Mount Carmel College- [MCC], Bangalore currently provides 6 Undergraduate courses, 4 Postgraduate courses, Diploma courses in Management, Designing and Business Administration, PhD courses in Commerce, Economics, Botany, and 5 other fields and offers various International Programmes.
The most popular Undergraduate courses are B.Sc., BCA, BA, and B.Com. The most popular Postgraduate courses are M.Sc., MCA, MA, and, M.Com.
In case Karnataka Government decides to implement NEP, the batch taking admission for the year 2021-22 will be subjected to the guidelines and structure as put forth under NEP by Bangalore City University.
MCC is an autonomous institute affiliated with Bangalore City University. MCC tops the EducationWorld Rankings 2021-22 as the Best Autonomous College for Women in India and 4th among Private Autonomous Colleges in the country.
Mount Carmel College UG Admission Criteria
The Undergraduate programs are 3 years degree programs in different courses of B.A., B.Com, B.Sc. with different specializations. Students who have passed 10+2 from a reputed institution are eligible to apply for the UG courses.
|B.A.||History, Economics, Political Science, Sociology, Journalism, Travel & Tourism, Psychology, English, Communication Studies, Physical Education|
|B.Com||General, Hons (Integrated with CMA) - Strategic Finance, BPS (Business Process Services) in association with TCS, Internation Accounting & Finance, Professional, Industry Integrated, Tourism & Travel Management|
|B.Sc.||Fashion and Apparel Design, Composite Home Science, Interior Design Management|
|B.Tech||CZ: Biotechnology+Chemistry+Zoology; CB: Biotechnology+Chemistry+Botany|
|B.Voc||Hospitality & Tourism, Data Science & Analytics|
|BBA||Regular - Finance, Marketing, HR, IB; Business Analytics in association with Miles Education|
|Integrated Education||B.Sc.-B.Ed, BA B.Ed|
MCC UG Eligibility
- Students who have completed II PUC/Std XII from any stream are eligible for the BA Courses
- Students who have completed two years of Pre- University in Commerce of Karnataka or have passed 10+2 from CBSE/ISC are eligible for B.Com Program Courses.
- Students who have passed 10+2 with an aggregate of 70% are eligible for the B.Sc Courses.
- Students who have passed 10+2 with an aggregate of 60% are eligible for B.Voc in BHT. Students must be proficient with General Knowledge and Current Affairs.
- Students who have passed 10+2 with Mathematics/ Business Mathematics/ Statistics as one of the optional subjects are eligible for B.Voc in Data Science and Analytics.
MCC UG Selection Criteria
- The selection for all the B.Com program courses is merit-based.
- The selection for BCA Program, BA/B.Sc & B.Voc courses are based on interview + II PUC/STD XII results.
- The selection for BBA, Communication Studies, B.Sc IDM courses is based on the entrance examination.
Mount Carmel College PG Admission Criteria
The Postgraduate programs are usually two-year degree programs for the courses M.A., M.Com., M.Sc, and a few others in different specializations. Any student who has passed a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university is eligible to apply for the PG courses.
|MA||Economics, English, Public Policy|
|M.Com||General, International Business, Financial Analytics|
|M.Sc||Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Botany, Chemistry, Electronics, Food Science & Nutrition, Human Development, Life Science, Mathematics, Nano Science & Technology, Computer Science, Psychology|
|MBA||Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Banking & Insurance, Entrepreneurship, Business Analytics.|
MCC PG Eligibility
- A student who has a Bachelor’s Degree in B.Com/BBA with Economics with an aggregate of 50% marks or above is eligible for M.A- Economics.
- Students who have a Bachelor’s Degree in English ( Honours/ Electives/ Specialization) under the 10+2+3 pattern of education with an aggregate of 50% aggregate marks or above are eligible for M.A- English.
- Any student who has a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with an aggregate mark of 50% or above is eligible for M.A- Public Policy.
- Any student who has passed the B.Com/ BBM/ BBA Degree Programme from a recognized university with an aggregate of 50% marks or more is eligible for M.Com programs.
- Any student who has a Bachelor’s Degree with the respective specialization with 50% aggregate as a subject is eligible for the M.Sc programs.
- Any student with B.Sc/ BCA/ BE in Computer Science with Mathematics with 50% aggregate is eligible for MCA in Computer Science.
- Any student who has a Bachelor’s Degree with an aggregate of 50% mark or above is eligible for MBA.
MCC PG Selection Criteria
- The selection for all PG courses is merit-based.
- The selection for the provisional PG courses is based on 4th SEM/5th SEM.
Mount Carmel College Diploma Admission Criteria
MCC Bangalore also offers Diploma and PG Diploma programs. Candidates can check the details for Diploma programs here:
|Diploma||Cosmetology, Fashion Designing, Event Management|
|PG Diploma||Environment Management & Auditing, Tourism Administration, International Twinning Programme in M.Sc. Tourism Management, International Business, Business Administration,|
MCC Diploma Eligibility
- Candidates who have qualified 10+2 level exam xan apply for Diploma courses.
- Candidates with Diploma or graduation degree in relevant fiend can apply for PG Diploma program.
MCC Diploma Selection Criteria
Selection to both, Diploma and PG Diploma programs are merit-based.
Mount Carmel College Ph.D. Admission Criteria
MCC provides PhD. Courses with 8 specializations for the post-graduated students who want to pursue a doctoral degree.
|PhD Specializations||Botany, Biotechnology, Electronics, Life Science, Food Science & Nutrition, Human Development, Economics, Commerce|
MCC PhD Eligibility
Candidates with a master’s degree with a valid score can apply for PhD program.
MCC PhD Selection Criteria
Selection to the PhD courses is based on the marks obtained by the student in the entrance exam conducted by MCC Bangalore.
How to Apply for Mount Carmel College?
The application process for MCC Bangalore is offline. Candidates will have to go to the college admission office to apply for the courses.
Mount Carmel College FAQs
Ques. What is the fee structure of MCC- Bangalore?
Ans. The fee structure can lie anywhere between 35,000 to 1 lakh depending on the course. Click here for more information on Courses & Fee Structure.
Ques. Is Hostel available in MCC Bangalore?
Ans. Yes. Hostel facility is available for around 250 UG and PG students with annual fees of approximately 80,000.
Ques. Who are the notable Alumni of MCC- Bangalore?
Ans. Some of the most famous alumni of MCC- Bangalore are Deepika Padukone, Anushka Sharma, Anushka Shetty, Aparna Popat.
Ques. Are MCC- Bangalore admission forms for the session 2021-22 out?
Ans. No, the admission forms for the academic year 2021-22 will be out shortly. However, the forms for MBA & Global Programmes are OPEN.
Ques. What are the Placement Trends of MCC- Bangalore?
Ans. The Placement Trends are very good. Almost 90- 95% of students get placements every year starting from the lowest package of around 45,000 to 1 Lakh per annum.
Ques. What are the best courses offered by MCC- Bangalore?
Ans. It is best known for its Commerce courses in BBA, B. Com. B. Sc, BCA, BA are other most popular courses.
Ques. Is the MCC fee refundable?
Ans. No, once you've taken admission in any course and paid your fees and then leave the college, then in that case the fees would not be refundable.
Ques. What are the college timings of MCC- Bangalore?
Ans. The college has two shifts. The morning timings on the weekdays are 9 am to 3 pm and on Saturdays, it is 9 am to 12:30 pm. The evening timings are from 1:45 pm to 6:15 pm.