Manonmaniam Sundaranar University or MSU, located in Tamil Nadu was established in 1990 by the State Government. It was formerly a part of Madurai Kamaraj University but it later became an independent University under the State Government. Manonmaniam Sundaranar University is named after one of the most renowned Tamil Poets, Prof. P. Sundaram Pillai and one of his most famous verse dramas, Manonmaniam. MS university is recognised by UGC, approved by AICTE and accredited with Grade A from NAAC.
Under the jurisdiction of this University, there are 102 affiliated colleges, 6 MSU colleges and 4 constituent colleges with almost 65,000 students. MS University has 24 academic departments in Arts, Language, Science, Engineering and Technology providing several UG, PG, Integrated PG, Diploma and Certificate Courses. The university also offers certain programs in distance learning mode. The candidates will be provided with all the required study materials for online mode.
Admissions to the courses are primarily done based on their merit of the qualifying exam. The applications to the programs can be done online and offline.
The college offers the students with exemplary facilities like a huge library, high-tech computer lab, acres of land for sports and many other amenities. The campus stands on 550 acres of land.
The placement cell of the university provides the students with all the required training and facilities that help them with their employment needs. Every year, candidates are provided with many job opportunities from recruiters around India.
MS University Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1990 | Private|
|Mode of Education||Regular & Distance|
|Accredited to||NAAC (Grade A)|
|Campus Area||550 Acres|
|Courses offered||UG & PG|
|Mode of Registration||Online & Offline|
MS University Courses Offered
There are 24 departmental courses including Arts, Humanities, IT, Commerce, Hospitality, Law, Management and Business, Medicine and Allied Sciences etc are available in both UG and PG courses.
MS University Admissions
The application process can be made through both offline and online mode and the selection is based on the merit system. The application form is available on the official website of the University. The university conducts direct admission to the courses offered in distance mode.
How to Apply?
- Download the application form from the official website of Manonmaniam Sundaranar University
- Go through the information brochure and prospectus carefully for the course details.
- Fill the application form carefully.
- After filling the form it should be attached along with a demand draft or challan of INR 500/- (application fee) + 150 /- ( entrance fee) in the favor of “The Registrar, Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli”.
- For reserved candidates, there is no application fee needed, although they need to pay for the entrance fee only.
- Attach the required documents like school leaving certificate, identification details, results etc.
- Post the form to the director’s office. ( in offline form fillup )
- Submit the form on the given site. ( in online form fillup )
MS University Placements
MS University placements cell offers excellent service to the students. They provide soft skill training, mock interviews, workshops, seminars and many other facilities. The cell provides placements or employment needs to over 1 lakh students. The cell also conducts yearly job fairs and invite recruiters from around the country.
Many organizations/companies come and select the students for internship purposes and job opportunities with a handsome salary package.
Some of the recent years’ placement data are:
|YEAR||NO. OF STUDENTS PLACED||AVERAGE SALARY|
|2017-18||93||INR 1.10 LPA|
|2016-17||81||INR 1.41 LPA|
|2015-16||47||INR 1.84 LPA|
MS University Scholarships
- Reserved candidates who want to pursue their higher studies through Directorate are eligible for remuneration of all non-refundable fees and also annual allowance towards the purchase of essential and prescribed books.
- Physically and Visually Challenged candidates who satisfy the conditions can get the State Govt. Scholarship for disabled.
For other state-funded government, students can access the state website. And for the university fee concessions, candidates will have to enquire at the administrative office.
MS University Facilities
Some facilities offered by the university are given below:
- Hostel: The University provides a girls’ hostel within the campus. Each room with all the basic facilities is available at a very reasonable cost.
- Library: There are also 731 rare collections of English and Tamil books in digital format available in the university library. The entire library has a wifi facility for the betterment of the students and three specialized computers which is designed with special features for helping the visually impaired students.
- Sports: The Department of Physical Education and Sports, Manonmaniam Sundaranar University regulates the sports activities of the affiliated colleges.
MS University FAQs
Ques. Is the University still offering a one year distance MBA or one year Executive MBA?
Ans. No, distance learning MBA doesn’t have AICTE approval. As per the UGC guidelines, a PG degree has to be of 2 years duration.
Ques. What is the cutoff mark for selection in PhD admission?
Ans. A minimum mark of 55% is set for selection, based on the performance in the qualifying entrance exam.
Ques: What is the address for MS University?
Ans. The address for MS University is Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Abishekapatti, Tirunelveli – 627012, Tamil Nadu, India.
Ques: How can I reach MS University?
Ans. The university can be reached by Air, Road or Rail. You can reach the university by taking the bus from either Tirunelveli New Bus Stand which is 15 km away from the university or from Tirunelveli Railway Station, Junction, which is 10 km away. The closest airport is Tuticorin (Vagaikulam) Airport which is 50 km away from the university.
Ques: How can I contact MS University?
Ans. MS University can be contacted by phone or email. By phone, they can be contacted at +91 462-2333741. By mail, they can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.