Nagindas Khandwala College, Malad (W), Mumbai, is counted among one of the best colleges in the western suburbs of Mumbai. It has been an important quality education for the last four decades. The ownership of this college is anonymous, but it was founded in the year 1983 by the Malad Kandivli Education Society.
- The college offers various undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral degrees.
- Nagindas Khandwala college is affiliated with the University of Maharashtra and runs privately.
- The University self finances itself.
- It has been re-accredited by UGC- NAAC with a grade ‘A’.
- The college bagged an excellence award from Indus Foundation in the year 2012.
- An ISO 9001:2008 certified educational institute is also the lead college status by the University of Mumbai.
- The college offers 22 courses across 6 streams.
- More than 6500 students are studying in the college and taking advantage of the various courses offered.
- In Nagindas Khandwala college, for undergraduate courses, candidates are selected based on the merit of the qualifying examination.
- Among the popular courses are BA and BCom.
- The Mumbai University has been ranked 81st by NIRF.
- A pass in the 10+2 or equivalent examinations is essential for admission to any of the courses offered by the institute.
- Nagindas Khandwala college has full-fledged facilities in arts, commerce, management, and information technology.
Nagindas Khandwala College Mumbai: Admission updates
The admission process to Nagindas Khandwala college for undergraduate courses can require a 10+2 pass or equivalent examination passed for admission in any of the courses offered by the institute.
- For admission in undergraduate courses, candidates are selected based on the merit of the qualifying examination.
- For admission and postgraduate courses, candidates are selected based on the performance in graduation.
- For admission in doctoral courses, the candidates are evaluated based on the entrance exam followed by a personal interview.
- Seats in Mumbai University are reserved as per the norms.
- Candidates are only eligible if they register with the University of Maharashtra before applying at the institute level.
- Application forms for admission to the courses can be filled online. Candidates must also fill the examination form for the college separately.
- The application fee is to be paid by an online payment mode which can be through a Credit card or Debit card, or Net banking.
- BSc candidates are required to have physics, chemistry, mathematics, biology at 10+2 level.
- Mathematics at 10+2 is compulsory for BSC information technology and computer science courses.
- The basic eligibility criteria for admission to the programs is a pass in HSC/ 10+2 from Maharashtra state board of Secondary and Higher Secondary education or its equivalent.
- 50% seats are reserved for minority quota including management quota (15%)
- The remaining 50% seats are given to open category candidates.
- 13% seats are reserved for scheduled caste and 7% for the scheduled tribe.
- 19% seats are reserved for OBC, 2% for special backward classes, and 3% for persons with disabilities.
- 2.5 % seats are reserved for NT 1, 3.5 % seats for NT 2 2 and 2% seats are reserved for NT 3. (NT- Nomadic Tribe).
Admission in undergraduate courses for 2021
The college offers various undergraduate courses, and key points of the same are as follows :
- Admission is open in undergraduate courses in Nagindas Khandwala college in the disciplines of arts, commerce, management, and information technology.
- The basic eligibility criteria are HSC/10+2 from Maharashtra state board of Secondary And Higher Secondary education or its equivalent. Selection of candidates is done based on merit in the qualifying examination.
- The application forms can be filled on the University of Mumbai website.
- The courses offered are BA, BCom, BMS, BMM, BSc BCom (honors).
- The candidates should note that preference is given to the candidates from Nagindas Khandwala junior college.
- For admission in BCom Honours and BMS, minimum marks of 40% are eligible for reserved category candidates.
- For BSc, IT merit is calculated based on marks in mathematics and statistics in HSC aggregate marks of HSC or SSC.
- For direct admission to BSc IT, second-year candidates with a post-HSC diploma in information technology computer technology/ computer engineering/ computer Science and allied branches will be eligible.
- In the academic year 2020-2021, a series of new programs have been added to the undergraduate programs. These include a bachelor of interior designing, bachelor of tourism and travel management, BSc honors integrative nutrition and dietetics, bachelor of management studies in e-commerce operation.
Admission in postgraduate courses for 2021
The college offers postgraduate courses in the disciples of arts, commerce, and science:
- The college offers postgraduate courses such as MA in economics and geography, MCom in accounting and Management, an MSc in information technology and microbiology.
- The selection process for these courses is done based on merit and personal interview.
- The candidate is eligible only if they have a BA with specialization in the relevant discipline.
- Admission and selection in MSC are done on the basis of the entrance examination.
- The applicant may apply online through the University of Mumbai website for admission to these courses. The application fee is to be paid online.
- In the academic year 2020-21, MSc geoinformatics academic program has been added to the postgraduate programs offered by the college.
Admission in doctoral courses for 2021
The college offers Ph.D. courses in various disciplines.
- Candidates are only eligible if they have a master’s degree in the relevant discipline.
- Courses offered by the college at the doctoral level have specialization in banking and finance, business management, and geography.
- The admission in Ph.D. courses is done on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination, entrance examination score, and personal interview
- The candidates aspiring for Ph.D. courses must apply on the institute level by filling the application form collected from the institute admission office.
- Application fee for doctoral courses is accepted in only cash and demand drafts.
Nagindas Khandwala College Mumbai: Application process
The detailed process of the application for admission into the college or the courses is as follows:
- First, visit the official website of the college, i.e. https://www.nkc.ac.in/Default.aspx.
- Click on the link for an online application form.
- Fill in the details very carefully and upload the required documents.
- Upload the scanned copy of your passport size photograph.
- For future references, save the application form copy.
- For offline mode, the candidate can visit the college office to collect the prospectus and the application form.
