Malla Reddy Engineering College, Telangana was established in 2002. This private institute is part of Malla Reddy Group of Institutions (MREG).
This is an autonomous institution approved by UGC and affiliated to JNTU. The college is re-accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ Grade (II Cycle) and was conferred autonomous status by JNTUH in 2011 and by UGC in 2014 for a period of 6 years. UG and PG programs received NBA accreditation and some of them received reaccreditation too.
The institute is equipped with the best facilities to allow students to learn, grow and develop their mental as well as physical well-being. The institute has some of the best laboratories in the engineering departments to help students with theoretical knowledge. The campus, too, is quite developed for an engineering college, with lush-green environment, wi-fi facilities, well-built housing facility and round the clock surveillance.
Both Engineering and Management courses are offered in this college. Both of these courses are well reputed courses with good reviews from alumni and backed by decent placement records.
Academically, the college follows a credit-based choice system which allows students to study according to their pace and needs.
Malla Reddy Engineering College Highlights
|Name of the Institute||Malla Reddy Engineering College|
|Year of Establishment||2002|
|Category||Engineering and Management|
|Affiliated To||Jawaharlal Nehru Technical University, Hyderabad; National Boards Accreditation (NBA)|
|Approved By||All India Center for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi; University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Courses Offered||BTech, MTech, MBA|
|Entrance Exam||TS EAMCET, TSICET, TS PGECET|
Malla Reddy Engineering College Courses
MREC offers BTech programs at UG level and MTech and MBA courses at the PG level. The details of the courses are given below:
Malla Reddy Engineering College Admissions
The admission process for different courses in MREC is through different entrance exams. The entrance exams for both management and under-graduate engineering courses are conducted by the State of Telangana. For MTech, the institute accepts students through both GATE and TS PGECET.
The admission in MREC is done for two categories of seats. These include: Category A seats and Category B seats. The Category A seats shall be 70% of sanctioned intake of seats in each course which shall be filled with eligible candidates on the basis of Rank obtained at EAMCET. The Category B Seats shall be 30% of the total intake of seats in each course which shall be open for admission to all the eligible candidates on merit basis including candidates belonging to other States and Union Territories of India and NRIs.
How to Apply?
Mentioned below is a detailed explanation of the steps involved in filling the TS EAMCET Application Form.
Step 1: Fee Payment
- Visit the official website of TS EAMCET.
- Click on the ‘TS EAMCET Application Form’ link.
- Next, click on ‘Apply Online’.
- Candidates will be redirected to the “Registration Fee Payment Procedure” page.
- Here, one needs to select the mode via which they will make the payment.
Option 1- TS Online/ AP Online/ E-Seva/ Mee-Seva Centers
- This mode requires a candidate to report to the designated centers. Click here for List of Payment Centers
- Click on “Click here if paid through TS Online/ AP Online/ E-Seva/ Mee Seva”. You will be redirected to the “Payment Verification” page.
- After furnishing all the details, click “Proceed to Online Application Form Filling”.
- Pay the fee and a receipt with a transaction ID will be issued.
- Login to the website (www.eamcet.tsche.ac.in/TSEAMCET) with the Transaction ID and then move on to further processes.
Option 2- Apply Online
In case of making payment through Credit/ Debit Card, click on “Click here to pay online using your Credit or Debit card”. Applicants will be redirected to the “Payment Gateway” Screen.
- Enter all mandatory details in the fields provided.
- The page will be navigated to “Payment through Credit card/ Debit Card page”.
- Select the card type (VISA/Maestro/Mastercard) and proceed to make the payment.
Step 2: Fill Details and Upload Documents
Fill the application form with correct details such as personal, communication, educational etc. and upload requisite documents in a prescribed format.
Students have to keep the following documents ready for admission to MREC:
- Class 10 and 12 Marksheet
- Class 10 and 12 Certificate
- Bachelor’s degree (if applicable)
- Proof of residence
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Entrance exam score card
Malla Reddy Engineering College Placements
The training and placement cell of MREC has been doing a splendid job in creating job and internship opportunities for its candidates in MNCs from all the relevant industries.
The placement cell not only helps with the best opportunities to the students but also helps develop essential skills in the students. These include developing aptitude, problem solving, communication, programming among many other skills which are quite important when it comes to campus placements.
According to the official stats for the year 2019-2020, the training and placement department has been able to provide ample opportunities to its students as the figure of 800+ placement offers is remarkable. The top placement package offered was INR 14,00,000. The average package too was at a modest INR 3,25,000.
The top recruiting companies that visited the campus were: Tech Mahindra, IBM, HCL, NTT DATA, Open Text, Apps Associate, Accenture, Axis Bank, Amazon et cetera.
Malla Reddy Engineering College Facilities
A large number of facilities are offered by MREC to students. Some of the top facilities offered by the college are given below:
- Library: MREC Library and Information Resources Centre is one of the important central facilities of the Institute, established in the year 2002, catering to the educational and information needs of faculty and students in Engineering at both UG & PG level, Humanities & Sciences and Management. The MREC Library supports the teaching, research, and learning mission of the Institute by providing open access to the broadest possible range of ideas, opinions, and knowledge.
- Transport: The college provides transport facilities to both the staff and students who wish to opt for it. These facilities are much needed for students who are day-scholars as the proper bus facility has been maintained by the College at reasonable rates.
- Finishing School: MREC has instituted a comprehensive Finishing School program for All MREC students from I year to IV year. The aim of this program is to bridge the industry-academia gap that most of the students usually face and are so well aware of. The Finishing School is run concurrently with the B. Tech course, unlike other Finishing schools which are offered after the completion of B.Tech.
- Labs: Well-equipped labs have been set up in the college. These labs have the state-of-the-art equipment to conduct all experiments related to different subjects. The college provides its students with all the necessary equipment and set-ups needed in the various courses.
- Hostel: Modern, hygienic and eco-friendly hostels are available. Separate Hostels for Girls & Boys with Library, computers with Internet, Gym and Yoga facilities available. Hostels are located in the Campus.
Malla Reddy Engineering College FAQs
Ques. What is the percentage of students who get placed from MREC?
Ans. MREC has a very decent placement record and a very active training and placement cell because of which each year around 80% of the batch gets a placement offer from a reputed company.
Ques. Is there a Management Quota in MREC?
Ans. Yes, admissions are done through management quota in this college. The aspirants need to contact the office of the college to get further information on this.
Ques. What is the intake in MREC for its various courses?
Ans.The intake of MREC for its various courses is:
- BTech: Around 1100
- MTech: Around 180
- MBA: Around 60
Ques. Does MREC accept national-level entrance exams?
Ans. Yes, MREC accepts admissions on the basis of national-level tests. The technical courses of B. Tech and M. Tech both accept admissions on the basis of JEE Mains and GATE.
Ques. Is MREC a good college?
Ans. Yes, MREC is among the top colleges in Telangana and offers great placement facilities to students. The college also has a spacious playground in which a large number of sports such as cricket, volleyball, football etc. can be played.