Government Medical College, Nagpur is affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health Science, Nashik. It is one of the premier medical colleges of Central India and was inaugurated in 1947. The college is also recognised by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
Government Medical College, Nagpur conducts various courses at UG as well as PG level. The courses offered include MBBS, MS, MD, BSc Nursing, and a wide range of Diploma courses. Admissions to MBBS are conducted through NEET- UG ranks while admissions to the postgraduate courses are conducted on the basis of the NEET- PG exam.
The medical college instituted the first ever Cobalt Unit in the entire state of Maharashtra. GMC Nagpur offers a number of facilities that include accommodation for students, a canteen, access to highly improved health services and laboratories. The college has over fifteen departments that include Anatomy, Biochemistry, Medicine, Pathology, Orthopedics, Forensic Pathology, ENT, and several others that specialize in advanced research.
GMC Nagpur Key Points
- Government Medical college, Nagpur is affiliated to MUHS, Nashik and is recognized by MCI.
- The college provides on campus facilities including health services, hostel accommodation, anti-ragging environment, counselling service, transportation, canteen among others.
- 85% seats are reserved for students of Maharashtra and rest of the seats are filled through All India medical counseling.
- Government Medical College, Nagpur has well experienced faculty under teaching as well as non-teaching staff category.
- The college is equipped with the latest technologically advanced equipment and devices.
- Students are offered a choice to pursue internships in nearby hospitals after the completion of the MBBS course from the college.
- Government Medical College, Nagpur is the first center in India that started Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy school.
GMC Nagpur Courses and Fees
GMC, Nagpur offers undergraduate medical and nursing courses that include MBBS, BDS, BSc in Nursing, BPMT, DMLT, B.O.Th and many others. The PG courses run by the college are MS, MD, M.O.Th., and M.Ph.T. The college also offers Diploma courses for students.
The courses offered by GMC, Nagpur and their respective details are given below.
|Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)||
|PG Diploma Course||
GMC Nagpur Cut-Offs
Admissions to undergraduate courses at GMC, Nagpur are conducted on the basis of NEET ranks procured by candidates. To be eligible, students need to achieve a score/rank above the cut off range required by the institute.
Tabulated below are the expected NEET 2021 cut off for different courses offered at GMC, Nagpur. Students can check the actual cutoff after the declaration of NEET 2021 results.
|COURSE||GENERAL CUT OFF|
|MD Obstetrics & Gynaecology||4-2817|
|MD General Medicine||743-1411|
|MS General Surgery||2452-3687|
GMC Nagpur Scholarships
GMC, Nagpur does not provide any institutional scholarship or financial assistance to the students. However, students can avail fee waivers under special conditions. Students can also apply for educational schemes and scholarships provided by the state and central government.
- Fee waiver for needy students:GRC, Nagpur provides financial assistance and fee waivers for meritorious students belonging from BPL or low income families.
- Financial assistance for reserved category students:SC, ST and OBC students are eligible for financial assistance of a sum between INR 3000- INR 7000, based on their academic performance.
- State and National government scholarships:Students can avail a range of educational loans, schemes and scholarships through the Maharashtra educational portal and the Central government.
GMC Nagpur FAQs
Ques: Can CBSE students take admission at Govt. Medical College, Nagpur?
Ans: Yes, students from all educational boards can apply for admissions at Govt. of Medical College Nagpur. However one is selected based on his/her merit in the qualifying exam followed by an interview round.
Ques: What facilities are provided to students at Govt. Medical College, Nagpur?
Ans: At the Govt. Medical College campus, the students are offered different kinds of courses that include UG and PG courses. The college has accommodation facilities for both boys and girls separately. The campus also has a full-fledged hospital facility with every kind of medical facilities.
Ques: Are the courses at Govt. Medical College, Nagpur approved by any regulatory board?
Ans: Yes, Govt. Medical College is affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health Science and it is recognized by the Medical College of India. On successful course completion, students will be provided a valid certificate that can be used for practice or higher education as well.
Ques: Does Govt. Medical College, Nagpur offers accommodation facilities to students?
Ans: Yes, there are separate hostels for girls and boys with all basic facilities of mess, electricity at Govt. Medical College, Nagpur. The capacity of boys and girls hostel is 420 and 240 respectively. Hostel and mess fees are separate and need to be paid every month.
Ques: How to reach out to the Govt. Medical College, Nagpur for admission and other queries?
Ans: One can contact the Govt. Medical College, Nagpur at 0712-2744671/2701642 or via e-mail email@example.com any kind of queries related to academics or admissions. The college website also contains all required information. One can also visit the college in person at GMC, Near Hanuman Nagar, Nagpur, Maharashtra-440009.