IIT Delhi Department of Management Studies was established in 1993 and launched its first MBA program in 1997. It is regarded as one of the best institutes for mananwemeht studies in India and is placed at the eighth position according to the NIRF rankings.
The curriculum is designed in order to meet the changing needs of the business environment and the industry. The Institute currently offers a 2 year full time MBA program, a 3 year part time program and a 3 year Executive MBA program. The students are selected after a rigorous screening process which includes performance of the candidate in CAT, followed by a group discussion and personal interview.
Students at DMS, IIT Delhi are trained by eminent faculty who are experienced professionals from India as well as abroad. The placement record of the Department is quite impressive with the 83 offers made for the 2018-2020 batch, which achieved a 100% placement record. The highest salary package offered to the students was INR 33 LPA and the average salary package offered was INR 22.69 LPA. Top recruiters visiting the DMS, IIT Delhi campus were well- known companies like Reliance Industries Ltd., Wipro, Amway, OLA and others.
DMS, IIT Delhi Key Points
- The Institute provides world class IT infrastructure with facilities like hostels, library, wi-fi campus, hi-tech classrooms and others.
- The Department of Management Studies is spread across an area of 320 Acres.
- The Institute has successfully managed to maintain a 100% placement record.
- Admissions are done on the basis of Selection Index which is computed by taking into account 7 parameters- CATA Score, Bachelor’s degree, 12th marks, 10th marks, Work Experience, Gender diversity and graduation from IIT/NIT.
DMS, IIT Delhi Rankings
- The Department of Management Studies is ranked 8th in the NIRF rankings 2020.
- The India Today group and Financial Express ranked DMS, IIT Delhi 9th in 2020.
- The institute has been ranked 15th by Business Today in 2020.
- DMS, IIT Delhi falls in the 101-150 rank band according to the QS World University Rankings 2020 in the Business and Management Studies category.
DMS, IIT Delhi Courses & Fees
The institute specializes in management courses and offers 3 related programs in the said field. Admissions to all these courses are entrance based, with students selected on the basis of CAT performance and several other parameters.
The courses offered by DMS, IIT Delhi and their respective details are given below.
DMS, IIT Delhi Cut Off
DMS, IIT Delhi shortlisted eligible candidates for the Personal Interview round only if they secure more than the minimum CAT cut off set by the Institute.
Tabulated below are the cut off marks across 3 years and the cut off for different categories in different sections.
|Categories||CAT 2018||CAT 2019||CAT 2020|
|Overall Cut Off||90||90||90|
|Sectional Cut Off||80||80||80|
DMS, IIT Delhi Placement
|Category||VARC||DILR||QUANT||Overall CAT Percentile|
DMS, IIT Delhi Placement Highlights
The Institute has a dedicated placement cell called the Campus Relations Team and has successfully managed to maintain a 100% placement record. The placement cell at DMS, IIT Delhi is constantly in touch with the reputed companies and organisations and is responsible for organising pre placement talks and visits on the campus. The resumes of the interested candidates are shared with the organisations and before the campus recruitment process begins. It ensures that the potential employers are constantly involved throughout the year through summer internships, guest lectures, Workshops and other activities.
- 83 offers were made for the batch of 2020, which comprised 68 students.
- The highest Salary Package Offered was INR 33 LPA
- The average Salary Package Offered was INR 22.69 LPA
- The median Salary Package Offered was INR 20.01 LPA
- Students from the IT, General Management, Operations & Supply Chain, Finance, Sales & Marketing departments bagged the maximum placement offers.
- Coca Cola
DMS, IIT Delhi Scholarships
DMS, IIT Delhi does not award any scholarships. However, a scheme for the award of Teaching/Research Assistantship for providing financial assistance to those students who are admitted on full-time basis are considered.
Students under this scheme are required to render 8 hours of teaching/research assistance to the Department outside their normal academic work.The maximum duration for which this can be awarded to any Ph.D. student is 4 years. Continuation of the Assistantship depends on the academic performance, a minimum of 7.50 CGPA in course work each semester and minimum prescribed attendance requirement which needs to be fulfilled.
DMS, IIT Delhi FAQs
Ques. Is submission of Statement of Purpose compulsory for pursuing the Ph.D course at IITD DMS?
Ans: Yes, it is compulsory for the students to submit a Statement of purpose for admission to the Ph.D course offered by IIT Delhi DMS. This is one of the parameters candidates are judged on the basis of, apart from interviews and academic performance.
Ques. How much weightage is provided to each parameter for calculating the Shortlisted Index at DMS, IITD?
Ans: The Shortlisted Index during admissions at DMS, IITD is calculated by taking into account 7 parameters.
|Graduate from IIT/NIT||5|
Ques. Does DMS IIT Delhi accept GMAT Score?
Ans: No, DMS IIT Delhi does not accept GMAT scores. It only accepts CAT scores for admission to MBA courses.
Ques. What are the research areas offered in the Ph.D course at DMS IIT Delhi?
Ans: The research areas offered by the Ph.D course in Management at DMS IIT Delhi are Economics, Finance and Accounting, Information Technology and Systems, Marketing, Operations and Supply Chain Management, Strategy and Technology Management.
Ques. Can foreign students apply for admission to DMS IIT Delhi?
Ans: Yes, foreign students can apply for admission to the MBA courses offered at DMS IIT Delhi. They need to have a valid score in GMAT or TOEFL to apply. They must also have a bachelor’s in a relevant field of study with a score of 60% or equivalent.