The Institute of Management, Nirma University Gujarat was established in 2003. The Institute has been ranked at #16 for MBA by TOI 2022 and #101 by NIRF 2020. The University is known for its flagship MBA program and admission is purely based on the merit of CAT score.
Admission for the PhD program is based on a valid UGC-NET/ GATE/ SLET/ GPAT score. Candidates are selected based on the merit of the qualifying exam for BBA+MBA, B.Tech+MBA, Executive Diploma, and Executive programs. The Institute follows a credit-based curriculum.
The University offers 100% placements to students and some of the top recruiters are TCS, Infosys, Axis, HDFC, ITC, etc. The session for the academic year will commence in June.
IMNU Ahmedabad: Key Highlights
- The fee structure for the MBA program for 2 years is INR 10.04 Lakhs.
- CAT qualified candidates are eligible to apply for MBA, while a GMAT score is required for POI, FN, and CISWA-SEA categories.
- Ph.D. applicants with a valid score in CSIR-NET/UGC-NET/GPAT or GATE are excluded from the written test at IMNU.
- The highest salary package offered is INR 12 LPA.
IMNU Ahmedabad: Courses Offered
||CAT (Minimum 75 percentile & above for General Category)|
|BBA + MBA||
||IPMAT (Entrance test)|
|Executive Diploma Programme||
||Entrance test & Interview|
|B.Tech. + MBA||
IMNU Ahmedabad: Placements
- The IMNU placement 2020 program had a 100% placement rate.
- Nirma University offers full placement support to its students in the fields of Technology, Management, Law, Pharmacy, and Life Sciences.
- Pre-placement practices, Job Guidance, Conducting Placement, and Post-placement evaluations are all part of Nirma’s four-stage placement model.
- In 2020, a total of 85 companies visited the Institute for placement drives.
- The average salary package offered in 2022 was INR 9 LPA
- Dell Technologies in the ITES sector provided the highest salary package of INR 12.33 LPA.
The top companies that visit the Institute’s campus during placement drives are:
|Space matrix||Mercados||HDFC Bank|
|Infosys||EXL Services||Kotak Bank|
|Axis Bank||TCS||HDFC Life|
IMNU Ahmedabad: Scholarship
The Nirma University provides scholarships to meritorious students studying in the programs under it on the Merit and Merit-cum-Means basis.
Financial aid for undergraduate students:
Alumni Funded Scholarship –
The Nirma Institute of Technology Alumni Association (NITAA) developed this scholarship to give back to the community by assisting deserving students in need of financial assistance. Every year, two students from each division are awarded INR 30,000 scholarships, subject to meeting the merit criterion of maintaining a PPI of 7.5.
Financial aid for Postgraduate Students:
Postgraduate students receive financial assistance in the form of a monthly stipend based on merit. The first nine GATE eligible students receive INR 12,400 per month, while the remaining students receive INR 5000. The academic load for such students is limited to eight hours per week, as determined by the department.
IMNU Ahmedabad FAQs
Ques: What is the general cut-off for MBA at IMNU Ahmedabad?
Ans: The CAT cutoff for NIRMA university’s MBA programs will be around 80-90 percentile. The various components have the below weightage:
- CAT 2018: 60%
- PI: 20%
- Theme Development & Presentation: 10%
- Academic Performance: 10%
- An additional score of up to 5 points will also be given for full-time relevant work experience in a professional organization
Ques. Whether JEE (Main)-2022 All India Rank (AIR) is required at the time of application submission at IMNU Ahmedabad?
Ans. No, JEE (Main)-2022 rank is not required at the time of application submission. However, make sure that you have entered the correct JEE (Main)-2022 Application Number, Roll Number, and Date of Birth as per the Admit Card of JEE (Main)-2022.
Ques. Is there any quota for PIO/Gulf for admission to the B.Tech program at IMNU Ahmedabad?
Ans. Yes, 15% supernumerary seats are available for admission to PIO (Persons of Indian Origin) and foreign students. Out of this about one-third i.e. 5% seats are reserved for children of Indian Workers in Gulf countries and South East Asia. Please contact the Assistant Registrar (Academic) for the same at Nirma University.
Ques. I am a diploma holder. How can I get admission to the B.Tech program at IMNU Ahmedabad?
Ans. The lateral entry admissions (Diploma to Degree admissions) are governed by the Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC), Govt. of Gujarat. You need to follow the instructions after the announcement from ACPC, in this regard.
Ques: What are the selection criteria for the MBA program at IMNU Ahmedabad?
Ans: The selection criteria for the MBA program at the Institute are:
|Common Admission Test||60%|
|Theme Development & Presentation||10%|