Dinabandhu Andrews College is a private co-educational institute established in 1956 and is situated in Kolkata, West Bengal. It offers courses at Undergraduate level and postgraduate level, admission in various courses like BA, BA (Hons.), B.Com, B.Com (Hons.), BSc, BSc (Hons.) at UG level, MSc in Zoology and Electronic Science at PG level. The admissions process for all courses is exclusively merit-based, and acceptance applicants must be submitted online, with an offline counselling process following.
Dinabandhu Andrews College Highlights
|Name of Institute||Dinabandhu Andrews College, BAISHNABNAGAR|
|Institute Type||Private University|
|Approved by||NAAC with B+ grade|
|Affiliated to||University of Calcutta|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG|
|No. of courses||7 courses across various streams|
Dinabandhu Andrews College Courses
Dinabandhu Andrews College provides courses in various streams like in science, arts and commerce for various specializations. The details of courses provided by DAC have been tabulated below:
Dinabandhu Andrews College Admission
- Candidates for UG courses are chosen based on their performance in HSC exams conducted by the West Bengal Council for Higher Education, CBSE, ICSE, or any other approved board, with a minimum of 50%.
- The admissions to the postgraduate program are completely merit based followed by a combined counselling conducted along with the University of Calcutta.
- 40% of the seats are reserved for the candidates on the basis of score in the qualifying examination.
How to Apply?
Admission to Dinabandhu Andrews College is done based on the online application. The steps for applying for the courses are given below:
- Firstly, applicants should visit the official website of Dinabandhu Andrews College.
- Then, from the dropdown list within the Admissions Notification section on the home page, applicants must select the UG/PG Admissions link.
- The applicant will find a link for applications at the end of the notice that has to be filled with the required information and documents
- The application fee for UG is INR 150 and the application fee for PG courses is INR 350.
- Application fee can be paid by using any method (Net Banking / Credit / Debit Cards).
- 10th Mark sheet
- 12th Mark sheet
- Graduation Mark sheet
- Post Graduation Mark sheet
- Passport-Size Photographs
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Caste Certificate, if applicable
- Income Certificate, if applicable
Dinabandhu Andrews College Placement
Dinabandhu Andrews College has the highest package offer of INR 1.71 LPA and average package of INR 1.51 LPA. In the year 2021 students offer direct campus placements in top companies like TCS, ICICI Bank, ICICI Prudential and more.
Dinabandhu Andrews College Facility
Following are the facilities of Dinabandhu Andrews College:
- Classrooms: In DAC there are 35 classrooms which includes 4 model classrooms and 2 Gallery type classrooms. All classrooms have sufficient lighting and fanning facilities with the capacity of 30 to 200 accommodations.
- Laboratories: In DAC, all laboratory-based departments have their well-equipped laboratories with instruments, equipment, tools, and kits of general and special nature.
- Library: The college library provides room for a large number of students to study during the entire span of college hours. The college library has more than 28000 books and 22 Indian Journals.
- Computer Centre: DAC has a computer centre which is fully air-conditioned and has facilities like electronic instruction board and High-Speed Internet connectivity.
- Hostel: DAC college provides separate hostels for both boys and girls along with individual rooms for each student.
- Wi-Fi: 24/7 high speed Wi-Fi connectivity is provided to the students. The college office has dedicated fixed Internet connectivity
- Students’ Canteen: Among the colleges affiliated with the University of Calcutta, the college has one of the biggest Students’ Canteens, where freshly cooked food is served at a reduced rate.
- Eco-friendly power back up system in the college: The college has established a 24 hour electricity backup system with the help of an electric power generator of 63 KVA and 30 KVA capacities. It also has 10 inverters.
- NCC and NSS Unit of the college: DAC has NCC (National Cadet Corp) Unit which is one of the oldest of its kind among the colleges affiliated to the University of Calcutta. And the college also has an NSS Unit as per Calcutta University guideline.
- Students’ Health Home: In DAC the students can avail the facilities of Students’ Health Home.
- Liquid Petroleum Gas: In Chemistry and Physics laboratories there is an adequate number of LPG based burners and these burners are commissioned by the Indian Oil Corporation.
- Other facilities: provided to the DAC students include canteen, sports playgrounds, transport facility, auditorium, music room, computer lab, parking, cafeteria, yoga room, conference hall etc.
Dinabandhu Andrews College Faculty
Dinabandhu Andrews College, Baishnabnagar provides quality education supported by a team of qualified faculty for the growth of the students. The various programs at college encourages enthusiasm in students for all-around excellence. Dinabandhu Andrews College, management is working under Dr. Somnath Mukhopadhyay (Principal)
- Associate Professor: 20
- Assistant Professor: 10
Dinabandhu Andrews College FAQs
Ques. Where is Dinabandhu Andrews College located? And how to contact the DAC?
Ans. Dinabandhu Andrews College is located in 54, Raja S.C. Mallick Road which is 24 Pargans (South) Baishnabnagar – 700084 West Bengal, India. Phone number – (033) 24304377, Fax no. – (033) 24300028.
Ques. Is Dinabandhu Andrews College providing scholarships?
Ans. Yes, Dinabandhu Andrews College provides scholarships. Scholarship is given to the students of all streamsbased on their academic performances at the Calcutta University examinations.
Ques. What are the facilities provided by Dinabandhu Andrews College?
Ans. Various facilities provided by DAC BAISHNABNAGAR are separate boys and girls hostels, medical centre, Sports ground, Library & Practical Lab, IT Centres, Auditorium, Canteen, Transport Facility, LCD Projectors, Conference Hall, Wi-Fi, Audio Systems, Parking, Seminar Room, CCTV, Alumni Services etc.
Ques. What is the application fee at Dinabandhu Andrews College?
Ans. The application fee for the undergraduate courses is INR 150 and application fee for PG courses is INR 350 in DAC BAISHNABNAGAR.
Ques. What are the documents required at the time of application at Dinabandhu Andrews College?
Ans. The documents required at the time of admission include print out of Bank Receipt of the fee deposited, mark sheets from 10th to Post Graduation, Transfer certificate, Discharge certificate, Character certificate, MPhil/ NET Clearance certificate (if applicable) and among others.