KJ Somaiya Institute of Management was established in 1981 in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It is an autonomous institute that is accredited by the NBA and approved by AICTE. KJ Somaiya Institute is certified by Bureau Veritas Quality International.
SIMSR offers both full-time and part-time Masters and Doctoral courses in different specializations. Most of the PGDM programs offered by KJ Somaiya Institute of Management are recognized as equivalent to an MBA degree by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). The institute has a total of 131 high-qualified and skilful faculty members. Along with other programs, it also customizes its management development and faculty development programs.
For admission to the KJ Somaiya Institute of Management, the candidate needs to qualify for the entrance exam. The candidates will get shortlisted according to their score in the exam, which may be followed by personal interviews and group discussions. The Institute accepts the applicants of CAT/XAT/GMAT/NMAT/CMAT for MBA, SET-MCA/MAH-MCA-CET for MCA, PET for PhD.
The institute holds a record of 99% of students placed, with the highest salary package of INR 28.5 LPA and its average salary package go around INR 10.05 LPA. Candidates get placed in the sectors of Banking & Insurance, IT Industry, Financial Services, Consulting, Manufacturing & FMCG, Conglomerate, and many such others.
KJ Somaiya Institute Of Management Highlights
|Established Year / Type||1981/Private|
|Affiliation||Somaiya Vidyavihar University (SVU)|
|Accreditation||NBA (National Board of Accreditation)|
|Ranking (2020)||Ranked 24 for MBA Private by Outlook 2020 Ranked 56 for MBA Private by NIRF 2020|
|Entrance Exams||CAT/XAT/NMAT/CMAT/GMAT/SET/MAH-MCA-CET PET|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance exams|
|Courses Offered||MBA, MCA, Ph.D.|
|Mode of Education||Regular/Part-time|
|Campus Area||60 acres|
KJ Somaiya Institute Of Management Ranking
|RANKING BODY||YEAR||STATE RANK||NATIONAL RANK|
|The Economic Times||2020||10||30|
KJ Somaiya Institute Of Management Courses Offered
More than 100 subjects are offered by IIT Delhi in various streams such as Engineering, Management, Science, Ph.D., etc. In the below-mentioned table is an overview of courses offered:
|MBA||Eligibility: 60% in graduation and 10+2 Subjects: International Business, Financial Services, Human Resources, Retail Management, Health Care Management, Sports Management Selection Criteria: CAT/XAT/GMAT/CMAT/NMAT|
|MCA||Eligibility: 50% in graduation (BCA) Subjects: Computer Applications/IT Selection Criteria: SET/MAH-MCA-CET|
|Ph.D.||Eligibility: Masters from a recognized college Subjects: Operations & Supply Chain Management, Financial Banking, Marketing, Data Science & Technology, General Management, Economics Selection Criteria: PET|
KJ Somaiya Institute Of Management Admission
KJ Somaiya Institute of Management is well-known for its part-time and full-time MBA programs along with an E-MBA, MCA, and Ph.D. in Management. The Institute conducts the admission process in three stages. Before filling the application form, candidates need to fulfil their minimum eligibility criteria. The admission process gets conducted based on merit marks. The application forms for all programs are available on the official website of the college. Below-mentioned is the details of the admission process of the institute.
How to Apply?
- The candidate needs to fill the application form online and upload the required documents with the application form.
- After submitting the application form, the candidate needs to pay the registration fee and save the receipt of payment with the copy of the application form for future communication.
- For the MBA program, the candidate must have valid marks in any one of the exams CAT/XAT/CMAT/GMAT
- Further admission process continues with Group Discussion and Personal Interview round
- Final admission to MBA will be based on the overall performance of the candidates
- For MBA Executive, candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of job experience after graduation is mandatory
- For a part-time MBA, candidates need to go through the PI round.
- For PhD candidates must have scored with valid marks for the admission process.
