Indian School of Business (ISB) was established in the year 2001. It was among the top-ranked institutions globally. Financial Times Global MBA Rankings gave ISB 23rd rank in the year 2021. ISB Hyderabad main courses are the postgraduate programs in management and business.
The admission process of ISB Hyderabad is mainly dependent on the aspirant’s marks in their last passed exam along with their score in the entrance examinations like GMAT, GRE etc. There are some more criteria an aspirant requires to get admission in ISB. These include a minimum working experience of 2 years, a bachelor’s degree in any of the specializations and many others, which I’ve listed below. In this entrance exam of ISB one also needs a minimum score of 600 in GMAT and 311 in GRE.
Two of its main campuses are in Hyderabad (Telangana) and Mohali (Punjab). It received its AMBA (The Association of MBAs) accreditation on 12th May’2002 making it the a100th triple-accredited institution in the world. Along with this, the Mohali campus also hosts four other research institutes:
- Max Institute of Healthcare Management
- Bharti Institute of Public Policy
- Munjal Institute for Global Manufacturing
- Punj Lloyd Institute of Infrastructure Management.
This world wide known university has also seen steady growth in their sector of placements in the year 2020. Most of the students were placed in top companies like Amazon, J.P. Morgan, Goggle, Microsoft and many others. This institution also provides a number of scholarships.
ISB Hyderabad: Highlights
|Accredited by||AMBA, EQIS, AACSB|
|Set by||Mr. Rajat Gupta and Mr. Anil Kumar|
|Director||Mr. Chandan Chowdhury|
|Campus area||260 acres|
|Entrance exam||GMAT , GRE, TOEFL, IELTS|
|Courses offered||PGP, AMP, Executive Education, Doctoral programs .|
ISB Hyderabad: Ranking
|FINANCIAL TIMES||Financial Times Global MBA rankings (2021)||23|
|FORBES||Forbes-Business school award(2019)||07|
|FINANCIAL TIMES||Financial Times Global MBA rankings(2020)||28|
ISB Hyderabad: Courses Offered
|Post Graduate Program in Management||12 months||
|Post Graduate Program in Management for working professionals||18 months||
|PGP in Management for Senior Executives||15 months||
|PGP in Management for Family Business||15months||
ISB Hyderabad: Admissions
Admission process of ISB is mainly merit based through entrance examination
How to Apply?
- The candidate must submit an application form with an essay, a recommendation letter and also their mark sheets before the last date of submission.
- The documents of the candidates reviewed and then the shortlisted candidates are called for an interview round.
- The interview date depends on the round you submitted your application.
- It is advisable that students must submit their application during round 1.
- Overseas applicants have an option to opt for a Skype or a telephonic interview.
There are some criteria that one has to follow for taking admission in ISB. They are:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any of the specializations.
- Valid scores in GRE or GMAT
- A minimum working experience of 2 years
- TOEFL or IELTS scores are necessary if the candidate’s graduation language medium was not English.
The cut off marks required for an applicant to take admission in ISB is :
- A score of 600 in GMAT
- A score of 311 in GRE
ISB Hyderabad: Placements
In the year 2020 ISB Hyderabad saw remarkable growth in the placement sector.
Approximately 231 companies visited the placement process. The following are some of the notable companies that visited ISB for recruitments in 2020 session are:
|Oyo Rooms||Reliance Industries||Rivigo|
A pie chart of function wise total offers is given below:
The following is the placement packages offered to the students of ISB in the 2020 session.
|INDUSTRY||AVERAGE CTC (INR)||CTC RANGE (IN LAKHS)|
|Marketing||28,40,000||26 to 30|
|High Technology Electronics/Manufacturing/Service||27,25,000||20 to 32|
|Telecommunications||26,66,667||25 to 28|
|Technology||26,62,890||20 to 37.22|
|Consulting||26,48,943||19.2 to 33.67|
|IT/ITES||24,82,689||19 to 34.2|
|Transportation/Logistics/Operations||23,80,000||18 to 27|
|Oil/Energy/Petroleum/Minerals||23,54,638||19.5 to 35.01|
|E-Commerce||23,39,390||19.8 to 29.3|
ISB Hyderabad: Scholarships
ISB never ceased to fund for the scholarships of dedicated and deserving students. Some of their scholarship programs are discussed below:
- Merit Waivers: (PGP)
The scholarship is awarded to candidates based on their overall weighted scores at the end of the selection process. Up to 40 scholarships varying from INR 5 Lakhs to full tuition fee are awarded to eligible candidates.
