IIMC Kolkata Established in 1961 is one of the Top Management Colleges in India, It became the first IIM to be accepted to the prestigious category. From the last 5 years, IIMC Kolkata consistently ranked 3rd in NIRF Ranking. The most popular course of IIMC is MBA followed by one year MBA or MBA Executive.
Admissions to IIM Calcutta's HR Management Executive Program and Advanced Programme in Supply Chain Management are open now, the deadlines are May 19 and 25, respectively.
IIMC has one of the best Management studies faculty in our country. The placement of IIMC is also great. In the 2021 batch, the placement is 100 percent with a hike of 4 percent in the average salary package. The average CTC offered is 29 Lakh per annum.
For Senior Managers and Executives with 8 years of experience, IIM Calcutta launched an online course on “Communication Strategies for Corporate Leaders” on February 23. To apply for this course, candidates must have a graduate grade point average of at least 50%. Admission to IIMC is based on marks scored in the CAT, MAT, UGC NET, etc.
Quick Facts About IIM Kolkata
- IIM Calcutta, which is well-known for its PGDM (MBA) program, is ranked # 44 in the world by FT 2021 Rankings.
- PGP students at IIM Calcutta pay INR 24,00,000 in total program tuition, and IIM Calcutta offers a variety of scholarships ranging from INR 3 LPA to INR 4 LPA.
- The faculty at IIM Calcutta has an average of 10-20 years of experience in MNCs and study research.
- IIM Calcutta has collaborated with more than 40 of the world’s leading management schools to deliver a foreign exchange program as part of its curriculum.
- IIM Calcutta gave all MBA students an average package of INR 25 LPA for the 2020 Placements. E-Commerce was the most common hiring field, followed by Finance and Consulting.
- In the Finance market, the largest CTC is INR 80 LPA (Domestic).
- A total of 150 recruiters made 498 offers for MBA placements.
- For 2020 placements, the average CTC was 27.98 LPA.
IIM Kolkata: Highlights
|Set By||Government of India|
|Entrance Exam||CAT, GMAT [For International Students]|
|Course Offered||MBA, PGDM|
|Outlook I-Care MBA Ranking||3|
|QS Global MBA Ranking||79|
|Financial Times Ranking||42|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Test and Interview, Group Discussion|
|Top Recruiters||Bank Of America, Amazon, Flipkart, ITC, Paytm, Vedanta, Hindustan Unilever|
|Campus Area||135 Acre|
IIM Kolkata Ranking
|QS MBA Asia||12||2021|
|Financial Times MBA||42||2020|
|Financial Times MiM||21||2020|
IIMC Kolkata: Course
|COURSE||ELIGIBILITY AND SELECTION CRITERIA||AVERAGE FEES|
||No tuition fees. Fellowship provided @ 30,000-35,000 per Month|
IIM Kolkata CAT Cut Off 2021
IIMC has released for admission along with the revised IIM Kolkata Selection Process & Cut Off. The minimum cut off is 85 percentile for General category and has been assigned a weightage of 30 marks while the weightage for PI is 48 marks.
|CATEGORY||SECTION – I (QA)||SECTION – II (DILR)||SECTION – III (VA)||TOTAL PERCENTILE|
|OPEN||> 75||> 80||> 80||> 85|
|NC OBC||> 65||> 65||> 70||> 75|
|EWS||> 65||> 65||> 70||> 75|
|SC||> 60||> 60||> 65||> 70|
|ST||> 55||> 55||> 55||> 65|
|PWD||> 55||> 55||> 55||> 65|
IIM Kolkata: Admission Process
Under the different disciplines of management education, IIM Kolkata offers MBA, MBA Corporate, PGPEX-VLM, PGDBA, and doctoral programs, as well as a few executive programs. The application process for IIM Kolkata is entirely online, and it is based on the CAT test. The following are the details of the course by course admission:
- A valid Entrance Exam score is required for entry to the various programs (minimum 85 percentile).
- Candidates from outside India must have a clear GMAT rating.
- IIM Kolkata has changed its weighting criteria to shortlist students by giving their academic success more weight (56 percent weightage for CAT score and 44 percent for academics).
- Final MBA entry is determined by a combination of factors such as the CAT percentile, the Personal Interview (PI), the WAT (Written Skill Test), previous academic success, and work experience.
How to Apply?
- The application form is accepted through online mode only.
- Candidates have to register themselves online on the official website for the CAT examination.
- Candidates have to fill in their personal details, educational detail, and other qualifications carefully.
- Once the candidate has filled the application form then they would need to upload a photograph.
- The candidate must pay the application fees through online mode.
- After all, this admit card will be released on the given date and you have to print it out and give your test.
IIM Kolkata: Placement
IIM Kolkata has a great record in past for placement and in this COVID situation, they broke their own previous record, and this year 2021 they emerged a victor with 100% placements. The key highlights of placements are
- Total 150 recruiters have come to the college and offered 498 jobs for the batch of 444 students.
- The class was placed across various sectors including Consulting (30%), Sales and Marketing (17%), Finance (15%), General Management & Operations (19%), and Product Management & IT Analytics (19%).
- The Highest CTC offered to IIM Kolkata students is 80,00,000 in 2020.
