South Calcutta Law College is approved by the Bar Council of India (BCI), Government of India. The College is one of the prominent and well-known law colleges in the country. The College offers two undergraduate courses in the field of law and admission is based on entrance exams.
The College is a top-ranked law college in Kolkata and has been ranked at 1st position by India today in east zone law colleges.
South Calcutta Law College Key points
- The South Calcutta law college has state-of-the-art infrastructure and imparts high-quality education.
- The college was ranked at #34 position by India today for law in 2020.
- The courses at this College are recognized by the bar council of India
- 5 percent mark relaxation in the eligibility criteria is given to Scheduled caste and scheduled tribe candidates.
South Calcutta Law College Courses
The course details and eligibility of the College are tabulated below that candidates can check.
|COURSE||COURSE DETAILS||SELECTION CRITERIA|
|BA LLB (Honours)||
South Calcutta Law College Scholarship
The college offers scholarships for SC /ST and minority groups.
- SC/ST and OBC scholarship: The scholarship can be availed through://oasis.gov.in/ , which is an online portal started by the West Bengal government to provide scholarships to SC/ST and OBC candidates. The scholarship is available for those whose family income is under 2.5 lacs per annum.
- The kanyasree prakalpa: It’s a scholarship provided by the West Bengal government to girl candidates. The scholarship aims to provide education to girls. A grant of INR 25,000 is offered to those girls who are above the age of 18 and are engaged in any academic pursuit.
- A scholarship is also available for students belonging to the minority category.
South Calcutta Law College FAQs
Ques. What are the facilities available at South Calcutta Law College?
Ans. The South Calcutta Law College has all the facilities for students. The College has well-ventilated Classrooms, Office Room, Library, Computer Lab etc. The college also has a canteen and an auditorium. A student health home is also present on the campus to take care of medical emergencies.
Ques. What are the Community service initiatives taken by South Calcutta Law College?
Ans. The NSS unit of the college undertakes various activities for community outreach. The NSS unit has held programs on pollution and clean environment, breast cancer, thalassemia, polio eradication etc. The institute also holds lectures and campaigns related to issues such as environment, drugs, human rights, etc. The students also visit the nearby slums for two days to conduct surveys and help the poor community.
Ques. What are the rules and regulations at South Calcutta Law College?
Ans. Students need to attend regular classes and have a compulsory 75 percent attendance. Students who do not have 75 percent attendance will not be eligible to sit for university exams. Students with an attendance below 60 percent will be debarred from the university examination.
Ques. How can you contact South Calcutta Law College?
Ans. You can contact the college through a phone call or can email them your query. For a detailed discussion, one can also head to the campus for face-to-face conversations.
Ques. What is the reservation at the South Calcutta law college?
Ans. Twenty-two percent of the seats are reserved for Scheduled caste students,6 percent is reserved for the scheduled tribe,17 percent seats for OBC, and 3 percent for physically disabled candidates.
Ques. Is South Calcutta law college a good college under Calcutta university?
Ans. The college has a strong faculty and holds regular classes. Many toppers from Calcutta university choose this college for further studies. The college has an excellent reputation and is one of the best colleges to pursue law courses.