- Need-Based Waivers: (PGP)
ISB and Corporate donors’ together award up to 40 scholarships of INR 5 Lakhs each to deserving candidates whose family income is not more than INR 12 Lakhs (including applicant’s pre-ISB income). Candidates have to submit an essay and proof of income to be eligible for the need-based waiver.
- Bridge to India: (PGP)
This scholarship is given to Indian origin students currently working abroad, who plan to move back to India. INR 5 – 10 Lakhs scholarships are awarded to up to 5 students. Eligible students would have to submit an essay for the same.
ISB Hyderabad: Facilities
Whenever the names of the top colleges appear, ISB never ceases to cross our mind. It has an enormous range of facilities provided to 890 students under 260 acres of land. These facilities include:
- Hostel facility for students coming from abroad. There are 4 hostels which can accommodate 130-210 students each.
- Lecture theatres which have broadband internet connectivity. This helps the student in ways of digital learning. They can get access to the internet on the college campus whenever they want.
- Auditorium that can accommodate 500 candidates and more is one of the most significant facilities of the university. This helps the institution to deal with programs, conferences, meetings and many more.
- Library facility 24*7. The students of the university are given library facilities all the time. At any point of time students are allowed to visit the library which gives them 24*7 access to books.
- The ATM facility inside the campus makes it easier for the students to collect cash whenever they are in need. They don’t even have to travel.
- Computer labs make software oriented labs easier.
- Canteen facility for access to food all the time,
- Recreational centre for sports which includes indoor and outdoor games. From football, cricket to table tennis,chess. All the facilities are provided by the institution.
- Counselling for students are also available.If anyone faces any problem regarding their pressure or mental health can come up here for the counselling process which in turn helps the students to focus more on the studies.
ISB Hyderabad: Faculty
- ISB being a well known college of the 21st century consists of an extremely talented and qualified list of faculties.
- They are not only knowledgeable about their respective streams but also know how to teach the students about morals, patience, punctuality and other life lessons.
- At present, ISB has approximately 65permanent faculties and 104 visiting faculties who are from Wharton, Kellogg, Harward, UNC and other top notch international universities.
ISB Hyderabad: FAQs
Ques) Does ISB accept CAT scores?
Ans. ISB doesn’t accept CAT scores rather it requires a valid GRE OR GMAT score.
For GRE it requires a minimum of 311 score and for GMAT it requires a minimum of 600 score.
Ques) What is the total fees one has to pay for ISB’s management programs?
Ans. One has to pay an amount of Rs 35,98,940 for shared accommodation and an amount of Rs 37,48,800 for studio accommodation approximately.
Ques) What is the international placement scenario for ISB Hyderabad?
Ans. ISB Hyderabad is gradually improving in terms of international placements. In the year 2020 it had only 2 percent of students managed to get an offer letter for international services. But , ISB provides Outbound Exchange programs which allows its candidates to spend two terms in any international business school.
Ques) What are the course duration for management programs of ISB?
Ans. ISB starts with preterm and orientation courses to help students get accustomed with the campus, hostel, student life, culture and the city. This is followed by 8 terms. each term has a duration of 6 weeks. The first four terms are focussed on the core subjects and the next four are for elective papers.
Ques) Is previous work experience important for an admission in ISB?
Ans. Previous work experience of at least 3 years is mandatory to take admission in ISB Hyderabad. The period of work experience needed for ISB admission varies according to the course one selects.