Goa Institute of Management is rated among top 4 B-Schools globally in Positive Impact Rating Edition 2021. The institute is one of India’s best B-Schools and is ranked 48th in NIRF 2020 rankings. GIM is featured among Top Management Colleges in India and is popularly known for its flagship PGDM course offered in both full time and part time modes.
The institute also offers FPM programs at research level. The admissions to GIM’s PGDM program are based on candidate’s merit in XAT/ CAT/ GMAT/ CMAT scores followed by Personal Interview. A candidate’s past academic records and work experience is also taken into consideration during final selection.
A new Atal Incubation Centre was recently launched at Goa Institute of Management to encourage Goa-based startups. GIM AIC is also organizing several programmes to enable investments in startups in Goa and attract investors to the state.
GIM, North Goa Quick Facts
- GIM is an AICTE approved management school popularly known for its PGDM courses offered in 4 disciplines including Health Care Management.
- The courses offered by the institute are NBA accredited and selection is based on national level entrance exams followed by PI.
- GIM charges INR 17.21 Lakhs for its flagship courses. Candidates can also apply for scholarships such as GIM MBBS Scholarship, ACCESS and Tuition fee Waiver Scheme.
- Every year, more than 900 students from across the country are admitted to different courses of the institute.
- GIM has a Hi-Tech campus spread over 50 acres with state of art facilities including studio equipped classrooms, wi-fi, LCD projectors etc.
- The Faculty members of GIM are highly qualified and skilled. Almost 90% of them hold a doctorate degree and possess work experience of relevant years.
- GIM received the highest package of INR 25.6 LPA in 2021 placement drives and 16% of the students received PPOs from top notch companies including Infosys, Accenture, Deloitte, Cognizant etc.
GIM, North Goa Ranking
- Ranked 48 for MBA by NIRF 2020
- Ranked 50 for MBA by NIRF 2019
- Ranked 26 for MBA by India Today 2020
- Ranked 26 for MBA by India Today 2019
- Ranked 21 for MBA by The Week 2020
- Ranked 23 for MBA by The Week 2019
- Ranked 38 for Overall by TOI 2020
- Ranked 14 for Overall by TOI 2019
- Ranked 47 for MBA by TOI 2019
- Ranked 50 for Overall by Financial Express 2019
GIM, North Goa Courses & Fees
The detailed information about programs offered by the institute is mentioned below:
|Program||Program Details||Selection Basis|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)||
||CAT/ XAT/ CMAT/ GMAT followed by PI|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Health Care Management (PGDM-HCM)||
|Post Graduate Diploma in Big Data Analytics (PGDM-BDA)||
|Post Graduate Diploma in Banking Insurance and Financial Services (PGDM-BIFS)||
|PGDM Part Time||
||CAT/ XAT/ CMAT/ GMAT|
|Fellow Programme in Management (FPM)||
||SOP, LOR, Academic Performance and Work Experience|
GIM, North Goa Cut-Off
Tabulated below is the GIM, North Goa expected cutoff for general category candidates:
GIM, North Goa Placements
GIM Goa offers best placement opportunities to candidates along with industrial exposure. The institute witnessed participation of 125 new companies in 2021 placement drives. Mentioned below are the highlights of 2021 placement drives:
- The institute witnessed 98% placements across all streams.
- The highest stipend offered during the internship was INR 1,00,000.
- A total of 200+ offers were made and the highest package offered was INR 25.5 LPA.
- The average package offered was INR 10.71 LPA.
- Some of the top recruiters were A.O.Smith, AbInBev, Saint Gobain, Zasti.ai, Elastic Run, GEP, Ernst & Young, Asian Paints, JP Morgan Chase & Co, Citibank, ITC, Deloitte, Godrej & Boyce and Crompton Greaves etc.
The course wise placement statistics are as follows for batch 2019-2021:
|Program||Average CTC||Highest CTC||PPOs|
|PGDM||INR 10.71 LPA||INR 25.60 LPA||31|
|PGDM (HCM)||INR 10 LPA||INR 17.5 LPA||8|
|PGDM (BDA)||INR 11.7 LPA||INR 21.6 LPA||29|
GIM, North Goa Scholarships
GIM Maintains easy access and quality by providing scholarships for meritorious students. Additionally, it also provides financial aid to eligible candidates. Below mentioned are the details:
- Academic Competence and Excellence Scholarship Scheme (ACCESS): This scholarship is offered to 40 meritorious students enrolled in PGDM full time program. An amount of INR 4,00,000 is offered under this scheme.
- GIM MBBS Scholarship: Under this scheme, 5 scholarships each amounting to INR 4,00,000 is offered to candidates enrolled in PGDM-HCM program.
- Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme: Students whose family income is less than INR 8 LPA are awarded full tuition fee waiver.
Ques. What is your review on Goa Institute of Management?
Ans. GIM undoubtedly has one of the best campuses in India and it is truly state of the art. GIM’s cut off for CAT/XAT is around 85–88, which attracts students with a lot of potential and talent from diverse backgrounds spanning across various age groups. It is accredited by AACSB and has international exchange programs with the University of Antwerp, Belgium etc. It also conducts foreign language courses for full-time students. The PGDM program has seen 100% placements for the 2016–18 batch.
Ques. How is the PGDM (HCM) program of GIM Goa?
Ans. The Goa Institute of Health Management (HCM) Health Management Program is an intensive program for those looking to pursue a successful career in healthcare management. The program started in 2013 and in a short span of 5 years has significantly outstripped any other health management program in Asia. HCM positions accounted for 100% of all previous lots. The middle package, the highest package, and the lowest package have increased significantly over the years. HCM covers most of the healthcare sectors such as hospitals, pharmacies, medical equipment, public health, medical IT and health insurance.
Ques. What is the estimated cutoff for a PGDM HCM at GIM Goa?
Ans. HCM has no specific cutoff. Although academics play an important role, selection is still made by profile. Applicants with extensive experience in healthcare can be selected regardless of exam boundaries .Even so, non-science applicants have an equal chance because GIM prefers mass diversity.
Ques. How good is the Goa institute of management for MBA?
Ans. GIM is one of the top 50 B-schools in India. It has an extremely modern and hi-tech campus & a proper B-school environment to study. The fees for the 2 year PGPM is approx INR 17 Lakhs and the average package offered on campus is around INR 7-8 LPA. The pedagogy and research at GIM help bridge a gap between academics and industry. The faculty is par excellence. GIM has a strong alumni base and network. There are many initiatives by the alumni which motivate students to excel in academics and internships.
Ques. Is the new PGDM BDA at Goa Institute of Management good? How is its placement scenario?
Ans. GIM is one of the top MBA colleges in the country and has been giving 100% placements. Coming to Big Data Analytics course, it is one of a kind techno - managerial course where students are trained to become data savvy managers. It is a ratio of 60:40 technical and managerial courses. The teaching pedagogy is case based and on real time data. Coming to placements, the first batch of BDA had 100% summer internship placements, and it will continue for summer placements as well.