KJ Somaiya Institute Of Management Placements
The placement sessions of KJ Somaiya Institute of Management always have a great placement session. The institute also has a record to place up to 99% of students at a time. Candidates get recruited in top companies of National and International both. Sectors, where candidates get placement each year, are Banking & Insurance, IT, Manufacturing, FMCG, Financial Services, and Consulting. The facts related to the placement of KJ Somaiya Institute of Management are mentioned below:
- The highest salary package of the institute is INR 28,50,000 LPA
- The average salary package offered is INR 10.08 LPA
- In total, 165 companies have arrived for placement drive
Students Placement Highlights (Sector Wise)
|SECTORS||STATISTICS IN PERCENTAGE (2020)||STATISTICS (2019)|
|Banking & Insurance||31%||15%|
|Manufacturing & FMCG||13%||23%|
KJ Somaiya Institute Of Management Scholarships
The scholarship of K J Somaiya Institute of Management is distributed based on merit, needy, subject-based, and so on. A brief description of this scholarship is given below:
Need-Based Scholarships- This scholarship program is for those students who come from a financially weak background and not able to afford other government scholarships & loans. This scholarship is awarded every year only but when a student reapplies each year. The eligibility to apply for this scholarship is that the candidate must have documents for proves and whose family income is less than 3 Lakh per annum.
Merit-Based Scholarships– This program is open to all those candidates who have worked hard to score good grades in all previous academics. This scholarship will not only help the candidates but also it will motivate them to excel in academics.
Special Interest Scholarship: This scholarship is specially designed for all candidates from different backgrounds and interests. When the candidates fulfil the needs of special categories, they get qualified for the scholarship
KJ Somaiya Institute Of Management Facilities
- Hostels: There are two in-campus hostels for girls and boys. Hostels are designed with all the modern facilities like the internet, gym, laundromat, study room, and mess. Both the hostel offers more than 1000 beds for students.
- Library: The college has a rich collection of books with more than 9000+ books from various streams. The library area is covered around 7000 sq. ft. and it is fully computerized. Its online database includes CMIE, CRISIL, EBSCO, WARC, PROQUEST, etc.
- Sports Complex: All the facilities are available for all types of sports such as badminton court, basketball court, cricket ground, football ground, chess court, tennis court, running track.
- Labs: The computer lab is available with high internet speed.
- Other facilities: Along with the above-mentioned facilities, it also provides other services such as a cafeteria, hospital/medical facilities, Wi-Fi campus, A/C classrooms, Auditorium, Bus.
KJ Somaiya Institute Of Management Faculty
- Dr. Monica Rakesh Khanna (Director)
- Dr. Abha Ashish Wankhade (Asst. Professor)
- Mr. Abhijeet Uday Karmakar (Asst. Professor)
- Mr. Abhijit Rohi: (Visiting Faculty)
- Mr. Alok Jani: (Visiting Faculty)
- Mr. Abhishek Pratap Singh Bhaduria (Asst. Professor)
Ques. Why study at KJ Somaiya Institute of Management?
Ans. KJ Somaiya Institute of management is known as one of the best management colleges in India with a record of 99% placement, highest salary package of INR 28.5 LPA, and average salary package goes up to INR 10.05 LPA. The institute is spread over 60 acres of land and situated in the heart of Mumbai City. It also provides scholarships according to student’s academic performance and their financial needs.
Ques. What is the faculty-student ratio at the institute?
Ans. KJ Somaiya Institute of Management maintains a very healthy Faculty-Student ratio of 1:13; with 77 core faculty members, 52 of them are Ph.Ds. and 28 assistant professors are in the stage of completing Ph.D. Maximum faculty members have a couple of years of industry experience.
Ques. What are the infrastructure facilities available at the institute?
Ans. The institute is structured with well-furnished buildings, that consist of A/C classrooms, conference rooms, seminar halls, student’s hall, Wi-Fi-enabled campus, etc. Also, it provides the facilities of hospitals, hostels, libraries, sports complex, computer labs, and such others. The institute provides all the luxuries for comfort studies.
Ques. Are there any campus restrictions?
Ans. Yes. Based on the institute’s values and ethics it has set up some restrictions like no smoking/no alcohol/no non-veg. However, the institute encourages every candidate to resides on the campus to take the advantage of all the facilities. For those candidates who want to stay outside the campus, the institutes assist them in finding a good residential property. This applies to Foreigners/NRI candidates.
Ques. Does the college provide bank loan assistance to the selected candidates?
Ans. No there are no such facilities available in the institute but, it provides all the documents that a bank requires in processing an education loan.