Indian Law Institute, popularly known as ILI is one of the top government law institutes in India. It is ranked 18th by NIRF Law Ranking 2020 and 13th by NIRF Law Ranking 2019. The Deemed to be University was established in 1956 and is situated in Delhi NCR. It is approved by the Bar Council of India (BCI) and is accredited by NAAC with a Grade ‘A’.
The most opted programs at Indian Law Institute (ILI) are LLM and Post Graduate Diploma programs. Admissions to these programs are based on ILI CAT/ IPU CET and merit-based respectively. The varsity also offers a Ph.D. program in Law for which it considers the UGC NET/ JRF scores for admission. However, the selected candidates for the Ph.D. program are called for the further interview process.
Indian Law Institute Key Points
- Indian Law Institute recently got categorized as Bond A Institution by ARIIA 2020 in the category of “Government and Government Aided Universities’ ‘.
- The Deemed to be University is accredited by NAAC with Grade ‘A’.
- The one-year LLM program is mostly preferred at ILI.
- Indian Law Institute fee for the LLM program is INR 80,000 along with INR 12,000 fee for other miscellaneous things.
- The faculty of the Indian Law Institute has an average work experience of 10 to 15 years.
Indian Law Institute Rankings
ILI New Delhi has been ranked by various reputed organizations many times. Tabulated below are the details of the rankings of the varsity:
Indian Law Institute Courses and Fees
ILI New Delhi offers postgraduate and doctoral degree programs in the field of Law. Tabulated below are the details of the courses offered by the varsity:
|COURSE||COURSE DETAILS||SELECTION CRITERIA|
|Master of Law (LLM)||
|Ph.D. in Law||
||UGC NET/ JRF|
|Post Graduate Diploma||
|Online Certificate Program||
Indian Law Institute Scholarships
Indian Law Institute offers numerous scholarships to meritorious students.
- Indian Law Institute offers a merit scholarship of INR 30,000 to the first two students admitted to the LLM program based on the merit in the All India Admission Test.
- The scholarship will be distributed in two installments: first, at the time of admission, and second, after the result of the first semester.
- To continue availing of the scholarship, the student needs to score an “A” grade in the university examination.
Indian Law Institute offers scholarships to meritorious students who are needy. The students are offered around 50% tuition fee as the scholarship amount.
Gold Medal to Meritorious Students
- Indian Law Institute also awards gold medals to meritorious students.
- Students scoring the highest marks in the course will be given a gold medal.
- Students must have cleared all the courses on the first attempt and they shouldn’t have been detained or re-admitted to the course.
- There should be no disciplinary action taken against them throughout the course.
- In the case of two or more eligible students, the student with higher attendance will be preferred.
How to Avail ILI New Delhi Scholarships?
Candidates must register in the scholarship department. Candidates need to fill a scholarship form and attach the required documents. After the verification, the scholarship will be distributed.
Indian Law Institute FAQs
Ques: What is the security deposit fee for Ph.D. at Indian Law Institute?
Ans: Indian Law Institute (ILI) New Delhi charges INR 5,000 as a security deposit during admission to the Ph.D. program.
Ques: Is there any relaxation in the eligibility criteria for SC/ ST candidates taking admission at Indian Law Institute?
Ans: Indian Law Institute (ILI) provides 5% relaxation to SC/ ST candidates in the marks required to fulfill the eligibility criteria for admission to the Indian Law Institute. It also provides 10% relaxation to Kashmiri Migrant candidates in the marks required to fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria for admission to the Indian Law Institute.
Ques: How many seats are available for the LLM course at Indian Law Institute?
Ans: Indian Law Institute (ILI) New Delhi admits a total of 38 candidates in the LLM course every year through the entrance test.
Ques: What is the fee for foreign students and NRIs for the Ph.D. courses at Indian Law Institute?
Ans: Foreign students/ NRIs admitted to ILI Ph.D. need to pay USD 300 per annum as a development fee in addition to the course fee at the time of admission to the Ph.D. program at the Indian Law Institute.
Ques: What is the application fee for PG Diploma programs at Indian Law Institute?
Ans: The application fee for PG Diploma programs is INR 2,000 at Indian Law Institute. Candidates are required to visit the official website of the varsity to apply online.