Presidency University Bangalore was established by the Presidency Group of Institutes in 2013. The Institute has been awarded 35th in Pan India and 7th in Karnataka. The university is known for its flagship B.Tech program, offered in 24 electives. For applying to the B.Tech program, candidates must qualify JEE Mains/ KCET/ COMED K followed by counseling.
Apart from B.Tech and M.Tech, Presidency University also offers BCA, BBA, B.Des, BA.LLB (Hons) programs. The Institute also follows a credit-based curriculum.
Candidates who wish to apply for the Ph.D. program must have a valid CSIR NET/ UGC NET/ GATE score.
Presidency University Bangalore Courses Offered
The below table provides an insight into some of the major courses offered by the University.
|BA LLB (Hons)||
||Valid CLAT/ LSAT/ PULAT score|
||Valid CLAT/ LSAT score|
||Valid CAT/ XAT/ MAT/ NMAT/ CMAT/ Karnataka PG-CET score|
||A valid score in JEE Main/ JEE Advanced/ KCET/ COMEDK/ PUEET or any similar National Level Exam.|
||Valid UGC NET/ GATE/ NET/ CEED score|
Presidency University Bangalore: Admission
Admission to Presidency University, Bangalore is based on both merit and entrance exam scores acquired in the National as well as State Level Entrance Exams.
Admissions to B.Tech program are provided based on a valid score in JEE Main/ JEE Advanced/ KCET/ COMEDK.
How to apply?
- Visit Official Website:Log on to the official website of Presidency University, Bangalore (link above) and click on apply now.
- Select Course/Programme:Students need to click on the link for the preferred school and select the preferred program (UG/PG).
- Register:After selecting the particular program, students need to register with the concerned school with basic details such as Email ID, Mobile number, etc.
After successful registration, students will receive registration details on their registered email ID which they can use to log into the portal.
- Admission Form: Log into the admission portal and start filling the Online Admission Form.
The form asks for basic details such as personal information, educational background, etc, and is straightforward to complete.
After successfully filling the form, evaluate all the information provided then save and proceed.
- Registration Fees:At the end of the admission form filling process, students will need to pay the mentioned registration fees, which can be paid through an online payment method. Save the receipt hence generated along with the admission form for future references.
Presidency University Bangalore Placement
- Presidency University provides ample opportunities for placements and offers an almost 80%-100% placement guarantee.
- Presidency University witnesses the participation of top companies in their placement drive with the highest recorded which was around 130 companies.
- The University conducts Internship drives twice for the B.Tech students. Most of the offers are paid internship offers and students can expect an average stipend of INR 5,000 per month.
- Few names of the companies providing internships areAccenture, EY, PPO, Thomson Reuters, Mahindra, SAP.
- The Highest annual package offered is INR 7 LPA and the average package is INR 3 LPA.
Some of the top recruiting companies that visit Presidency University, Bangalore for recruitment and job opportunities are
Below shown chart below represents the placement trend for Presidency University:
Presidency University Bangalore Scholarships
The University offers various scholarships under all programs. Most of the scholarships are merit-based, and therefore the scholarship amount depends upon the marks secured by the scholars. Details regarding Presidency University, Bangalore scholarships are given below:
Scholarships for BTech students:
- Candidates, who have secured quite 80 percent in school 12 with PCM, can get a concession on merit fee
- Candidates, who have qualified JEE Main, can rise to a scholarship of Rs 30,000 to Rs 40,000
Scholarship for Law, BBA, BCom, BCA, and B. Des students:
- Students, who have secured an aggregate of 90% or above, can get a scholarship of Rs 30,000
- Candidates, who have secured an aggregate starting from 80% to 89.9%, can get a scholarship of Rs 20,000
Scholarship for MBA students:
- MBA students are awarded a scholarship supported by the CAT/ MAT percentile. Candidates, who have secured quite 60 percent aggregate in school 12, are eligible for this scholarship.
- Candidates, who have secured more than 70 per cent in Class 10, Class 12 and graduation, can get a scholarship of Rs 35,000.
