The Shailesh J Mehta School of Management (SJMSOM) IIT Bombay has been ranked 11th position by the NIRF for MBA in 2020, while in 2021, The Week and BW Business World ranked it 14th and 17th for MBA respectively, 42nd rank for MBA by Economics Times 2021.
The institution offers a wide range of programs like masters in management, MBA/PDGM, EMBA, and 7 specializations in a Ph.D. program like Management Studies, Marketing, Economics, Strategic Management, Information Technology, Intellectual Property Rights Law, and Interdisciplinary Research.
The Section Criteria For MBA programs are based on CAT score; candidates with a minimum median score in CAT will be selected for the Personal Interview process. For admissions in Ph.D. programs, candidates must score a minimum of 55% in the master’s degree. Entrance exams for the Ph.D. program in India include UGC NET Exam, CSIR-UGC NET Exam, GATE, or GRE Exams.
SJMSOM IIT Bombay has been successful in providing placement opportunities to 100% of candidates in top companies in the year 2021.
The institution provides both Ph.D. fellowship and merit scholarship. Around 20% of the students receive scholarships concerning different criteria. An average amount of 26,500 INR is provided as a stipend to students based on their qualifications. Candidates of OBC/ ST/SC are exempted from paying the tuition fees.
SJMSOM IIT Bombay: Key Points
- SJMSOM IIT Bombay strictly follows Government of India’s Policy on Reservation.
- SJMSOM have been participating in NIRF since 2018.
- Outlook and GFK Mode ranked it 12th among India's top 50 Business Schools.
- SJMSOM IIT Bombay expands network of relationships with institutions across the world, the International Relations team at SJMSOM is dedicated to give its students with a whole new set of possibilities for global exposure.
- Every year, the SJMSOM hosts its own business festival AVENUES, which attracts management students from across the country.
SJMSOM IIT Bombay: Rankings
- 22nd rank for Executive MBA by Business Today 2017.
- 5th in 2018 NIRF Ranking (Management Category).
- SJMSOM IIT ranked 1st in 2019 QS India Rankings.
- 4th in the 2019 QS World Ranking (Business And Management Studies).
- 7th in 2019 Ed-universal B School Ranking.
- 13th rank for MBA/PGDM by The Week-2020.
- 11th rank for MBA/PGDM by NIRF-2020
- 42nd rank for MBA by Economics Times 2021.
SJMSOM IIT Bombay: Courses & Fees
||TOEFL/IELTS and CAT, GMAT or GRE Scores (optional)|
||GATE/ GRE /UGC NET/ UGC JRF/ GMAT/ CSIR NET/ CSIR JRF/ CAT/|
SJMSOM IIT Bombay: Cut Off
Minimum percentile cut-off score for shortlisting:
Candidates who obtain a minimum overall percentile score and a minimum sectional percentile score on the CAT 2020 will be considered for the PI (Personal Interview) procedure.
Parameters of Composite Score for PI:
|Performance In CAT||70%|
|Post Graduate/ Professionals||5%|
SJMSOM IIT Bombay: Placements
At the end of the first year of the programme, students participate in an 8-10 week Summer Internship Program in a variety of business enterprises and managerial roles.
- Throughout the placement programme, a total of 156 credits are covered.
- SJMSOM IIT Bombay has successfully stated the 100% placement of 2021 Batch.
- A total of 56 firms took part in the placement process 2020, with 20 of them being first-time recruiters.
- The IT/ITES sector saw the most hiring, accounting for 39% of all offers, followed by the EPC/Manufacturing field.
Recruiters with respect to different discipline:
- AXIS BANK
- BANK OF AMERICA
- INDUA VALLEY PARTNERS
- STATE BANK OF INDIA
- SOCIETE GENERALE
- HDFC BANK
- DIGITAL MCKINSEY
- HITACHI CONSULTING
IT and Technology:
Operations and supply Chain management:
- JOHNSON AND JOHNSON
- INDIAN OIL
- AVERY DENNISON
- PIRAMAL GLASS
- TATA MOTORS
- PHARM EASY
- UNITED PHOSPHORUS LIMITED
- UNITED HEALTHCARE
- PIRAMAL HEALTHCARE
Industry contact is a year-round phenomenon, and SJMSOM has one of the greatest Industry interactions among Indian business schools, with over 100 industry giants coming every year. The following are some of the ways in which students can connect with the industry.
For the 26th MBA class, SJMSOM held a Summer Placement Process. A total of 41 candidates participated in the summer placement drive for batch 2020-22, providing jobs across many disciplines.
|Top recruiters||Average placement package||Highest placement package|
|Accenture, JPMC, Google, PwC, IBM Consulting, Asian Paints, Wipro, Cap Gemini and ICICI Bank||INR 20.98 LPA||INR 32.8 LPA|
SJMSOM IIT Bombay: Scholarships
Students can apply for a variety of scholarships at SJMSOM. Scholarships are awarded to 20% of students based on their achievement in semester exams. These scholarships come from a variety of endowment sources.
- Approximately 20% of students get various scholarships from various endowment funds based on their achievement in the semester examinations. The IIT-B offers a few additional scholarships.
- Candidates of the SC, ST and OBC categories are explicitly excluded from paying tuition fees.
- SJMSOM also offers a few grants to PhD candidates in addition to academic awards.
- Candidates are entitled to a stipend ranging from INR 25,000 to INR 28,000 a month during their degree, depending on their qualifications.
Ques. Does SJMSOM considered GMAT Exam?
Ans. Candidates are chosen based on their performance in the CAT exam. GMAT is applicable for the international applicants.
Ques. Does SJMSOM offer PhD in insurance?
Ans. Refer to the SJMSOM brochure which is shown at the bottom of the website; http://www.som.iitb.ac.in/ it has the related information about the doctorate program.
Ques. Are the B.Com graduates eligible for MBA in SJMSOM?
Ans. The following are the criteria;
A 4-year Bachelor’s Degree or a Master’s Degree with first-class or 60% marks in aggregate or a minimum of 6.5 CPI, out of 10.
CA/ICWA, with a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline; 60% marks in aggregate or minimum CPI of 6.5 out of 10.
Ques. Between SJMSOM and IIM Shillong, which is a better college?
Ans. Between SJMSOM and IIM Shillong, either of them are better choices. IIM Shillong gives good placement in Marketing Finance and. Its average CTC is around INR 18.76 LPA. The IIM has a better reputation than IIT Management School.
Ques. Which is better to join SJMSOM (IIT BOMBAY) or new IIM like Trichy, Udaipur, Ranchi etc. please give stats also?
Ans. It is suggested you go for SJMSOM IIT Bombay. It is one of India's leading MBA schools for operations management. If you go for the new IIMs then choose IIM Ranchi. It is well known for its human resource management.