Prof. Rajendra Singh University (PRSU) is situated in Prayagraj in Uttar Pradesh. PRSU was formerly known as Allahabad State University and was established in the year 2016. It aims at providing regional, national and global opportunities for students to learn via various methodologies and introduce them to aspects of higher learning, research and engagement. Prof. Rajendra Singh University provides courses in various domains at Bachelors, Masters, Doctoral and Post-Doctoral level.
The courses are offered under 11 different departments which focuses on providing and imparting deep knowledge to the students. Various courses available for pursuing are Ancient Indian History, Philosophy, Political Science, Economics, Sanskrit, Sociology, Hindi, Commerce, Social Work, Defence and Strategic Studies and Geography.
|Established | Institute Type||2016 | State University|
|Set by||Government of Uttar Pradesh|
|Approved By||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Courses Offered||Graduation, Masters, Doctorate and Post-Doctoral level|
|Popular Courses||B.Com, MA Hindi, BBA, MSW, B.Tech|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based & Entrance Test|
|Facilities Available||Library, Sports, IT Centre and Medical Centre|
PRSU Courses Offered
The courses offered and the details regarding the programs are mentioned alongside the table below:
PRSU Admission Process
The admission process for Prof. Rajendra Singh University is conducted in the online mode. The application cum registration form can be filled on the official website of the PRSU.
How to Apply?
- Visit the official website of Prof. Rajendra Singh University, Prayagraj.
- Under the Admission section, visit the Apply Online section.
- Upon clicking on the option, a page will be directed which will have the registration form.
- Candidates need to register themselves on the official website of the PRSU.
- Followed by it, fill in all the personal and educational details asked in the application form.
- Pay the requisite application form fees and check all the filled information.
- Click on the submit button and submit the filled application form cum registration form.
PRSU provides more internship and placement opportunities for technical courses over non-technical courses. More than 85% of the placements and internship opportunities are provided for the students in this context. The placement opportunities are provided based on the merit list and interview process conducted by the respective statutory body. Candidates are provided training after selection to make them excel in their work. Various renowned companies like Wipro, Amazon, Tata, Reliance etc. visits the campus for providing technical training and job opportunities for the students.
The various facilities provided at the PRSU Prayagraj are listed below:
- Sports Complex: PRSU has a sports complex that includes both indoor as well as outdoor games. Games such as Badminton, table tennis, lawn tennis, carom, chess, basketball is available for students and faculty at PRSU.
- Library: PRSU holds a large library that encompasses all the fiction, non-fiction, journals, magazines and other important competitive examination books are available for students.
- IT Centres: Prof. Rajendra Singh University has IT Centre available for students to get inculcated with all the latest technology and get to learn and know about it.
- Medical Support Systems: PRSU has Medical Support systems available for any emergencies if arises on the campus. It includes proper medical team and equipment available for any emergency.
The faculty under the various department are mentioned below:
- Prof. Raj Kumar Gupta
- Dr Prashant Singh
- Dr Manoj Kumar Gupta
- Dr Atul Kumar Verma
- Dr Yuvraj Singh
- Dr Manmohan Tiwari
- Dr Alka Mishra
- Dr Ajeet Singh
Ques. Is the application process for the PRSU courses conducted in offline mode also?
Ans. The application process for the PRSU courses is conducted via online mode only. No application form is accepted via offline mode.
Ques. Is there any entrance exam conducted for admission into the UG, PG, Doctoral programs at PRSU?
Ans. There is no such particular institute-based entrance exam conducted for admission into the PRSU at a different level. The admission process in the different courses is based on merit.
Ques. Is there any entrance exam conducted for admission into the Doctoral course at PRSU?
Ans. The admission is done based on NET/JRF and another related entrance exam. The final merit list is prepared based on this entrance exam only. No separate entrance exam is co ducted for admission into the Doctoral course at PRSU.
Ques. Is there any hostel facility available at PRSU for undergoing various courses?
Ans. Prof. Rajendra Singh University offers a hostel facility separately for girls and boys. The hostel facility is provided based on the merit scored in the entrance exam or the last qualifying examination.
Ques. Does PRSU offer e-learning material for UG and PG students to access?
Ans. PRSU offers online study material in the form of e-pathshala material for undergraduate and postgraduate students as well. Candidates need to login via their credentials for accessing the material.