Patna Science College located in Bihar, a NAAC accredited Government College was established in 1927. It is one of the oldest Science Colleges in teaching and research.
The PSC is functioning as a constituent College of Patna University, Patna.
The College offers BSc Honors degree in 10 disciplines. Apart from the common BSc Honors courses, there are also several Vocational and Professional courses.
The admission is based on merit and Patna University Common Entrance Test.
Patna Science College Highlights
|Established| Type||1927| Government College|
|Set by||Bihar Government|
|Entrance Exam||PU CET|
|Courses Offered||10 Undergraduate Honours degree|
|Admission Criteria||Merit and Entrance based|
|Top Recruiters||Wipro, TCS, Cisco, Infosys, Adobe, NGOs|
|Campus Area||28.32 acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Seminar Halls, Canteens, Hostels, Wi-Fi, Sports ground, Gym|
Patna Science College Courses
PSC presents a 36 months full-time BSc honours program in 10 specializations with 7 regular courses and 3 vocational courses. BSc Biotechnology, BCA and BSc Environmental Science is a self-financing vocational course.
Patna Science College Admissions
The university conducts an aptitude test followed by an interview for getting admission into undergraduate courses.
Applicants can register themselves on the university online portal or on the website for applying Patna University Common Entrance Test.
How to apply?
- Candidates have to qualify for PU CET in order to get admission. They can obtain the online application form from the official university website.
- The student has to register on the university website and fill in all the details and upload the scanned photo and other documents.
- Make payment for application fees through the relevant mediums. After the online submission, the candidates will be notified of the entrance exam details.
- Students have to appear and pass the exam. A merit list will be prepared and a counseling process will be initiated from the college based on the marks scored in PUCET.
- Students who cleared the exam and interview and fulfilled all eligibility criteria will acquire admission after the fee payment.
Students have to attach the following documents with the application form:
- E-receipt of the fee payment
- Downloaded Application Form
- Admit Card of Entrance Exam possessing invigilator’s signature
- Class 10 and 12 Marksheet
- Class 10 Marksheet
- Transfer Certificate/ Migration Certificate (if any)
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Aadhar Card
- Six recent passport size photographs
Patna Science College Placements
The College has a Career Counselling and Placement Cell, to give proper career guidance and placement opportunities to students. Wipro, TCS, Infosys, Cisco, etc are top recruiters and INR 2 to 5 LPA was the average salary package offered to students in the year 2019-20. The students are also placed in various Non-Government Organizations.
Patna Science College Scholarships
Students get the advantage of different scholarships and freeships by the Government. The SC, ST, Minorities students are given scholarships (fee waivers) by the Bihar State Welfare Department.
- Scholarships for students with disabilities
- Inspire scholarship
Patna Science College Facilities
The facilities offered by the Patna Science College are given below:
- Hostel:A large area of both girls’ and boys’ hostel facilities are available on the college campus. It takes in five hostels- Cavendish, Newton, Ramanujam, Faraday, and C. V. Raman is named after eminent scientists. Staff quarters are also available. The campus is also well equipped with CCTV cameras to ensure safety.
- Library:The College has a large Central Library with 80,000 books, journals, periodicals, and encyclopedias. The Library is also having subscriptions to INFLIBNET and NLIST.
- Sports Complex:The campus is having a playground with two sports fields for outdoor games and sports. Gymnasium, Yoga and Meditation Centre, Indoor and outdoor games, Common Rooms are other facilities.
- Recreation Clubs:The College has a fully Wi-fi Campus, classrooms, lecture halls, Seminar halls, practice rooms, reading rooms, well-equipped labs, Canteen with good food, restaurants, Stationery shops, stores, etc.
Patna Science College Faculty
The PSC is primarily a science teaching institute. The college has well-qualified faculty devoted to teaching and research with doctorate holders, professors, etc.
Among these 25 teachers are having a PhD as their highest qualification. The teaching process and methods are by assignments, projects, class presentations, class tests, self-assessments, seminars, group discussions, quizzes etc.
- Professor -10
- Associate Professor- 20
- Assistant professor- 43
Main faculties of the Patna Science College.
- Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Dr.Girish Kumar Choudhary
- Principal, Dr. Shree Ram Padmadeo
- Dr. M. P. Trivedi (HoD Botany department)
- Dr. D. N. Thakur (HoD Chemistry department)
- Prof. Dr. Sankatha Pd. Rai (HoD Mathematics department)
- Dr. Md. Sabbir Ahmad Ansari (HOD Physics department)
- Dr. V. Mishra (HoD Zoology department)
Patna Science College FAQs
Ques. How many courses does the college offer?
Ans.The College offers 10 undergraduate Science Honours Programs out of which seven are in Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Geology, Zoology, Mathematics, Statistics and 3 Vocational / Professional Courses in Computer Applications, Bio-Technology, Environmental Science coming under Self Financed Scheme.
Ques. Which is the best hostel in Patna Science College?
Ans.There are five main hostels on the college campus for accommodation. Among these Faraday houses are fixed to the subject toppers in the exams, Cavendish house is selected to the students who are not toppers but among the toppers and Newton House is for the above-average students. The other two hostels are available for students who have fulfilled the basic criteria for hostel allotment.
Ques. Are there Post Graduation courses in college?
Ans.The College with undergraduate departments is functioning as a constituent College of the University. The College is having post-graduate and undergraduate departments. The post-graduate departments are under the control of the Patna University.
Ques. Where is the Patna Science College located?
Ans.Patna Science College is located in the Bihar district of India. The college is located in the Patna capital city of Bihar at Ashok Rajpath Road, Patna University Campus. The college is close to the University Library Building.
Ques. What are the major student activities in the PSC?
Ans.The College offers NSS, NCC, cultural fests, clubs, and Student union activities for the students. Also, there are recreation facilities like sports and games, reading rooms, canteens, restaurants, playgrounds where they can spend their leisure time.