Apart from the scholarships mentioned above, the university grants few more scholarships under the tab of special scholarships and additional scholarships:
- Scholarships for students from the northeast: A concession amount of INR 25,000 is granted upon producing residential proof.
- Scholarship for students from Andaman and Nicobar: INR 25,000 is granted as a concession amount.
- Students having completed higher secondary education from Presidency Institutions with minimum 70% aggregate:INR 25,000 concession amount.
- Students with minimum 70% aggregate and parents in Defence Service/ Ex-Defence category:INR 10,000 concession amount.
- Students from Kendriya Vidyalaya having secured 70% or more aggregate:INR 25,000 concession amount.
- Child of a single parent with minimum 60% aggregate:INR 25,000 concession amount
- Orphans having secured minimum of 50% aggregate:Concession of 50% of the tuition fee.
- Students under SC/ST Category with minimum 60% aggregate:Concession of 30% of the tuition fee.
- Students under sports category representing State Level and National Level with a minimum of 60% aggregate:INR 25,000 concession for state level and 25% concession in tuition fee for National Level.
Presidency University Bangalore Facilities
The Presidency University has a humongous campus spanning across more than 60 acres and houses well-established infrastructural all-purpose facilities. A few of the noticeable facilities are listed below:
- Auditorium:The University has a well-established auditorium that has a housing capacity of more than 300 students at a time.
- Amphitheater:The University has a remarkable, open ground Amphi-Theatre surrounded by a lush green setting.
- Moot Court:Specifically built for the Law students, the moot court offers a basic set of government courts and conducts mock hearings for the students.
- Gym:The University has a well-equipped gymnasium for all-purpose fitness exercises.
- Hostel-Room:The institute provides well-designed and furnished hostel rooms with laundry services as well as indoor games accommodation and a separate gymnasium.
- Healthcare Facility:The University has an in-house healthcare facility that can be availed by the students as well as the faculty. It has major tie-ups with reputed hospitals in the city ensuring proper healthcare attention to its subjects.
Apart from the above-mentioned facilities, the institute offers few more perks for its students such asWi-Fi Campus, Transport, Cafeteria, Boardroom & Conference rooms, Bank and ATM, Post Office, stationery Shop, etc.
Presidency University Bangalore Faculty
The University harbors highly capable and qualified faculty. From the Administration to the faculty, every contributing individual is remarkable and holds a subject-oriented specialization and qualification from reputed universities around the world.
Presently, the Presidency University indulges little over 400 faculty members. Below Chart represents the number of faculty members involved in each department and the number ofa Ph.D. holder in each department:
Presidency University Bangalore FAQs
Ques. Can anyone get admission to the Presidency University without appearing for the entrance exam?
Ans.If the candidate fits the minimum eligibility criteria and course requirement allows a relaxation on the criteria of the entrance exam, then there is a high probability that the student can get admission without an entrance exam. However, it is advised to communicate the same with the Institute authorities to have a better overview.
Ques. Does the Presidency University enforce management/ reservation/ donation quotas?
Ans.No, the Presidency University does not enforce any management/ reservation/ donation quota and the admission is strictly merit-based for all students. Students can although avail the concessions and scholarships.
Ques. What kind of Personal Interview does the Presidency University conduct?
Ans.The University conducts personal interviews as a means of assessing the candidate’s capabilities in terms of aptitude, soft skills, course readiness, etc and asks very basic and general questions regarding personal details, few course-related topics, etc. which students can easily crack with proper preparation and brushing up through the previously taught topics. The Interview can be in-person or on a video call.
Ques. How good is Presidency University for B.Tech./M?Tech. courses?
Ans.Presidency University is a good choice when it comes to technical courses such as B. Tech or M. Tech. The reason being its immersive curriculum that equally and significantly imparts theoretical as well as practical knowledge. They follow a curriculum equivalent to BITS Pilani and have experienced faculties on board.
Ques. How good are the placements at Presidency University Bangalore?
Ans.Presidency University is comparatively new; however, it provides ample and good opportunities for the students with so many recruiting partners at its hand. The University guarantees 80%-100% placements for the high achieving students maintaining above 7 CGPA.