St. Joseph’s college was established in 1882 in Bengaluru, Karnataka and is an autonomous higher education institution. St Joseph’s College is affiliated with Bangalore University and has been re-accredited A++ by NAAC.
The Institution is also recognized as a “College of Excellence” by the University Grants Commission. St. Joseph’s College offers Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses comprising 52 courses in 7 streams.
Admission to St. Joseph’s College is based on merit and the candidates have to apply through the online application process.
The institute provides students with many facilities like Library, Hostel, Sports, Auditorium, etc. The students are also provided with excellent placement services that provide them with employment opportunities. Some top recruiters of the college are Deloitte, Walt Disney, Viacom 18, Capgemini, Dell, Wipro, etc.
SJC Bangalore Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1882 | Public (Autonomous)|
|Affiliated with||Bangalore University|
|Courses Offered||52 Courses across 7 streams|
|Popular Courses||B.Com, BA, B.Sc, BCA, M.Sc. Botany|
|Top Recruiters||Deloitte, Walt Disney, Viacom 18, Capgemini, Dell, Wipro|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Sports, Auditorium|
SJC Bangalore Courses Offered
St. Joseph’s College offers 52 courses across 7 streams namely arts, commerce, science, IT, life sciences, media studies and languages for the students. Their institution has undergraduate courses, professional courses and postgraduate courses that the students can choose from. The details of the courses and their eligibility criteria are mentioned below:
SJC Bangalore Admissions
The admission process for St. Joseph’s College, Bengaluru is through online mode only. The candidates are short-listed for the respective UG or PG courses they have applied for based on Merit.
How to apply?
Students who want to apply for a course in the college follow the below-mentioned steps:
- The application is accepted through online mode only.
- For applying online, the candidates can go on the website and register themselves as an applicant after which the candidate has to fill out basic personal details.
- Post completion of the registration process, a login id and password will be sent to the registered email id of the candidate which can be utilized to login into the college application.
- The candidate needs to fill out the details in the online application form and upload required documents with it including a scanned copy of a recent photograph of the candidate.
- After completing the application form, the candidate needs to pay the application fee through an online mode of payment to apply.
- The candidates can log in on the website of the college to check the status of the admission application.
SJC Bangalore Placements
St. Joseph’s College, Bengaluru has a placement cell that trains and guides students to be dynamic and industry-ready.
The process of placement for students in undergraduate and postgraduate courses starts with the college inviting reputed companies for placement drives where the students get to interact with prospective employers.
Some of the top recruiters who visited the college are Deloitte, Walt Disney, Viacom 18, Capgemini, Dell, Wipro etc.
SJC Bangalore Scholarships
St. Joseph’s College, Bengaluru offers management scholarships for brilliant students who have financial restriction due to their poor economic situation. The students are eligible to apply only in the 2nd or 3rd year of college for the scholarship. Some of the scholarships that the students who meet the eligibility criteria can apply for are:
- Minority Scholarship: The objective of this scholarship is to provide opportunities for higher education to meritorious students belonging to economically weaker sections of the minority community. There are two scholarships that the students meeting the eligibility criteria can apply for are Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities and Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses CS.
- SC/ST Scholarship: The SC/ST Scholarship aims to provide financial aid to brilliant students belonging to the SC/ST community who are economically weak. The scholarships that the students can apply for is Karnataka state-level scholarship and the central government scholarship that is Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students.
- MHRD Scholarship: The University Grants Commission grants scholarships to meritorious students to promote higher education. The scholarships that are covered under this scheme are Ishan Uday – Special Scholarship Scheme For North Eastern Region, PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship For Single Girl Child, PG Scholarship For University Rank Holders And PG Scholarship Scheme For Sc St Students For Pursuing Professional Courses
- Vidyaposhak scholarship: Vidhyaposhak Scholarship is focused on providing financial aid to merit-enabled students who want to pursue higher education but are unable to due to their economical situation. The aim is to provide financial assistance for education to enable the student to be financially independent and improving their economic and financial standing.
SJC Bangalore Facilities
St. Joseph’s College offers the following facilities for their staff and students on their campus.
- Library: The College has an excellent central library that possesses a wide collection of books and subscribes to various journals to cater for the academic needs of the students and faculties. The St. Joseph’s College library is one of the oldest with an assortment of books and reference material for educational purposes.
- Hostel: St Joseph’s College has a magnificently designed hostel for men with all the facilities that they would require during the stay including an internet facility for the staff and students.
- Auditorium: The Auditorium of St. Joseph’s College, Bengaluru was inaugurated in the year 2014 and is well-equipped with state-of-the-art technology and infrastructure for the utility of the students.
- Classrooms: The classrooms in St. Joseph’s College are ICT enabled which helps the students and faculty by providing a better teaching experience. The students can present PowerPoint presentations through ICT technology and faculty can also use the same for educational purposes.
- Laboratories: The Laboratories of St. Joseph’s College, Bengaluru are well-equipped and well-maintained by the faculty to fulfil all the practical educational needs of the students.
- Film and Animation Studios: St. Joseph’s College, Bengaluru has a state-of-the-art film and animation studio for mass media students which enables students to work with industry like equipment for a better learning experience.
SJC Bangalore Faculty
The faculty of St. Joseph’s College, Bengaluru are well-qualified and is focused on the all-around development of the students apart from building their academic foundations. The college has more than 300 academic staff out of which 31 hold PhDs. Degrees.
- School of Humanities and Social Science: Assistant Professors: 10
- School of Business: Assistant Professors: 23
- School of Physical & Chemical Science: Assistant Professors: 14
- St Joseph’s Institute of Information technology: Assistant Professors: 13
- School of Life Science: Assistant Professors: 15
- St Joseph’s Institute of Media Studies (SJIMS): Assistant Professors: 17
- School of language & literature: Assistant Professors: 23
SJC Bangalore FAQs
Ques. In my private business, I have a couple of years of experience. Am I eligible for the B.Com program?
Ans. The eligibility criteria for the B.Com program in St. Joseph’s College, Bengaluru requires the candidate to have passed all subjects in class 12th from any state board or equivalent in the relevant discipline.
Ques. Does St. Joseph’s College, Bengaluru have smart classrooms?
Ans. St. Joseph’s College, Bengaluru has state-of-the-art infrastructure and the classrooms are ICT technology-enabled. The classrooms are equipped with technology like interactive smart whiteboards and projectors which can be a very good tool for interactive learning for students.
Ques. What are the courses for Mass media in St. Joseph’s College, Bengaluru?
Ans. St. Joseph’s College, Bengaluru offers 3 undergraduate courses and 2 postgraduate courses in Mass Media. The undergraduate courses are BA in Visual Communication, Bachelor of Vocation in Visual Media and Film Making and Bachelor of Vocation in Digital Media and animation. Postgraduate courses offered by the college are MA in Journalism and Mass Communication and MA in Advertising and Public Relations.
Ques. What are the subjects in the undergraduate course of Environmental Science in St. Joseph’s College, Bengaluru?
Ans. The undergraduate course of Environmental science is a 3-year course divided into 6 semesters. Some of the subjects covered under the course are Divisions of the Environment, Ecology, Natural resources and Management, Air water and land pollution and Soil Analysis.
Ques. How is the sports facility of St. Joseph’s College, Bengaluru?
Ans. St. Joseph’s College, Bengaluru has active teams for the games cricket, football, basketball, throwball and table tennis. The college also has an athletic team and the faculty encourages students to participate in sports for their overall development.