Sir Parashurambhau college is an autonomous college in Pune, Maharashtra. The institution was established in 1916 and comes under SavitriBai Phule Pune University.
The institution has undergraduate, postgraduate, and Phd courses such as Bachelors of Arts(BA) in many specializations, Bachelors in Science(B.Sc), Masters of Arts(MA), Masters of Science(M.Sc), and phd in Chemistry, Geography, and mathematics.
Sir Parashurambhau College is going to start its admission process for the year 2021 by May or June. The admissions process can be delayed because of the second wave of coronavirus that the whole country is experiencing.
Sir Parashurambhau College will be conducting the admission process for their undergraduate courses, postgraduate courses, and Ph.D. courses. The admissions are done on the basis of marks scored in the previous examinations.
Here are some key elements to be taken into notice when applying for admissions to Sir Parashurambhau college:
- Marks of previous examinations are taken into consideration for admissions.
- The first come first serve basis is applicable to all the courses.
- Candidates shortlisted for Phd programs on the basis of master’s degree marks, have to give group interviews and personal interviews.
Sir Parashurambhau College Admission Dates
Below is the important dates to be taken into consideration when taking admission to Sir Parashurambhau College:
|Registration starting date||To be Notified|
|Last date to register||To be Notified|
|College releases merit lists||To be Notified|
|Interview rounds for Ph.D. students||To be Notified|
|Document Verifications||To be Notified|
|Counseling date||To be Notified|
|Commencement of New session||To be Notified|
Sir Parashurambhau College Course Details
|Bachelors of Arts(B.A)( 3 years)||
|Bachelors of Science(B.Sc)(3 years)||
|Bachelor of Commerce(B.Com)(3 years)||
|Bachelors of Business Administration(BBA)(3 years)||
|Masters of Arts(MA)( 2 years)||
|Masters in Science(M.Sc)( 2 years)||
|M.Com(Masters of Commerce)(2 years)||Commerce||
|Masters in Computer Applications(MCA)( 2 years)||Computer Applications||
|Doctor of Philosophy(Ph.D.)||
Sir Parashurambhau College offers admissions for undergraduate courses solely on the basis of marks scored in the previous examination. After the registration process is completed, the college is responsible for releasing merit lists for each particular course separately. Candidates who are applying for the Ph.D. programs will be shortlisted on the basis of marks scored in their master’s degree. Shortlisted candidates have to then give group interviewers and personnel interviews.
Sir Parashurambhau College Admission Process
- Candidates can find the admissions forms on the official website of Sir Parashurambhau College.
- Candidates have to choose the student login.
- Firstly, candidates have to enter in username and password which will be provided after the candidates fill in information such as name, mobile number, active email id. A message will be sent to the provided mobile number with the username and password.
- Candidates can use the provided username and password to log into the student portal. Candidates are strictly advised to only fill in a single admission form with the id provided.
- Candidates have to fill in personal and academic information such as name, parents name, date of birth, reservation, marks of 12th standard, marks of an undergraduate degree, marks of a postgraduate degree, etc.
- Candidates have to upload documents such as:
- Mark Sheet approved by the previously attended institution
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- The first page of the Bank passcode showing the IFSC Code.
- Caste Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Passport Size photograph
- Scanned copy of the signature of student and parent
- Candidates have to fill the undertaking form and Anti-ragging affidavit.
- Candidates have to pay the registration fees through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net banking.
Sir Parashurambhau College Admission FAQs
Ques. What is the process for getting admissions to Ph.D. programs at Sir Parashurambhau College?
Ans. Candidates who wish to pursue the Ph.D. programs are required to have a master’s degree. If a candidate is eligible, an admission form can be filled that is available on the official website of Sir Parashurambhau College. Candidates who are shortlisted on the basis of marks scored in the master’s course are then required to sit for the group discussion and personal interview. On the basis of marks and the interviews, the final decision will be made.
Ques. What is the registration fee required to be paid for admission to Sir Parashurambhau College?
Ans. The registration fee to be paid for applying to any course is Rs 200/-.
Ques. When will the admission process start for the undergraduate courses at Sir Parashurambhau College?
Ans. The admission process can be delayed as the 12th board exams are yet to start. Because of the virus, the process can take time.
Ques. What are the yearly fees of the Masters of Arts(MA) course at Sir Parashurambhau College?
Ans. The yearly fees for the masters of Arts(MA) (All Specializations) course in Sir Parashurambhau College are Rs 23,500/-.
Ques. What is the mode of application at Sir Parashurambhau College?
Ans. The mode of application in Sir Parashurambhau College is strictly online for undergraduate, postgraduate, and Ph.D. programs.