Kristu Jayanti College established in 1999, has ranked 151 out of 200 top colleges of India in the year 2020 by NIRF. The college offers courses at undergraduate and postgraduate courses in disciplines like Arts, Commerce, Science, Management, Social Word, Law, Computer Application, Mass Communication, and Aviation.
Admission to the courses is merit and entrance-based. For Ug courses the admissions are merit-based. However, the college conducts in-house tests for BBA and BCA admissions. Admissions to PG courses other than MBA are based on the counseling process. For MBA, marks in entrance exams like CMAT, GMAT, CAT, MAT, KMAT, and PGCET are considered followed by GD-PI.
Some of the top recruiters of Kristu Jayanti College are Airtel, ICICI Bank, Google, Eureka Forbes, ACCENTURE, Amazon, Capgemini, Cognizant, Concentrix, and Deloitte with an average package of INR 4.5 LPA.
Kristu Jayanti College, Bangalore Highlights
|Established |Type||1999 | Autonomous Institute|
|Affiliated to||Bangalore University|
|Awarded as||Heroes of Bengaluru|
|Accredited||Grade ‘A’ by NAAC|
|Courses Offered||28 UG Programmes 14 PG Programmes 3 PG Diploma Programmes|
|Selection criteria||Merit and Entrance Based|
|Accepted Exams||CMAT, GMAT, CAT, MAT, KMAT, and PGCET|
|Application Mode||Both Online and Offline|
Kristu Jayanti College Rankings
KJC Bangalore has been awarded Heroes of Bengaluru for its excellent contribution in the field of education. Ranking wise this college is fourth-best B.C.A., 11th Best M.S.W, 18th Best Arts, 19th Best Commerce, 19th Best B.B.A, and 25th Best Science College in India. Ranking wise this college is 2nd best in B.C.A & M.S.W, 3rd best in Commerce & Arts, fourth-best in Science, and fifth-best in B.B.A. among the colleges in Bengaluru.
|MDRA survey 2020||Best emerging college of the century||2020|
Kristu Jayanti College Courses
The College offers Undergraduate and Postgraduate Courses in the streams of Management, Commerce, Computer Sci., Life Science, Journalism, Humanities, etc., and also one-year executive programs in management.
Kristu Jayanti College Admissions
The selection for UG courses is merit-based. The candidates are granted admission based on their 10+2 or other qualifying exam score followed by counseling. For some courses, applicants have to appear for Group discussion and interview rounds.
- The BCA applicants who did not have mathematics in 10+2 need to appear for an in-house mathematics exam.
- The BBA applicants from a science background need to appear for an in-house accountancy exam.
- For masters, programs candidates are selected based on merit and counseling process, and for some courses, applicants have to appear for group discussion and personal interview rounds.
- For the MBA Program, CMAT / GMAT / CAT / MAT score is also required.
- Candidates for the MCA course must also appear for K. M.A.T (for management quota seats) or PGCET (for regular seats).
How to Apply?
- Applicants can submit applications online for the courses they want to pursue.
- After successful application, applicants have to attend the interview/counseling round as scheduled.
- The dates for the counseling round will be announced on the website and via email.
- The applicants need to present all the original documents.
- The selected candidates in the interview need to submit all the required documents and fees for the first before the reporting date for successful admission.
- PUC / Equivalent Marksheet
- Degree Certificate / Equivalent Marksheet ( for P.G students)
- Conduct Certificate
- Migration Certificate ( for other than Karnataka State Board)
For Foreign Students:-
- Degree / Equivalent Mark sheet
- Residential permission from the police commissioner
- Equivalence certificate from AIU, New Delhi
- HIV clearance test certificate
- UG course: INR 300/-
- PG course: INR 500/-
- MCA Programme: INR 500/-
- MBA Programme: INR 1000/-
- Law Programmes: INR 300/-
- 1 year PG Diploma Programme (Working Executives): INR 300/-
Kristu Jayanti College Placements
A large number of reputed companies come to Kristu Jayanti College for recruiting and students receive good offers with an average package of 4.5LPA. More than 70 companies visit the campus every year and recruit a decent amount of UG and PG students.
340 UG and 300 PG students were placed in the academic year 2017 – 2018.
Some of the Top Recruiting Companies are Morgan Stanley, Google, Bosch, Oracle, Infosys, KPMG, HSBC, Deutsche Bank, EY CSC India, Airtel, ICICI Bank, Eureka Forbes, ACCENTURE, Amazon, Capgemini, Cognizant, Concentrix, and Deloitte.
Kristu Jayanti College Scholarships
- If the candidate belongs to the Backward class Category (IIA, IIIA, Cat-I & other Hindus) and Income should be below (Cat-2A, 3A, 3B) 1,00,000/- & for (Cat-I) 2.5 Lakh then they should be eligible for our scholarship program.
- The college provides scholarships to students who score well as well for those who require financial support. The name of the Scholarship is Kristu Jayanti Scholarship (KJS) scheme.
Kristu Jayanti College Facilities
- Hostel: Kristu Jayanti College Bangalore has 2 in-campus hostels, separated for Boys and Girls.
- Sports Complex: The college has a sports complex for Badminton court, Basketball court, Cricket ground, Football ground, Volleyball court, and Table tennis room.
- Labs: Available Facilities are Computer lab, Bioscience lab.
- Other Facilities include Library, Cafeteria, Gym, Hospital / Medical facilities, Wi-Fi campus, Shuttle service, Auditorium, A/C Classrooms.
Kristu Jayanti College FAQs
Ques. How many departments function at Kristu Jayanti College and what all courses are offered?
Ans. There are three different departments where various UG and PG course are offered:
- Arts, Commerce & Science: B.Com / M.Com / MA / MCA / BA / B.Sc / M.Sc / MSW
- School of Management: BBA / MBA / PGDM
Ques. Which are some of the student benefitting skill improvement centers at Kristu Jayanti College?
Ans. There are various skill improvement coaching centers at Kristu Jayanti college helping students towards reaching their goals. a number of these centers are:
- Centre for Employability & corporate Relations
- Centre for Civil Services coaching
- Centre for net / SET training
- Jayanti language learning Centre
Ques. Is Kristu Jayanti College, Bangalore good for a BCA?
Ans. Yes. The college is good for BBA. The Syllabus is perfectly industry-oriented. The Faculty is well experienced, skilled, and knowledgeable who helps you with a good understanding of the concepts and prepare you for the industry.
Ques. What are some tips for clearing an interview at Kristu Jayanti College?
Ans. The most important thing is to be confident and to be sure about the decisions you make and what you want.
- Try to anticipate the interviewer’s concerns and reservations.
- Prepare for some common interview questions.
Ques. Which extracurricular activities are famous for students at Kristu Jayanti College?
Ans. At KJC extra-curricular activities are also encouraged and given Importance. There are various associations and clubs for extra-curricular activities such as Film & Photography, Life Science Club, Psychology Club, Tourism Club, Erudite Club, Environment Club, etc
Ques. Are there any MoU’s with international institutions?
Ans. Yes, Kristu Jayanti College has signed MoU’s with multiple international institutions for students and faculty exchange programs. Some of them are:
- Appalachian State University of USA
- FHDW University of Germany
- Normandie School of Business, France