Berhampore College which was formerly known as Raja Krishnath College of Commerce, established in the 1963 introduced arts stream in 1971. The College is now affiliated to the University of Kalyani.
The College offers Undergraduate Courses in B.A, B.Sc, B.Com (Honours) and in General courses, it also offers distance learning education (M.A) in three specializations.
Berhampore College offers B.A (Honours) program in 8 specializations, B.Sc (Honours) in 3 specializations and General Courses in 10 specializations.
Admission to all the courses available is only Merit-based. The application for admission will be soon released on the college website.
Berhampore College Admission Date
|Registration Start Date||Jun 1, 2022|
Berhampore College UG Admission Criteria 2022
Berhampore College is offering various UG Courses in different Specializations. It is a 3 years course divided into Six semesters. Students will be selected based on the scores of their last qualifying examinations. The following are the UG courses with their Specializations
|B.Sc||Economics, Mathematics and Geography|
|B.A||English, Bengali, History, Geography, Philosophy, Sanskrit, Political Science, Economics,|
|General Courses||Film Studies, History, Geography, Philosophy, Mathematics, English, Economics, English (LLC), Political Science, Bengali|
Berhampore College UG Eligibility Criteria:
- For B.A/B.Com, candidates must have passed Class XII from any recognized Board or Institution.
- For B.Sc Course, candidates must have passed class XII with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology as major subjects.
- Candidates must have (for honours courses) at least 45% aggregate marks or 55% marks in the subject or in related subject / 50% aggregate marks and 45% in the subject/55% in aggregate, if not studied the subject in the last qualifying exam.
- There is a relaxation of 5% for SC/ST (For honours courses)
Berhampore College UG Selection Criteria:
- Candidates will be given admission based on the merit list that will be generated by the College Post submission of Application form
- Seats will be allotted after Counselling.
- If seats are left, further list will be released for admission
How to Apply?
- Visit the official website of Berhampore College and click on ‘Apply Now’ tab
- Fill all the required information and enter the mathematical answer and then Log in
- An application number will be provided by College through SMS which will be required for future reference
- After successful login, click on the “Fill-Up Application Form” and correctly fill all the appropriate fields.
- Select the desired program from the given options of UG Programs.. Upto 3 courses can be selected by the Candidate.
- Upload recent passport sized photograph
- See the preview of the form by clicking on the Preview button and make sure all the information provided is correct.
- Pay the Application fees by clicking on the “make Payment” button. Pay the fees only by Debit/Credit card or Net banking
- Take a print out of the Application form and the payslip for future use.
- Birth Certificate
- Class Xth Marksheet
- Class XIIth Marksheet
- Certificate for EWS (If Have)
- Certificate of PwD (If Have)
Berhampore College MA Admission 2022
MA course is provided by Open & Distance Learning Education, 2years (PG Course) is offered in Berhampore College. Candidates will be selected according to the generated merit list. The specialization offered are English, Bengali, History
Berhampore College MA Eligibility Criteria:
- Students must have a Bachelor’s degree from any recognized University to be eligible to apply.
Berhampore College MA Selection Criteria:
- Students will be selected based on the merit-list that will be generated and released on the college website.
How to Apply?
- Candidates can visit the website.
- Candidate must fill in the details like NAME, DOB, valid mobile number & Email-ID to generate the application number
- Candidates need to log in and choose the desired M.A Course and fill in the application form with the required personal and academic information
- Candidates need to upload recent passport size photograph and scanned documents
- Candidates must pay the application fees online through the “Make Payment” option. Debit/credit cards or Net banking are the available modes of payment.
- Print out of the application form and the pay slip must be taken out for future use.
- 12th Marksheet
- UG Marksheet
- Disability (PwD) certificate
- Valid Category certificate (OBC-NCL/ SC/ ST/ EWS)
Berhampore College Admission: FAQs
Ques. What is the Reservation Criteria of Berhampore College?
Ans. Berhampore College has reservations for seats for the reserved categories. For Unreserved Category, there are twenty one (21) seats; eight seats (8) are reserved for SC candidates; two (2) seats reserved for ST candidates; Four (4) seats reserved for OBC-A candidates; Three(3) seats reserved for OBC-B candidates.
|Category||Reserved seat (%)|
Ques. What is the number of Faculty for UG courses at Berhampore College?
Ans. There are experienced and well trained professors and assistant professors available in every stream. The following are the number of teachers in the UG courses:
- B.A- 34 assistant professors, Professors and Guest teachers
- B.Sc- 9 professors and Assistant professors
- B.Com – 6 professors and Assistant professors
Ques. What are the scholarships provided by Berhampore College?
Ans. The scholarship schemes that are provided to students by the College:
- SC/ST as well as Minority candidates get stipend according to the rules of SC, ST & Minority Welfare Department.
- Candidates can also get stipend as per the rules & regulations of Directorate of Public Instruction, WB.
Ques. What are the fee structures of UG courses at Berhampore College?
Ans. Berhampore College charges Admission fees (1styear) for the following courses as per charged in session 2020-21:
- B.A/B.Sc(Hons.) course – INR 1575/- to INR 2775/-
- B.A (gen) course – INR 1470/-
- B.Sc (Gen) course – INR 1635/-
- B.Com (Gen) – INR 1480/-
The application fee charged during admission is INR 50/- per subject.
Ques. Does Berhampore College provide any accommodation facility?
Ans. Berhampore College has accommodation facilities only for boys. 45 male students are given hostel facilities on the basis of merit-cum necessity.
The hostel does provide basic necessary facilities like furniture, Fans, Lights, wardrobe etc.
Ques. What are the other facilities available for students at Berhampore College?
Ans. The several other facilities provided by Berhampore College for its students are:
- The college Library – situated on the 2nd floor of the administrative building. The library is full of a collection of books, classics of national & global interest. Students can avail books as per requirement with their library card.
- Separate Common rooms for boys & girls which are also used as a reading or recreation rooms
- Computer Lab & Training – fully equipped computer labs are available in the College with 15 computers
- Canteen facility – students can get good food in affordable prices in the canteen
- Student’s Health Home Facility
- National Service Scheme (NSS)