Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, also known as KVASU, was established in the year 2010, by the government of Kerala. KVASU colleges are ranked 39 by the Indian Council of Agricultural Universities 2019 among the Agricultural universities.
The college provides 4 UG level courses, 4 Diploma courses, 4 PG level courses on various disciplines as well as offers a Phd.
The admission in the UG level programme is based on the Entrance Examinations of Kerala (CEE) and Veterinary Council of India (VCI) and for PG level courses the admission is based on the merit list.
Almost 50% of the students are selected for the placement.
KVASU provides scholarships, fellowships, and assistantships to meritorious students.
KVASU, Thrissur Quick Updates
- The tentative date of the application form for the 2022 batch will be August 2022.
- Candidates can fill the form either online and offline mode.
- The admission fees are 1020 for the general category and 520 for the SC/ST.
- The admission in UG, PG, and diploma is based on a merit basis.
- University mainly focuses on the study of the field of Veterinary and Animal Sciences.
- Out of the total seats for B.Tech, M.V.Sc., and Ph.D. Programmes, 25% of seats in each department are reserved for the students allotted by ICAR from the ICAR’s All India Entrance Examinations for Admission to UG and 15% of the total seats at each Veterinary Colleges for B.V.Sc. &A.H. programme from the rank list prepared based on the NEET UG 2020.
- Almost 50% of the students are selected for the placement.
- KVASU provides scholarships, fellowships, and assistantships to meritorious students.
KVASU, Thrissur Course and Fees
|Program||Specialization||Program Details||Selection Basis|
|Bachelor of Veterinary Science (B.V.Sc.)||Veterinary Animal Husbandry Extension Education, Veterinary Gynaecology & Obstetrics, Veterinary Surgery & Radiology, Animal Nutrition, Livestock Products Technology, Veterinary Microbiology, Poultry Science, Veterinary Public Health & Epidemiology, Veterinary Parasitology, Veterinary Pharmacology & Toxicology, Veterinary Physiology, Veterinary Anatomy, Veterinary Pathology||
||Entrance Test (AIEEA-UG)|
|M.V.Sc.||Poultry Science, Veterinary Surgery And Radiology, Veterinary Animal Reproduction Gynecology & Obstetrics, Veterinary Medicine, Livestock Production & Management, Veterinary Parasitology, Veterinary And Animal Husbandry Extension, Veterinary Physiology, Veterinary Public Health, Veterinary Anatomy & Histology, Animal Nutrition, etc.||
|Ph.D.||Animal Nutrition, Poultry Science, Veterinary Parasitology, Veterinary Medicine, Animal Reproduction Gynaecology & Obstetrics, Veterinary Anatomy & Histology, Veterinary Microbiology, Veterinary Pharmacology & Toxicology, Veterinary Physiology, Veterinary Surgery & Radiology, Livestock Production And Management, Veterinary Public Health||
KVASU, Thrissur Placements
Many candidates after completing the courses pursue banking jobs. So, Around 50% of students get placement.
- Below are packages provided by the students during the placement are:
|Highest Package||INR 5 LPA|
|Lowest Package||INR 1.8 LPA|
Some of the top companies that visit for the placement are:-
|Anand||Indian food technology|
KVASU, Thrissur Scholarships
Indian Institute of Hotel Management and Applied Nutrition provides various scholarships for their students. Below are a few of the scholarship provided by the institute:-
- Merit scholarship:- Merit scholarship is provided to the top 10% students of the meritorious undergraduate students of each batch
- Merit Cum Mean based scholarship:- Merit Cum Mean is provided to a maximum of 12 financially backward non-SC/ST students of each batch of the undergraduate programme of B.V.Sc.& A.H .and B.Tech..
- Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Senior Research Fellowship (SRF):- This scholarship is awarded to the students admitted for postgraduate and Ph.D. students respectively.
KVASU, Thrissur: FAQS
Ques) How many seats are reserved for the Diploma course?
Ans) Below table shows the discipline wise reserved seats:-
|Diploma in Dairy Science||30|
|Diploma in Poultry Production||30|
|Diploma in Laboratory Techniques||30|
|Diploma In Feed Technology||30|
Ques) What is the age limit for the M.V.Sc course?
Ans The maximum age limit shall be 40 years for the General category and 45 years for SC/ST category. Also, there is a provision for supplementary seats to the Departmental Candidates and relaxation of age is up to 49 years.
Ques) How many seats are reserved for MSc?
Ans) Below tables shows the discipline wise seats:-
|M.S. in Wildlife Studies||10|
|M.Sc. in Biostatistics||10|
|M.Sc. in Quality Control in Dairy Industry||6|
|M.Sc. in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology||15|
|M.Sc. in Applied Microbiology||10|
|M.Sc. in Animal Biotechnology||15|
|M.Sc. in Animal Sciences||10|
Ques) Which type of questions are asked on the Ph.D. entrance exam?
Ans) There is an objective type question on general knowledge and the questions from the subject in which students like to do their Ph.D., are the questions on the Ph.D. entrance exam. And selection will be done based on CGPA in the qualifying exam, score in the entrance exam, experience, published articles, interview, and the extracurricular activities of the candidate.
Ques) What are the documents required at the time of admission?
Ans) Below are the common documents required at the time of different courses admission:-
- Demand draft of online payment.
- Self-attached birth certificate.
- Cast certificate if eligible.
- Attached copy of the extracurricular activities like NCC.