled by visiting the official website of the Oxford College of Science . The minimum eligibility criteria for B.Sc and BCA is a minimum 10+2 pass while for M.Sc and MCA programs a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline in mandatory.
The placement record of the college is quite good. Every year almost 90% students get successfully placed in reputed companies.
Oxford College of Science Key Points
- Oxford College of Science ranked 1st amongst the private college in Karnataka for the last 3 year by The Week Hansa Research Survey
- The Oxford College of Science also ranked in top 5 among private colleges in Karnataka for 15 consecutive years.
- The Oxford Science Skill Enhancement Centre (TOSSEC) offers Value added program, Certificate Programs, Workshops, In-house Projects, MOOC’s, Vocational training programs for Skill Enhancement
- The Placement Cell has a record of providing placements to 90% of the students enrolled for Placement. As many as 119 reputed companies are associated with the college who organizes for recruitment programs every year.
Oxford College of Science Rankings
- Ranked 41st (All India) for B.Sc by India Today
- Ranked 12th (All India) for B.C.A by India Today
- Ranked 1st in Karnataka amongst private colleges for last 3 consecutive years by The Week Hansa Research Survey 2018
Oxford College of Science Courses and Fees
|Program||Program Details||Selection Basis|
|B.Sc in Microbiology C.Z.Mb||
|B.Sc in Biotechnology C.Z.Bt|
|B.Sc in Biotechnology Bc.Gt.Bt|
|B.Sc in Microbiology C.Z.Mb|
|B.Sc in Biochemistry B.Z.Mb|
|B.Sc in Biochemistry Gt.Mb.Bc|
|B.Sc in Computer Science PMCs||
|B.Sc in Computer Science EMCs|
|B.Sc in Electronics|
|B.Sc in Computer Science SMCs|
|B.Sc in Fashion and Apparel Design||
|M.Sc in Microbiology||
|M.Sc in Biotechnology||
|M.Sc in Biochemistry||
|M.Sc in Applied Genetics||
|M.Sc in Mathematics||
|M.Sc in Electronic Science||
|M.Sc in Chemistry||
|M.Sc in Statistics||
|M.Sc in Physics||
|B.A in English||
|Postgraduate Diploma in Cellular and Molecular Diagnostics||
Oxford College of Science Placement
The college has a very active Placement and Training Cell, that focuses on providing on-campus placements for the final year students.
Some of the major courses that have the maximum possibility of getting recruited are B.Sc. (Hons) in Computer Sc., Microbiology, B.C.A, M.Sc. in Statistics, and MCA. The placement cell of Oxford College of Science has very good connection with the top recruiters over the nation.
- The Placement Cell arranges for around 156 pre-placement activities
- The best salary package offered by a reputed company to the selected students is 4.5LPA
- Almost 119 reputed companies visit the campus over every year to recruit students
Some of the notable recruiters are-
|Abott||NTT Data||Induslnd Bank|
QUES 1. What is the admission procedure of Oxford College of Science?
Ans- Students can avail both the direct admission process or Online admission process.
Process of the Online-mode of Application is-
- Login to www.theoxford.edu
- Select the Science Stream
- Fill up the form with correct details
- Upload the documents for verification
- Pay the application fees online
QUES 2. What is the Fee structure of M.Sc and B.Sc programs?
Ans- The fee structure of the 3- year B.Sc programs is INR 75,000, and the 2-year M.Sc Programs is INR 1,00,000.
QUES 3. How is the faculty of the various departments of Oxford College of Science?
Ans- All the faculty members of all the departments are highly qualified and have a minimum of 5-6 years of teaching experience. Professors are strict but very cooperative.
QUES 4. What is the basic selection criteria for admission in Oxford College of Science?
Ans- The basic selection criteria for admission to Oxford College of Science is based on the merit of the candidates followed by a Personal Interview. Students applying for M.Sc course need to qualify KMAT/PGCET exam too.
QUES 5. Does the Oxford College of Science offers for any extra training facilities to its students?
Ans- Yes, the Oxford College of Science offers for many special training facilities to its students. The Oxford Science Skill Enhancement Centre (TOSSEC) of the college offers programa such as Value added program, Certificate Programs, Workshops, In-house Projects, MOOC’s, Vocational training programs for Skill Enhancement.