- The average salary for the 2020 batch is 27,80,000.
IIM Kolkata: Scholarship
On the basis of students’ performances, the Institute and various organizations fund a selection of prizes/awards to be given to deserving students. On the recommendation of the Institute’s Students’ Council, several awards are presented to students at the Annual Convocation for excellent extracurricular activities.
- IIM Kolkata gives two PGP students the OP Jindal Engineering & Management Scholarship. This scholarship varies from INR 80000 to INR 150000, depending on the students’ merit.
- T. Thomas Scholarship. HUL offers this award to first-year students based on their academic performance. This scholarship is open to IIM Kolkata PGP second-year students.
- Aditya Birla is a businessman and philanthropist. This group scholarship is awarded to IIM Kolkata based on the academic performance of the students. The scholarship is worth INR 1.75 lakhs per annum.
IIM Kolkata: Facilities
- Recreation Centre – Equipped with Swimming pool, basketball court, Tennis, Table Tennis, badminton court, Gymnasium, etc…
- TVs, Washing machines in addition to laundry service.
IIM Kolkata: Faculty
IIM Kolkata is home to the Finance Lab, HPS Research Groups, and a number of other centers. Fellows of IIM Ahmedabad, such as Abhishek Goel and Amit Dhiman, are among the faculty members who are working on research publications. IIM Kolkata, on the other hand, has recently voiced concern over a shortage of full-time faculty members.
According to estimates, the number of full-time faculty is about 20-30. It has a lower score than IIMA and IIMB. The faculty-to-student ratio at IIMC has plummeted in the last two years. IIM Kolkata is unable to fulfil the institute’s demand of a 1:10 faculty-to-student ratio.
IIM Kolkata: FAQs
Ques. What makes IIM Kolkata unique?
Ans. When comparing IIM Kolkata to other B-schools in the world, the first thing that comes to mind is the campus, which is one of India’s best-looking campuses, spanning 135 acres. The campus has over seven lakes, giving it the nickname “The Campus with 7 Lakes.”
Ques. Is IIM Kolkata a recognized College?
Ans. IIM Kolkata is India’s only management institute with three main international accreditation bodies for business schools: AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), AMBA (Association of MBAs), and EQUIS (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business).
Ques. What are the fees for the MBA program at IIM Kolkata?
Ans. From the academic year 2018-2020, IIM Kolkata raised the fee for its two-year flagship PGP (MBA) program by 5% to Rs 21 lakh. The amount includes a tuition fee of Rs 15,15,000 plus GST. Laptop, boarding, washing, and personal expenses are not included in the price. The fee specifics for MBA provided by IIM Kolkata are not accessible on the official website, so this information was gathered from other sites on the internet.
Ques. What is IIM Kolkata’s teaching methodology?
Ans. IIM Kolkata’s pedagogy is highly immersive and integrates a wide range of instructional techniques and approaches. Lectures are augmented by real-life case studies, business scenarios, and general presentations, depending on the course.
Ques. What is IIMC’s average batch strength?
Ans. The batch size at IIM Kolkata varies from year to year depending on the institute’s needs. Currently, there are 280 students in the first-year cohort. In addition, there are about 210 PGDM students and 10-15 FPM students.
Ques. How many regular programs are offered by IIMC and what are their durations?
Ans. PGDM, MBAEx, PGPEX-VLM, and FP are the four regular academic programs offered by IIM. The PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma of Management) is a two-year full-time degree. MBAEx (Master of Business Administration for Executives) is a one-year residential general management program for mid-career professionals offered by IIM Calcutta. The PGPEX VLM (Post Graduate Course for Executives in Visionary Leadership in Manufacturing) is a one-year full-time residential program for manufacturing executives. Ph.D. or FP (Fellow Programme) is a research program whose length is determined by the student’s results (about four years on an average).
Ques. Does IIM Kolkata offer a loan facility to its students?
Ans. Banks do have educational loans, indeed. For example, the State Bank of India offers SBI Scholar Loans based on certain conditions that are in effect at the time of application. For more details, candidates should contact the Manager, IIM Joka Branch, State Bank of India.
Ques. Does IIM Kolkata offer a hostel facility?
Ans. The Old Hostel, White Hostel, and Modern Hostel are the three primary hostels at the institute. There’s a lot of space for conversation and building relationships. The White Hostel and New Hostel are both male hostels, while the Old Hostel is a co-ed hostel with separate wings for females. All of these hostels have all of the required amenities for a modern hostel.
Ques. What are the trends seen in the placements of IIM Kolkata?
Ans IIM Kolkata saw 100% placements of its MBA class during 2020 placements for the second year in a row. With a track record of outstanding placements for the MBA class, the total pay package for the 2020 placements drives increased by 10% over the previous year’s placements drive.
Ques. Which is better, IIM Kolkata or IIM Ahmedabad?
Ans. Both institutes are prestigious Indian business schools. According to the Financial Times, IIM Kolkata’s flagship MBA program is ranked second, and IIM Ahmedabad’s PGPX program is ranked 26th. IIM Kolkata is renowned for its Finance specialization, while IIM Ahmedabad is known for its Marketing specialization.