IIM Indore was the 6th addition to the prestigious IIM family of management schools. It was established in 1996 with a temporary campus in Rajender Nagar in Indore till 2003 and now it is spread across an area of 193-acre campus. The institute is promoted and managed by the ministry of education, Government of India.
All the IIMs are considered as the Institutions of national importance by the Ministry of Human Resource development (MHRD) after the Indian Institutes of Management ACT,2007 which gave more autonomy to the institutes in handling day to day matters. The foundation stone was laid by Mukesh Ambani in 1998.
The main courses offered are Post Graduate Programme In Management (leading to MBA)
Five Year Integrated Programme In Management (IPM) , Post Graduate Programme in Management, Mumbai (PGP), Post graduate program in human resource management (PGP –HRM).
Admissions are done through an entrance test which checks the student’s aptitude and logical reasoning to add proficiency in subjects like English and mathematics. This is known as the IP-MAT test. After the entrance test the shortlisted students appear for a written ability test (WA) which is followed by a personal interview (PI). The interview is conducted by the well qualified professors from IIM Indore and other prestigious institutions.
IIM Indore has credibly improved statistics from their previous performances and witnessed an average salary of 23.60 lacs with 100% placements. The Institute set a new fare milestone with a 23.5% increase in the highest salary offered.
IIM Indore: Key Points
- Its first batch successfully passed out in 2000 and all 36 students got placed within 36 hours.
- Recorded a highest placement package of Rs.56.8 lakh in 2020.
- EQUIS accredited
- AACSB accredited
- Association of MBA Accredited
- IIM Indore has more than 40 foreign collaborations in more than 16 countries.
- Provides an unique five-year IPM programme that is accredited by the MBA association of London
- IIM Indore signs a pact with US varsity for joint programmers.
- IIM Indore started a leadership programme with SDA Bocconi.
- IIM Indore has joined hands with German federal ministry for Economic Cooperation and development. This was done to understand the pandemic preparedness for the future for which the Institute received a research grant of 85.3 lakhs.
- First and the only institute in the IIM family to launch an undergraduate programme which is the five-year integrated programme in Management.
IIM Indore: Ranking
- Stands at 7th rank in the NIRF Rankings.
- Ranked 5th in Eduniversal .
- 3rd position in the 4 PALMES of excellence category in the central Asia region. This ranking signifies top business schools with international significance.
- Secured 9th rank in the prestigious financial times rankings.
- Placed in top 200 in the QS Masters in management 2021 list.
- Placed at rank 81 in the FT Masters management 2019.
- Placed at rank 94 in the global MBA programmes 2021 for EPGP
- IIM Indore is the 4th IIM to secure a rank in top 100 FT ranking.
- IIM Indore has received a Triple Crown Accreditation from AMBA, AACSB and EQUIS.
IIM Indore: Course and Fees
Top courses along with fees, specialization, duration and eligibility have mentioned below:
|COURSES||COURSE DETAILS||SELECTION BASIS|
|Post Graduate Program in Management (PGP)||
||CAT/GMAT followed by WAT and PI|
|Post Graduate Program in Human Resource Management (PGP-HRM)||
||CAT followed by WAT and PI|
|Executive Post Graduate Program in Management (EPGP)||
||GMAT followed by PI|
|Post Graduate Program in Management for Working Executives (PGPMX)||
||PGPMX Aptitude Test followed by PI|
|Fellow Program in Management (FPM)||
||CAT/GMAT/GRE/GATE/JRF/RAT followed by PI|
|Executive Fellow Program in Management (EFPM)||
||CAT/GMAT/GATE/GRE/JRF/RAT followed by PI|
|5-Year Integrated Program in Management (IPM)||
||IPM Aptitude Test followed by WAT and PI|
IIM Indore: Cut off
The CAT Cut Off of 2020 is given below:
|Quantitative Aptitude (QA)||80||80||70||55||45||45|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DI & LR)||80||80||70||55||45||45|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC)||80||80||70||55||45||45|
IIM Indore: Placements
The placement key highlights of IIM Indore are as follow:
- There were a total of 210 recruiters from companies all over the world.
- The batch which sat for placement PGP included 578 candidates which comprised 431 students from PGP 41 students from dual degree and 56 students from PGP Mumbai students). This was the highest number of students from any batch from any other Business School .
- There was an increase of 10.24% in the previous year statistics of the average CTC. The average CTC for the top 100 students was at INR 32.9 Lac. Though the median salary also rose significantly 2 iron ore 22 lakh.
|Highest international package||56 .80 lakh per annum|
|Highest domestic package||41.50 lakh per annum|
|Average CTC||23.60 lakh per annum|
The list of recruiters is extremely big but the main players are:
|Accenture||HDFC Bank||Hinduja Group||Hindustan Unilever|
|HDFC Bank||CITI Bank||American Express||Dell|
The highlights of summer placements are given below:
- The Institute has offered internships to the students in various domains by the esteemed recruiters which belong to the global and prestigious companies.
- In spite of the covid pandemic scenario the Institute witnessed an increase of 7% in the average stipend that the students received.
- The Institute managed to attract 190 plus recruiters for various roles in different segments. There was an increase of 9% in the median stipend.
- An increase of 4% was also recorded in the stipend for top 100 students.
|Highest stipend||INR 3.2 Lakh|
|Average stipend||INR 1.8 lakh|
|Top 100 stipend||INR 2.95 lakh|
|Top 200 stipend||INR 2.62 Lakh|
IIM Indore: Scholarships
The main Scholarships offered are given below:
|NAME OF SCHOLARSHIP||VALUE OF SCHOLARSHIP||OFFERED BY|
|State Bank of India Scholarship||INR 1,50,000||State Bank of India|
|Eicher Scholarship||INR 50,000||Eicher Motors Ltd.|
IIM Indore: FAQs
Ques: Is there any relaxation in marks for the reserved categories that are SC/ST Or OBC category for admission in IIM Indore?
Ans: There is a relaxation available to these students of the reserved categories in respect to Marks and fees structure. The relaxation in Marks and the fees structure varies according to the course they have opted for.
Ques: What are the various facilities available on campus in IIM Indore?
Ans. The campus provides amenities like miss eating joints, sports activities like tennis court, a swimming pool it also has or theater. They also have grocery shops and separate shops for fruits and vegetables. For emergency cases a dedicated Medical Center and an ambulance facility is also provided.
Ques: Is it mandatory for the students to stay in the hostel at IIM Indore?
Ans: IIM Indore has a compulsion to stay in the hostel as it provides a full residential program.
Ques: Is IIM Indore a government institute?
Ans: IIMs are a group of public, autonomous institutes for management education and research in India.
Ques: Does IIM Indore require work experience?
Ans: The Institute does not make it mandatory for the student to have a work experience but the School also gives an edge over the rest of the candidates to a student who has some work experience because it improves the candidates profile while applying to the Business School.