T. A. Pai Management Institute, Manipal is one of the top 20 B-Schools in India. The institute is 27th in NIRF ranking in the Management category.TAPMI offers PGDM programs (similar to MBA) at the PG level. It also offers a Ph.D. level program in various specializations. TAPMI Manipal follows a Credit Based Curriculum.
Candidates who wish to apply for PGDM and EPGPM must have a valid CAT/XAT/GMAT score. The final selection will be based on the candidate’s overall performance in previous academics and entrance test score followed by GD/PI.
Foreign Nationals applying for PGDM must have a valid GMAT/ IELTS score.
TAPMI Manipal: Admission Updates
- TAPMI has announced the next batch for EPGPM.
- The first list of final selections for TAPMI Manipal admissions has been announced.
- Classes for the first-year PGDM will commence from July 1, 2022.
TAPMI Manipal: Key Points
- TAPMI was established in the year 1980 and has the approval of AICTE
- The institute ranks within the top 150 QS World University rankings for 2022 in the management category.
- The institute is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- The campus spreads over 44.11 acres and has all the basic facilities such as a library, seminar halls, finance lab, etc.
- Regarding placement, the 2019-21 batch was offered an annual CTC of INR 11.1 LPA for PGDM (General), INR 10.3 LPA for PGDM-BKFS, and INR 10 LPA for PGDM-MSM.
- The batch of 2020 saw 102 recruiters and 450 being placed with INR 25 LPA being the highest salary package offered.
- Some of the top recruiters that have visited the campus for placement are Indian Oil, Himalaya, LIC, Corporate Bank, etc
TAPMI Manipal Courses Offered
TAPMI offers PGDM, EPGPM, and Doctorate programs. The PGDM course has 3 specializations in Banking and Financial Services, Human Resource Management, and Marketing. TAPMI offers Ph.D. in association with Manipal Academy of Higher Education and Executive Post Graduate Program in Management in alliance with Manipal Academy of global education (MaGE). Given below are specifics of the above-mentioned courses:
||Previous academic performance + A valid score in CAT/XAT/GMAT + GD/PI + Weightage for extracurricular activities|
||Manipal Academy Higher Education written test/Interview|
TAPMI Manipal Admission
Admissions are based on merit and score in the national entrance tests namely CAT/GMAT/XAT followed by the candidate’s performance in GD/PI. The application mode is online.
How to Apply?
- Visit the official website of TAPMI Manipal.
- Click on “Admission Tab” and select “Admission Process”
- Now, click on “Apply” on the right side of the page.
- Enter the required information and create a Login ID and password
- After logging in, fill in the application form
- Select the number of the program you wish to apply for.
- Upload the required documents such as photos, signs, and mark sheets.
- Pay the application fee and print the Confirmation Page for future reference.
TAPMI Manipal Placement
TAPMI Institute offers Pre-Placement Offers to students from different departments made by Companies after the Internship via the Placement Committee.
- The average CTC of Pre-Placement Offers is INR 10.1 LPA, INR 16.2 LPA, and 12.4 LPA.
- For 2020 recruitment, the placement statistics show that there is an increase of INR 5 lakhs in top CTC from the previous year as it rose from INR 20 LPA to INR 25 LPA and the average CTC has also increased by INR 0.4 lakhs.
- For the HR batch, 36 have been selected for a summer internship with an average INR 56k stipend and INR 1.2 Lakh being the highest.
- The average salary package is INR 11.50 LPA.
Some of the well-known companies that visit the University for Placement and Recruitment Process:
|HDFC Life||TATA AIG||ITC Ltd||Zoho|
TAPMI Manipal Scholarship
TAPMI offers several scholarships to its students who have shown promising performance.
- Dr. Ramdas Pai Merit Scholarship: This scheme provides scholarships of up to INR 2.9 crores for up to 50 students. The details are tabulated below:
|TYPE||NO.OF STUDENTS||ELIGIBILITY||FEE WAIVER|
|Dr. Ramdas Pai Merit Scholarship – Category I||20||95 percentile and above in CAT / XAT; 730 and above in GMAT||30% of total tuition fee|
|Dr. Ramdas Pai Merit Scholarship – Category II||10||90 percentile and above in CAT / XAT &; family gross income (before tax) below rupees ten lakh|
|Dr. Ramdas Pai Merit Scholarship – Category III||88 percentile and above in CAT / XAT &; family gross income (before tax) below rupees eight lakh.|
|Dr. Ramdas Pai Merit Scholarship – Category IV||Family Gross Income (before tax) below rupees seven lakh; No CAT / XAT score criteria|
- Dean’s Roll of Honour: This scholarship provides INR 2 Lakhs each to the top 10 performers of the batch.
