Grant Medical college and Sir J.J Group of Hospitals is one of the oldest and premier medical institutions in India which is run by the Government of Maharashtra. The institute was ranked 11th among medical colleges in India by IndiaToday and 8th by The Week in 2020. Affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, it provides medical training to undergraduates and postgraduates in courses like MBBS, MD and MS.
The admission for the Grant Medical College and Sir J. J. Group of Hospitals, Mumbai, Maharashtra is an entrance exam based. All the candidates have to appear and clear the NEET UG/PG. Further the final admission in grant medical college is done through All India Medical Counselling as All India Quota 15 % MBBS seats and remaining through
Maharashtra state medical counselling as 85% state quota conducted by state medical authorities.
GMC Mumbai: Quick Facts
- Admissions for MD program are offered across various streams like General Medicine, Pharmacology, Skin and Venereal diseases, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Preventive and Social medicine, Anesthesia, Pathology, Pulmonary medicine, Pediatrics, Radiology and Psychiatry.
- Admissions for MS programs are also offered across various streams like General Surgery, ENT, Orthopaedics and traumatology, ophthalmology and Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- The minimum eligibility criteria for MBBS, a five and half year undergraduate program is 10+2 with PCB with minimum 50% marks, which further makes a candidate eligible for NEET UG.
- The minimum eligibility criteria for 3 year MD and MS post graduate programs is that the candidate should have completed MBBS with a one- year rotational internship. Also the candidate has to appear and clear NEET PG for the same.
GMC Mumbai: Ranking
|The Week 2020||#8|
|India Today 2020||#11|
GMC Mumbai: Courses and Fees
|PROGRAM||PROGRAM DETAILS||SELECTION BASIS|
||Valid NEET UG score|
|Masters in Chem||
||Valid NEET UG score|
|MD and MS||
||Valid NEET PG score|
||NEET PG Exam|
|DM in Numerology, etc||
GMC Mumbai: Cut Off 2021
NEET is the qualifying entrance exam for the medical courses across India. The National Testing Agency released NEET cut off percentile for aspiring candidates.Candidates, who score above the NEET cut off percentile become eligible to participate in the seat allotment-cum-counselling process. The cut off mentioned for various reserved and unreserved categories are as follows for the last year 2020 :
|CATEGORY||MINIMUM QUALIFYING PERCENTILE||CUT OFF MARKS (RANGE)|
|General – Physically Handicapped||45||146-129|
|SC/ ST/ OBC||40||128-113|
|OBC/ SC/ ST – Physically Handicapped||40||128-113|
GMC Mumbai: Placement
The college has a 100% placement rate.
- Highest salary offered: 6 lakhs per annum
- Average salary offered: 2 lakhs per annum
- Lowest salary offered: 2 lakhs per annum
On successful completion of their MBBS program, candidates can complete their mandatory 1 year compulsory internship with the associated medical hospitals.
Top recruiters at the college are given below:
|AIMS India||Fortis||Max Hospital|
|Heritage IMS Hospital||Seven consultancy||Tech MBS|
GMC Mumbai: Scholarships
Keeping in mind the fees of the medical courses, Grant Medical College and Sir J. J. Group of Hospitals Scholarships are as per the guidelines of Maharashtra Government. The institute offers EBC Scholarship for Open-category students, OBC Scholarship, NT Scholarship, SC Scholarship, SEBC Scholarship, ST Scholarship, etc.
Further, Grant Medical College offers following scholarships:
- J.N Tata Endowment Scholarship Programme: This scholarship is provided at the beginning of the course.
- Lila Poonawalla Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship for Science Program: This scholarship is meant for girls of Pune district and who prove themselves in academics.
- Narotam Sekhsaria Merit cum means Scholarship: This is given to students who belong to financially weak backgrounds but have excelled in academics.
GMC Mumbai: FAQs
Ques. What are the facilities available at the campus of Grant Medical College and Sir J. J. Group of Hospitals?
Ans. Candidates who get selected for any of the courses at Grant Medical College and Sir J. J. Group of Hospitals can avail facilities like hostels, library, museum and hospitals.
Ques. Do students of Grant Medical College and Sir J. J. Group of Hospitals get placements on completion of their courses ?
Ans. As such the Grant Medical College and Sir J. J. Group of Hospitals doesn’t provide any placement separately but the MBBS candidates can apply for one year mandatory internship with the clinical affiliated hospital Sir J. J. Group of Hospitals.
Ques. How is the hostel and canteen facility at Grant Medical College and Sir J. J. Group of Hospitals ?
Ans. There are around 860 rooms for undergraduates students and 410 rooms for PG students. Apart from rooms provided for UG and PG students the college also provides 200 rooms for interns with air conditioning and internet facility. There is a separate dining area for both boys and girls. There are around 7 canteens for staff and students.
Ques. Where is Grant Medical College and Sir J. J. Group of Hospitals located ?
Ans. Grant Medical College and Sir J. J. Group of Hospitals located near Byculla in Maharashtra.
Ques. What is the minimum age criteria for MBBS degree at Grant Medical College and Sir J. J. Group of Hospitals?
Ans. The age of the candidate who are planning to apply for MBBS should be 17 years of age.