- The fees for the eligibility certificate are INR 50 for candidates of Maharashtra state and INR 200 for foreign students.
Here is a list of documents that you will require for the admission process at Nagindas Khandwala College. Please note that all the documents must be self-attested and then submitted. The documents must be submitted at the time of submission of the application form.
- Prescribed application form.
- Photocopies of 10th and 12th standard mark sheet.
- Photocopy of Christian minority certificate, if applicable.
- Photocopy of reserved category certificate, if applicable.
- Submission copy of the registration with the University of Mumbai.
- 10th and 12th standard school living and passing certificate.
- Migration certificate for students other than MH state board.
- Transfer certificate.
- Annexure A for foreign students.
Nagindas Khandwala College Mumbai: Quick facts
Some quick facts about the college are as under:
- Among the various facilities available at the college are the library, placement cell, welfare schemes, counselling cell, and gymkhana.
- The duration of all undergraduate courses is three years. And the duration of all postgraduate courses is 2 years.
- The college has been selected as the lead college of the University of Mumbai. It plays a leading role in the representation of adjacent colleges in the western suburbs of Mumbai.
Nagindas Khandwala College Mumbai: Rankings
The rankings of this auspicious college for as follows:
- The college has bagged 2nd position in university athletics.
- The college is assessed at the 5-star level by the national assessment and accreditation council (NAAC).
- The college is certified with ISO 9001:2008.
- The college was awarded the ‘Best college’ award by the University of Mumbai in the year 2011-12.
- The college also bagged the educational excellence award by Indus Foundation USA in 2012.
- Awarded best NCC cadet and best NCC leader at the hands of his excellency President of India
- The college has also received an academic brilliance award in 2013 from the education expo TV research wing for excellence in professional education and industry.
- The college is ranked first among India’s top 10 private higher education institutions for the best management practices and systems in the education world. India higher education grand jury award 2020- 2021
- The college has been ranked at the fifth position at Maharashtra level by education world magazine.
- Nagindas Khandwala college has been ranked 33rd at the all India level by education world magazine.
- The college has been awarded the Asian educational leadership award in the category of quality education by the global chamber of commerce industries and agriculture.
- The college also received the Ramakrishna Bajaj Foundation award for commendable work.
- Beqet award 2012 third place by National centre of quality management has also been awarded to the Nagindas Khandwala College.
Nagindas Khandwala College Mumbai: Courses and Fees
The courses offered by Nagindas Khandwala college and their fee structure can be inferred from the table below:
|COURSES||FEES (1ST YEAR ONLY)||ELIGIBILITY|
Nagindas Khandwala College Mumbai: Cut-offs
Nagindas Khandwala college admissions are conducted for the students on the basis of the cutoff declared by the college every year. The admission authorities prepare the college merit list 2021 on the basis of marks scored in the higher secondary examination. To download the merit list of Nagindas Khandwala college online follow the following steps:
- Visit Nagindas Khandwala college’s official website, i.e. https://www.nkc.ac.in/.
- Select the desired link of the selection list and Nagindas Khandwala college merit list.
- Enter your details like your name, name of the school, branch name, and password.
- Submit the details.
- Nagindas Khandwala college merit list 2021 will be displayed on the screen.
- You can download and save the college merit list 2021 copy.
As Nagindas Khandwala college has already released its first cut off list 2020-22 schedules, here are all the important dates:
- The first merit list will be released on 6th August 2021.
- Application fee payment and document verification will be commenced from 6 August to 11th August 2021.
- The second merit list of Nagindas Khandwala college can be expected on 11th August 2021.
- The application fee payment and document verification will begin from 12th August to 17 August 2021.
- The third merit list of Nagindas Khandwala college is expected on 17th August 2021.
- The application fee payment and document verification will be commencing from 18 August to 21st August 2021.
Nagindas Khandwala College Mumbai: Placements
Nagindas Khandwala college has an active career development cell. The college issue was that about 75% of the students get placed in the college – the highest and lowest packages offered around rupees 10,000 to 25,000 per month. Tata and Bajaj are among the top recruiting companies.
Nagindas Khandwala College Mumbai: Scholarships
Nagindas Khandwala college offers a number of scholarships and freeships for the students. To fulfil the eligibility criteria, the students must satisfy the following conditions can go through these important points:
- The conduct and the progress of the candidates applying for the scholarship for freeship should be satisfactory.
- The applicant of the scholarship for the freeship should be regular in attendance in accordance with the conditions governing the respective scholarship.
- The applicant should not be absent without prior permission.
- After the expiry date of the submission, the applicant of the scholarship on the freeship will not be accepted.
- The applicant should not apply for more than one free ship in the year.
The scholarships for free shapes that are offered by Nagindas Khandwala college can be accessed by visiting the official website of the college.
Nagindas Khandwala College Mumbai: FAQs
Ques: Does Nagindas Khandwala college offer a distance educational program?
Ans: No, Nagindas Khandwala college does not offer a distance education program affiliated with Mumbai University.
Ques: Is there any agent that can help me apply for Nagindas Khandwala college?
Ans: No, the college does not entertain any middleman or agents or middleman for admissions.
Ques: Does Nagindas Khandwala college have any hostel facilities for its foreign students?
Ans: No, the college does not have any hostel or a mess facility for its foreign students.
Ques: Is there a dress code to be followed on the campus of Nagindas Khandwala college?
Ans: Yes, students should strictly follow the dress code inside the campus.
Ques: Where can I get the prospectus and application forms?
Ans: The application material along with the college prospectus can be obtained from the college office counter between 10 and 12 a.m., known within the days of admission schedule.