- TAPMI- SHRM Scholarship: This scheme provides up to INR 31 Lakhs and all students of PGDM-HRM are eligible to apply.
- CFA/ FRM/ CMT Scholarships: All students of the PGDM- BKFS course is eligible to apply for this scholarship of up to INR 10 lakhs.
- YLP Stipend: This provides up to INR 6 Lakhs. All students are eligible to apply.
- Ph.D. Scholarship: This scheme is for doctoral students and provides a full waiver of tuition fees, a monthly stipend of INR. 25,000 for the first two years and INR 30,000 for the next two years.
TAPMI Manipal Facilities
Students of TAPMI have access to educational and residential facilities, some of which are listed as follows:
- Library: A three-storied fully furnished A/c library with 35,00 books, 300 national and international periodicals, and subscriptions to 18 academic and corporate databases such as Science Direct and JGate are available for students to utilize.
- Seminar Hall: The college has a vast seminar hall that can accommodate 250 and is equipped with audio and visual technologies such as speakers, microphones, etc.
- Hostel: Hostel for both boys and girls is available. The rooms have attached bathrooms with 24 hours hot water facility. There are also lifts, wifi, and backup power.
- Other facilities include Finance labs, Audio Visual technology, Classrooms, ICT Infrastructure, etc.
TAPMI Manipal Faculty
TAPMI has both core and adjunct faculty who are all well versed in their field of expertise and can provide high-end education, training, and research. The total faculty consists of 64 with 61 core members, 2 Adjunct faculty, and 1 Professor of Practice of Banking. The designations and numbers are as follows:
- Professors: 16
- Associate Professors: 27
- Assistant Professors: 14
- Faculty Assistant: 5
TAPMI Manipal FAQs
Ques. What is the seat intake of PGDM at TAPMI Manipal?
Ans. The seat intake for the PGDM course is as tabulated below
Ques. What is the application fee of the TAPMI Manipal?
Ans. As all courses are separate, candidates can apply for more than one specialization. Hence the application fee is as listed below
- Any One Program: INR 2,100 + 18% GST
- Any Two Programs: INR 2,500 + 18% GST
- Any Three Programs: INR 4,000 + 18% GST
- All Four Programs: INR 6,000 + 18% GST
Ques. Are the selection criteria different for candidates with more than 20 months of work experience at TAPMI Manipal?
Ans. Yes, for candidates with more than 20 months of work experience the following parameters are taken into account:
- Score in CAT/ XAT/ GMAT (the one with a higher score will be considered)
- Academic Performance (10, 10+2, Graduation, Overall academics, etc.)
- Work experience (type of company, total experience in months, etc.)
- Extra-curricular achievements at State/ National/ International level
- The Statement of Purpose
Ques. What is the weightage allotted to different selection criteria for admission at TAPMI Manipal?
Ans. The final selection is based on the culmination of the entrance score, performance in the previous qualifying exam, work experience, English proficiency test, group discussion, and personal interview. The weightage of the score for these are shown below:
|Entrance Exam Score||35|
|Weightage for Gender Diversity and Extra-curricular Activities||5|
Ques. How is campus life at TAPMI Manipal?
Ans. TAPMI Manipal has a beautiful campus with modern infrastructure and the best facilities. The faculty is top-notch and the students have various activities such as group assignments, case discussions, celebrations of various festivals such as Halloween and Janmashtami which leads to fulfilling campus life.
Ques. How is the interview experience at TAPMI Manipal?
Ans. At TAPMI Manipal, they ask questions that not only test the subject knowledge and general awareness of the candidates but also look to find their potential in the managerial field. This can include quizzing on hypothetical situations as well as past experiences of the candidates to divulge how they can cope with practical problems.